RWC 2019 - Other Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    Three lads with only a single cap in the England RWC squad. Eddie is a bit of a lunatic but he's not afraid to make big calls.
    The Heinz and Singleton calls are more surprising - I can understand sticking in a massive hard bastard like Ludlam at blindside flanker after he's shown he can get stuck in and lamp welsh players around the place but at hooker and scrumhalf you'd expect a period of bedding in to the system even just to learn calls etc.

Certain other international coaches would not dream of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
      Cathal, when does a b team become an a team, what's the magic number? Just so we know for future reference.
      Varies but I know for a fact that an England 23 that contains Tuilagi & BV ( on par with Farrell as England most important players) is NOT a B team.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

So you are allowed to say that SA are going well, but when someone else does they are using Cliches, and then they are just plain wrong when they say England have been going well for the last year - the England team that have been going well for the last year.
        Are you slow? SA are the current RC holders as of 2 days ago, pretty current to me. England have been going okay for a year, but thats the key word...okay. Ireland have been going better the last year yet this forum is in mourning when it comes to them so where does that put England...world cup finalists, some say...now that is using clichés.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post

The Heinz and Singleton calls are more surprising - I can understand sticking in a massive hard bastard like Ludlam at blindside flanker after he's shown he can get stuck in and lamp welsh players around the place but at hooker and scrumhalf you'd expect a period of bedding in to the system even just to learn calls etc.

Certain other international coaches would not dream of it.

The Alex Goode ommision is a strange one as well.

Comment

The Alex Goode ommision is a strange one as well.
            Not strange if you actually watch England nowadays which some on here dont do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post

Are you slow? SA are the current RC holders as of 2 days ago, pretty current to me. England have been going okay for a year, but thats the key word...okay. Ireland have been going better the last year yet this forum is in mourning when it comes to them so where does that put England...world cup finalists, some say...now that is using clichés.

Interesting, Ireland have been going better than England. I must be slow because in the most recent meeting of those two teams i seem to remember England winning easily. Any more insightful words of genius you would like to share?

Comment

Not strange if you actually watch England nowadays which some on here dont do.

This might be your best one yet, its not at all strange that the European player of the Year for 2019 who has helped his club win the Champions Cup and League has not been included in the England Squad.

Comment

Interesting, Ireland have been going better than England. I must be slow because in the most recent meeting of those two teams i seem to remember England winning easily. Any more insightful words of genius you would like to share?
                  Yeah because once again, one game changes everything. Are you really that naive? Australia spanked NZL at the weekend, does that make them better than NZL and does that mean Australia have been better over the last year?

Comment

This might be your best one yet, its not at all strange that the European player of the Year for 2019 who has helped his club win the Champions Cup and League has not been included in the England Squad.
                    Oh do England play in the champions cup now? Must have missed that.

Comment

Anscombe out of the RWC and will miss most of the season with an ACL injury.

Comment

Yeah because once again, one game changes everything. Are you really that naive? Australia spanked NZL at the weekend, does that make them better than NZL and does that mean Australia have been better over the last year?
                        When your saying that Ireland have been going better then England then yes it does. Daw.

Comment

Oh do England play in the champions cup now? Must have missed that.
                          Your username gives a terribly false impression and should in the interests of honest and clarity be edited to Cathal. I cant be dealing with a level of opinion and ability to discuss something that is firmly rooted in peppa pig land. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                            Anscombe out of the RWC and will miss most of the season with an ACL injury.
                            Very unlucky, one mans loss and all that - possibly makes Conway a cert, and opens the door a bit more for Farrell?

Comment

When your saying that Ireland have been going better then England then yes it does. Daw.
                              Yes, England were better on the day. On that very day you could say England were doing better, unfortunately we dont judge teams based on how good they were on one day (unless its the final of the RWC) we judge based on how good they have been over a year spell.
                              Last edited by Cathalsmart; 12th-August-2019, 14:14.

Comment

Your username gives a terribly false impression and should in the interests of honest and clarity be edited to Cathal. I cant be dealing with a level of opinion and ability to discuss something that is firmly rooted in peppa pig land. Best of luck.
                                What does insulting my name have to do with the discussion? Is that moving the goalpost's I see happening...

Hey you were the one that criticised my original comment about Goode not playing for England by using performance's where he you know...DIDNT PLAY FOR ENGLAND! Cronin was nominated for European player of the year, yet was third choice Ireland hooker based on the 6N...

Yeah surrender monkey.

Comment

Working...
                                X