Warm-up 3) Wails and Ireland - Saturday 2.30 on C4 and Millenipalitystad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

A fair team based on form to date, or game time for guys who haven’t played yet
    Has to be the latter, no-one has shown any "form" so far.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
      Kilcoyne, Scannell, Furlong, Toner, Ryan, Beirne, Ruddock, Conan, Marmian, Carty, Stockdale, Henshaw, Farrell, Earls, Addison - McGrath, Cronin, Ryan, TOD, Murphy, Murray, Byrne, Ringrose would be the team I'd pick
      Had forgotten about Addison. He deserves a run somewhere in the team.

Have to say I like Farrell at 12. He has pretty good hands and he’s a big fecker who draws defenders.

Comment

When you whole gameplan revolves around 10 its hard to just slot in another guy and watch him own the position. I dont think the lack of Sexton is the root of our troubles but his angry koont head is missed
        I am the million man.

Comment

It wasn't that long ago we played Eric Miller in the centres at a world cup. This set of players, if they were to sort themselves out, are capable of beating the best in the world. That has never been the case going into any World cup before.

Have to hope they can bounce back and rediscover the form they've showed in the past.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Simpsons.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	2575122
          "Nobody who saw the England match would say that"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
            It wasn't that long ago we played Eric Miller in the centres at a world cup. This set of players, if they were to sort themselves out, are capable of beating the best in the world. That has never been the case going into any World cup before.

Have to hope they can bounce back and rediscover the form they've showed in the past.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Simpsons.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	2575122
            "Nobody who saw the England match would say that"
            Realistically, at this stage, it is our only hope. ( and the oxymoron is the least of the problems with this statement).

Comment

Murray Kinsella's predicted Ireland team this weekend.

https://www.the42.ie/omahony-captain...84789-Aug2019/

Addison; Conway, Farrell, Aki, Stockdale; Carty, Marmion; Kilcoyne, Scannell, Ryan; Henderson, Ryan; Beirne, POM (c), Conan

Comment

What's the story with Henshaw? When did he last play? Joe picks the squad after this weekend but doesn't announce it until after the last warmup game. Is he going to pick players like Henshaw, Earls & Sexton without any game time under their belts?

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post
                  What's the story with Henshaw? When did he last play? Joe picks the squad after this weekend but doesn't announce it until after the last warmup game. Is he going to pick players like Henshaw, Earls & Sexton without any game time under their belts?
                  Three lads who are normally nailed on starters when fit so I assume they're going. I think his dilemma is Farrell/Addison/Conway. It's looking like two of those three with possible caveat that Conway surpasses Larmour in the squad.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post
                    Henshaw hasn't played for Ireland since the debacle at full-back against England and that was his first appearance since the tour of Australia. He did start five of Leinster's last six games in April and May though.
                    Last edited by Mike Gibson; 28th-August-2019, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                      Murray Kinsella's predicted Ireland team this weekend.

https://www.the42.ie/omahony-captain...84789-Aug2019/

Addison; Conway, Farrell, Aki, Stockdale; Carty, Marmion; Kilcoyne, Scannell, Ryan; Henderson, Ryan; Beirne, POM (c), Conan
                      Love the backline (esepcially against a more experimental Welsh side) but I'm surprised at the back row. Would have thought Jordi would need to be seen at 7. Would also have had Beirne at lock so we could put Ruddock at 6. I guess Joe already knows what he's doing with Jordi and Ruddock one way or 't'other if Murray is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Henshaw hasn't played for Ireland since the debacle at full-back against England and that was his first appearance since the tour of Australia. He did start five of Leinster's last six games in April and May though.
                        You forgetting his glittering run at 15 against England?

EDIT: I wish I could.

Comment

I like the look of Kinsellas team

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post

You forgetting his glittering run at 15 against England?

EDIT: I wish I could.
                            Had tried to wipe it from my memory but must have edited my post while you were responding to my original reply.

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry View Post

Love the backline (esepcially against a more experimental Welsh side) but I'm surprised at the back row. Would have thought Jordi would need to be seen at 7. Would also have had Beirne at lock so we could put Ruddock at 6. I guess Joe already knows what he's doing with Jordi and Ruddock one way or 't'other if Murray is correct.
                              Jordi and Ruddock are pretty ordinary players. They’ll do a job against mediocre opposition but they’ve never really cut it at the top level and replacing POM, CJ or VdF with one/both of them isn’t gonna turn us into a RWC SF side.

Beirne and Conan have more about them, even if the former is more a lock than a 6, and playing POM at 7 gives us two lineout options in the back row. Rory can hardly miss four fecking jumpers!

Marmion/Carty/Aki know one another and how to move a back line. Farrell is a big unit with soft hands. The back three is fairly quick. They’re unlikely to play like a Joe team and could catch a lot of teams napping if they gel.

Front five is hardy enough, and the four newbies should be up for it after watching that shambles last week.

It’s a left field selection, and it’s exciting. Even if it doesn’t work at least we’ve mixed things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Jordi and Ruddock are pretty ordinary players. They’ll do a job against mediocre opposition but they’ve never really cut it at the top level and replacing POM, CJ or VdF with one/both of them isn’t gonna turn us into a RWC SF side.

Beirne and Conan have more about them, even if the former is more a lock than a 6, and playing POM at 7 gives us two lineout options in the back row. Rory can hardly miss four fecking jumpers!

Marmion/Carty/Aki know one another and how to move a back line. Farrell is a big unit with soft hands. The back three is fairly quick. They’re unlikely to play like a Joe team and could catch a lot of teams napping if they gel.

Front five is hardy enough, and the four newbies should be up for it after watching that shambles last week.

It’s a left field selection, and it’s exciting. Even if it doesn’t work at least we’ve mixed things up.
                                Murphy played in both games against the All Blacks, starting the Chicago one and coming on for POM in the 63rd minute of the other one. Not saying that he's going to turn Ireland into a semi's team but he has played against them. I would agree with you on Ruddock. He's a game player but he's never done enough for me to think that he deserves to be starting for Ireland unless there is a few injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X