Warm-down 4 Ire v Wal Bóthar Lansdún Sat 7 Sept 1pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    Yes but who will be brought on after an hour?
    Harry Rongrise, naturally.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Yes but who will be brought on after an hour?
      Ross Byrne, if he also gets injured then its time for ROG

Comment

​​​​​​If Jonny gets injured and Joey doesn't recover in time, we are in what a former Boss of mine used to call the Manure Business.
        The top ranked team going into a rugby World Cup with an injury crisis at ten.

historically there is good precedent for that

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Carty will do fine in those circumstances
          Agree. Carty is looking better and better with every outing and is doing a grand job. He is a neat footballer with a good all-round game and seems to have plenty of self confidence. Fair play to him.
          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Agree. Carty is looking better and better with every outing and is doing a grand job. He is a neat footballer with a good all-round game and seems to have plenty of self confidence. Fair play to him.
            People have been doubting Carty and Connacht for a long time, and they’ve repeatedly proven those doubters wrong by competing with the other provinces, but they continue to be viewed as a level below.

On last season’s form, Carty is a match for Carbery and Byrne. I’d be quite happy for him to step in if needed. Sexton looked pretty solid though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Fully agree on JC's play but his goal-kicking for Ireland is a worry (Carty)
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Get Murray to do it maybe?

Comment

Goal kicking percentage was above 80% so how of a worry is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                    Goal kicking percentage was above 80% so how of a worry is it?
                    Is that his overall percentage? If so, I stand corrected.
                    I seem to remember Jack missing a few straight-forward enough ones.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Get Murray to do it maybe?
                      That might be the long and the short of it.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Is that his overall percentage? If so, I stand corrected.
                        I seem to remember Jack missing a few straight-forward enough ones.
                        That was Last seasons kicking stats
                        He did have a period where he was very ropey and used to get awful criticism from the clan supporters in the sportsground but that isnt case now.

Comment

That was Last seasons kicking stats
                          He did have a period where he was very ropey and used to get awful criticism from the clan supporters in the sportsground but that isnt case now.
                          While RugbyPass credits Carty with a 94% 'tackles-won' rate, they score him at 43% success rate for goal-kicking for Ireland.
                          3 out of 7 doesn't equal 80%.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

While RugbyPass credits Carty with a 94% 'tackles-won' rate, they score him at 43% success rate for goal-kicking for Ireland.
                            3 out of 7 doesn't equal 80%.
                            I was talking about Connacht kick stats as thats far better stat considering 7 kicks isnt high enough to give a good idea on his ability

Comment

I was talking about Connacht kick stats as thats far better stat considering 7 kicks isnt high enough to give a good idea on his ability
                              Fair enough ol, but 3 from 7 worries me. Hopefully Jack will bring his Connacht kicking form to the RWC.
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Fair enough ol, but 3 from 7 worries me.
                                Don't be so negative Ustix, you're always glass half empty, aren't ya

Comment

Working...
                                X