RWC 2019 - Other Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

If it's so clear, why don't you spell it out for us? What's the difference between an a and b team?
    F*ck off man, you created this mess you get yourself out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post

F*ck off man, you created this mess you get yourself out of it.
      I thought you didn't condone insults?

I'll remind you, because you seem to have forgotten. You brought up the a and b team argument in the first place and kept it going, claiming we hadn't a clue what we were talking about, whilst contradicting yourself in every post.
      Then you started ranting on and on about how short sighted and clueless we were to judge England on one game. You made that part up and then claimed it came from us. So, technically you've been arguing with yourself for the last few pages.

I'm done engaging with you. Good luck.

Last edited by kahalui; 12th-August-2019, 20:17.

Comment

An incredible number of posts on this thread today, despite it being silly season
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Reverting to spelling corrections = argument lost.
          Didn’t even know I was in an argument. You’re like a drunk lad down a pub now, staggering around the place throwing wild flailing punches at anybody who comes in range. G’wan ya lunatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
            An incredible number of posts on this thread today, despite it being silly season
            You have Lawrence to blame for this, rambling on about nonsense that has nothing to do with the original argument.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

I thought you didn't condone insults?

I'll remind you, because you seem to have forgotten. You brought up the a and b team argument in the first place and kept it going, claiming we hadn't a clue what we were talking about, whilst contradicting yourself in every post.
              Then you started ranting on and on about how short sighted and clueless we were to judge England on one game. You made that part up and then claimed it came from us. So, technically you've been arguing with yourself for the last few pages.

I'm done engaging with you. Good luck.
              I didnt insult you, unless you're name is "off".

Yeah and you claim having 2 of England's 3 absolute key players in a match day squad = a B team, if it was a B team Vunipola for instance would NOT be playing, you know this so stop trying to sound clever and argue this point because you really are talking rubbish if you say otherwise. Im not contradicting myself in the slightest the examples you gave me of contradicting myself is you clutching at straws. You are short sighted, you claim England look strong and used them in the same sentence as an SA team that just won the RC, yes a winning a warm up game is equivalent all right.... Mate honestly get a life you dont have a clue what you are talking about now. Yeah thats right bore off nonce.

Comment

I didnt insult you, unless you're name is "off".

Yeah and you claim having 2 of England's 3 absolute key players in a match day squad = a B team, if it was a B team Vunipola for instance would NOT be playing, you know this so stop trying to sound clever and argue this point because you really are talking rubbish if you say otherwise. No. I didn't make that claim. You're having an argument with yourself...again
                m not contradicting myself in the slightest the examples you gave me of contradicting myself is you clutching at straws.

You are short sighted, you claim England look strong and used them in the same sentence as an SA team that just won the RC, yes a winning a warm up game is equivalent all right.... No one (aside from you) said anything about England being strong because of one game.
                Mate honestly get a life you dont have a clue what you are talking about now. Yeah thats right bore off nonce.
                This is the only opinion I gave on something you've wrote about in 50 odd posts but still can't make up your mind what you're on about.

'Rightly or wrongly, the term b team is used in rugby (and other sports) when a lot of key players aren't starting'

At first, I thought you were just being argumentative, but I'm starting to think you may have some form of mental disorder. I'm out.

Comment

Hi Folks,

My opinion FWIW
                  England and SA are the 2 form sides going into this RWC , and without knowing the draw in detail, could well end up in a final, imho.

That would probably entail NZ beating SA at the group stage, but SA beating Ireland in the qf, and winning thru to the final. (Likely imho)

England have been going well for several years now under EddieJones who is a proven winner (~2018 apart) .(e.g. 6Ns record 2016 1st (+GS), 2017 1st, 2018 5th, 2019 2nd, beating Ireland well in Dublin). This past year they've been really excellent imho, they were the best side in the 6Ns imho (despite Wales winning it at home), and are now a really serious contender for this RWC.

P.S. try not to feed a troll, a team, b team, personal taunts galore and contradicting & arguing with himself.... but shur other than all that he makes great sense altogether!?! ;)))

P P.s. it's only a game, and ours are only opinions on a game uttered into the ether......so keep the sunny sides out :)
                  Last edited by Daithi; 13th-August-2019, 10:37.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Btw, if SA are beaten by NZ in their group match but yet go on to win the RWC,
                    would this be the first time ever a RWC winner was beaten earlier in the same competition!??? ( I think it may be, if it transpires)

P.s. if so, it might be worth a punt on this possibility maybe !?
                    Last edited by Daithi; 13th-August-2019, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                      Btw, if SA are beaten by NZ, but yet go on to win the RWC, (work with me here ;) )
                      would that be the first time ever a RWC winner was beaten earlier in the same competition!?

P.s. if so, it might be worth a punt maybe !?
                      Yes, it would Daithi.

Comment

Patrick McKendry in the NZH reckons that Oz got away with 14 Neck Rolls last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                          Hi Folks,

My opinion FWIW
                          England and SA are the 2 form sides going into this RWC , and without knowing the draw in detail, could well end up in a final, imho.

That would probably entail NZ beating SA at the group stage, but SA beating Ireland in the qf, and winning thru to the final. (Likely imho)

England have been going well for several years now under EddieJones who is a proven winner (~2018 apart) .(e.g. 6Ns record 2016 1st (+GS), 2017 1st, 2018 5th, 2019 2nd, beating Ireland well in Dublin). This past year they've been really excellent imho, they were the best side in the 6Ns imho (despite Wales winning it at home), and are now a really serious contender for this RWC.

P.S. try not to feed a troll, a team, b team, personal taunts galore and contradicting & arguing with himself.... but shur other than all that he makes great sense altogether!?! ;)))

P P.s. it's only a game, and ours are only opinions on a game uttered into the ether......so keep the sunny sides out :)

The biggest issue I see with England is that they are completely reliant on Billy V being available, i dont think any other team is as reliant on a forward for their game plan, and the BR is where most injuries happen, France and Argentina will have to watch him closely. Billy had a good run at the business end of last season, and played well against wales, but if i was a betting man and he went down then I would lay them all day they have nothing to replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

The biggest issue I see with England is that they are completely reliant on Billy V being available, i dont think any other team is as reliant on a forward for their game plan, and the BR is where most injuries happen, France and Argentina will have to watch him closely. Billy had a good run at the business end of last season, and played well against wales, but if i was a betting man and he went down then I would lay them all day they have nothing to replace him.
                            True, they’re a different team without him.

Comment

Tuilagi is a massive player for them also...

Comment

Itoje, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X