X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm-up 3) Wails and Ireland - Saturday 2.30 on C4 and Millenipalitystad

We going to Seaworld and Shamu is gonna take us to the bottom of the tank
    I am the million man.

Wales will be champing at the bit to stick another 30+ point defeat on us- and I would hate to see that done to whatever morale we have left after England. So does joe STICK with the non-injured starters from last week, giving them a chance at redemption? Or TWIST , and make the three front row (inc Scannell, who can at least hit his jumpers regularly), one second row (Henderson for Ryan, I’d keep Kleyn), two back row ( beirne and Conan), half back (marmion and carty), midfield ( Farrell comes in, at 12), wing (earls) and FB that Saturday showed were needed. My guess is that Joe’s money is on STICK.

Comment

Lads, we'll be grand. Joe's the best coach in the world. His attention to detail is meticulous, so much so, that every player knows their individual role inside out. Get them leader beans down ye ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        We going to Seaworld and Shamu is gonna take us to the bottom of the tank
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Can we still be World No.1 if we beat them Welsh?

we can win back the Raeburn shield too!
          Last edited by Sulla; 26th-August-2019, 11:07.
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Ireland are a busted flush, they've been done since winning the 6N at Twickenham. Wales by 20 points no matter who Joe picks, because if the first choice aren't good enough then the likes of Scannell and Farrell aren't either. No one in the reserves with any x-factor or world class ability.

We'll be lucky to beat Scotland and Japan will be looking to show what they can do to a 'big' nation at home. What a pity.
            Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
            http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

We should be begging Eddie Osullivan to come on board

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                We should be begging Eddie Osullivan to come on board
                Why, Eddie?

Comment

Apparently both teams will be experimental. Makes some sense as it's the last match before the 31-man squad has to be announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                    Ireland are a busted flush, they've been done since winning the 6N at Twickenham. Wales by 20 points no matter who Joe picks, because if the first choice aren't good enough then the likes of Scannell and Farrell aren't either. No one in the reserves with any x-factor or world class ability.

We'll be lucky to beat Scotland and Japan will be looking to show what they can do to a 'big' nation at home. What a pity.
                    Agree- wholeheartedly, but very reluctantly. I’d advocate Scannell, Conway and Farrell, not because I believe they are world class, or have X factor, but just because they can do their jobs competently. We have nobody who might make it into a top international side- with the possible exception of Ryan. Two-ish years ago, on form, we might have had half a dozen worthy of consideration: Healy, Furlong, Best, POM, CJ, Murray, Sexton. A shot off SA in the quarters is about as much as we can hope for. We seem to have learned very little since the last World Cup.

Comment

Very strong rumours that Sexton is a doubt to make the plane. Apparently the injury is more serious than is being let on

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                        Apparently both teams will be experimental. Makes some sense as it's the last match before the 31-man squad has to be announced.
                        Unless Wales experiment with their backs in the scrum, and forward in their backline- it won’t make any difference.
                        Last edited by jagawayagain; 26th-August-2019, 16:05.

Comment

Kilcoyne, Scannell, Furlong, Toner, Ryan, Beirne, Ruddock, Conan, Marmian, Carty, Stockdale, Henshaw, Farrell, Earls, Addison - McGrath, Cronin, Ryan, TOD, Murphy, Murray, Byrne, Ringrose would be the team I'd pick

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                            Kilcoyne, Scannell, Furlong, Toner, Ryan, Beirne, Ruddock, Conan, Marmian, Carty, Stockdale, Henshaw, Farrell, Earls, Addison - McGrath, Cronin, Ryan, TOD, Murphy, Murray, Byrne, Ringrose would be the team I'd pick
                            A fair team based on form to date, or game time for guys who haven’t played yet
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Gatty will send out a duff team to paper over the cracks by letting us win. Then he'll clean up on that bag he slapped on us with the biscuit and cookie for not getting out of the group.

Comment

Working...
                              X