X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B. Vunipola is irreplaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      Patrick McKendry in the NZH reckons that Oz got away with 14 Neck Rolls last Saturday.
      How many did NZ get away with?

Comment

That's a very good question.

Comment

Great now making fun of mental illness, you seem like a nice person. I won't stoop to you're level of cruelty (hopefully the mods do their job for once an give you a ban you richly deserve) so ill do my best to try to stick to the conversation no matter how hard to try change the subject and call me names.

Yes players like Itoje are crucial to England but they can win a RWC without him, they simply won't win a RWC without the players mentioned. Without BV they have no-one in the pack capable of really smashing over the game line (Underhill is a smart runner so he is a option but he isnt good enough carrying England's ball carrying duties on his own), without MT they have no-one capable in the backline able to smash through the middle and England will have to resort to width which they have tried moving away from so its not a good sign . And without Farrell they have no world class general to lead the team around the park and also lets not forget he is the captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
            Hi Folks,

My opinion FWIW
            England and SA are the 2 form sides going into this RWC , and without knowing the draw in detail, could well end up in a final, imho.

That would probably entail NZ beating SA at the group stage, but SA beating Ireland in the qf, and winning thru to the final. (Likely imho)

England have been going well for several years now under EddieJones who is a proven winner (~2018 apart) .(e.g. 6Ns record 2016 1st (+GS), 2017 1st, 2018 5th, 2019 2nd, beating Ireland well in Dublin). This past year they've been really excellent imho, they were the best side in the 6Ns imho (despite Wales winning it at home), and are now a really serious contender for this RWC.

P.S. try not to feed a troll, a team, b team, personal taunts galore and contradicting & arguing with himself.... but shur other than all that he makes great sense altogether!?! ))

P P.s. it's only a game, and ours are only opinions on a game uttered into the ether......so keep the sunny sides out
            Form team, its been ONE GAME. SA I agree with. How long will England be dining out on that Ireland win for now? Btw im clearly not contradicting myself you are just sticking up for you're buddy.

Lol just had a proper look at the England argument and you claim they have been in great form despite having to go back to 2017 to find any proper evidence of such and (like I said) basing them being good this year on ONE result...once again based of clichés. No leaders, no proper game plan (simply give it to the big guys and bash it up the middle), no plan B and as of yet still don't seem to know their best starting XV. If this was any other team we would be righting them off but its England so its irrelevant they will still do well regardless, just like in 2015 all the flaw's were ignored because it was England and what a surprise they got KO'ed in the pool stage.

The only reason England looked impressive in the 6N is the opposition played the game without a 15 at 15 and exploited it by kicking in behind, did it to Ireland and France but once a team played a 15 at 15 England were nullified, hence why they failed to win the final 2 games against meaningful opposition.
            Last edited by Cathalsmart; 13th-August-2019, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

This is the only opinion I gave on something you've wrote about in 50 odd posts but still can't make up your mind what you're on about.

'Rightly or wrongly, the term b team is used in rugby (and other sports) when a lot of key players aren't starting'

At first, I thought you were just being argumentative, but I'm starting to think you may have some form of mental disorder. I'm out.
              "Their form has been good over the last year... and their 'b' team still managed to put up a big score against a strong Welsh side at the weekend. I'd say they're building nicely."
              Or want to pretend you never said that?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

The biggest issue I see with England is that they are completely reliant on Billy V being available, i dont think any other team is as reliant on a forward for their game plan, and the BR is where most injuries happen, France and Argentina will have to watch him closely. Billy had a good run at the business end of last season, and played well against wales, but if i was a betting man and he went down then I would lay them all day they have nothing to replace him.
                Bare in mind England's final 2 games in the pool stage is against Argentina & France so England will likely play 5 tier 1 teams in 5 weeks.

Comment

Buckle up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post

Bare in mind England's final 2 games in the pool stage is against Argentina & France so England will likely play 5 tier 1 teams in 5 weeks.
                    They'll beat both, you heard it hear first.

P.s. btw, it's 'Bear in mind...'.
                    'Bare ...' normally refers to the scantily state of clad of the body, or part thereof, e.g. her bare ass shone like porcelain under the moonlight

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

They'll beat both, you heard it hear first.

P.s. btw, it's 'Bear in mind...'.
                      'Bare ...' normally refers to the scantily state of clad of the body, or part thereof, e.g. her bare ass shone like porcelain under the moonlight
                      They will beat both I’ve no doubt, it won’t be easy and if they under perform they might be in trouble (ARG and FRA are two of the most hot/cold teams in world rugby so I wouldn’t go as far as to say England will definitely win), but for the most part England should be getting through those two without much difficulty. The problems for England will come once they get past the PS, let’s not forget what happened to Ireland when they played France in the last RWC, especially if France win against Argentina, they will have nothing to lose vs England and will likely throw the kitchen sink at them. The issue in all this is the way England play is totally unsustainable for five weeks straight of tier 1 nations clashes without rest, especially when its reliant on so many players being fit for it to work effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

How many did NZ get away with?
                        Garces was reffing, all bets are off at the breakdown when he is in charge.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.r...gby-world-cup/

This could be a big loss to SA, reading between the lines it sounds like he has received a serious diagnosis but he has taken time off before for stress related issues so it may be just that.

Their attack has been excellent in the championship, maybe enough work has been done for the WC but it’s a big disruption to their preparations.
                          Last edited by lawrence; 14th-August-2019, 10:29.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.r...gby-world-cup/

This could be a big loss to SA, reading between the lines it sounds like he has received a serious diagnosis but he has taken time off before for stress related issues so it may be just that.

Their attack has been excellent in the championship, maybe enough work has been done for the WC but it’s a big disruption to their preparations.
                            Excellent? Really, I watched 2.5 of their matches in the RC and didnt think their attack was that impressive. Had a good counter attack but for the most part their attack wasnt that great at all and really relied on 10 man rugby to get the job done. This loss might be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post

Excellent? Really, I watched 2.5 of their matches in the RC and didnt think their attack was that impressive. Had a good counter attack but for the most part their attack wasnt that great at all and really relied on 10 man rugby to get the job done. This loss might be a blessing in disguise.
                              Your highly intelligent.

Comment

Garces was reffing, all bets are off at the breakdown when he is in charge.
                                Afaik, he has awarded NZ more red cards than all the other refs combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X