RWC 2019 - Other Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

I fear so......not sure Japan can keep it going. Big game for South Africa, they have a score to settle and plenty of motivation
    I thought Scotland might be them, but (except for implications for Ireland) delighted for Japan. That said I really cannot see anything other than a comfortable Boks victory. They probably have a better chance of getting to the semis than we do.

Comment

No, humiliation will disallow complacency. In fact SA will be on top of their game not to allow Japan momentum. If SA batter Japan the way they did the Kiwis in the first 15 mins of their game the game will be effectively over. NZ were lucky not to be a few scores down it was the bounce if the ball that got them back into it. They'll comfortably beat Japan.
      Last edited by tippete7trees; 13th-October-2019, 13:29.

Comment

Wales have to beat France and if so, RSA or Japan to reach final.
        Happy Gatty.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

You want Ireland to have a QF against the all blacks?
          Not practically, was more just to see the scots sent home in an entertaining way. But you do realize South Africa are a really good side, have good inside knowledge on Irish rugby, are massive and have lightening out wide? It’s not that ridiculous that people might want the All Blacks over them...

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
            Wales have to beat France and if so, RSA or Japan to reach final.
            Happy Gatty.
            They’re tipping along well. Another semi final appearance at least. Gatland has a good shot at the ABs job in future I’d say. He’s got a great record with a pretty mediocre set up. Imagine what he could do with the NZ system behind him.

Comment

Japan flanker and captain Michael Leitch is some player and leader. May be the best all-round backrower so far at the RWC.
              Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                That'll be the end of Townsend as coach anyway.

Appalling RWC campaign
                I'd have to agree about Townsend. It's all talk with spotty results. at some point the SRU has to go n a new direction b/c this is wildly inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                  Japan flanker and captain Michael Leitch is some player and leader. May be the best all-round backrower so far at the RWC.
                  Player of the pools!
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I read somewhere that Japan are training with jugglers, dancers and circus-performers. You'd have to admire their innovation. I wonder could we take them the second time round? - I think they'll run rings around Rassie's RSA again.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                      I read somewhere that Japan are training with jugglers, dancers and circus-performers. You'd have to admire their innovation. I wonder could we take them the second time round? - I think they'll run rings around Rassie's RSA again.
                      Japan are a very good team but I think we'd beat them if we played them now at full strength. The difference Sexton makes is huge, and we'd be a little more prepared for their style of play this time. The conditions are a lot better now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Japan are a very good team but I think we'd beat them if we played them now at full strength. The difference Sexton makes is huge, and we'd be a little more prepared for their style of play this time. The conditions are a lot better now too.
                        In a fair game where our rush defense is allowed, where Japan are pinged for going in the side, and for holding players far beyond the ruck, and policed at the offside line I see a comfortable win for Ireland. Assuming Sexton and Murray play of course
                        Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Watch Japans third try just before half time. 22 drop out Scotland. Finn Russell goes down to tie his lace. Hogg ignores him and kicks the drop out anyway. Russell rushes up late and joins the defense in the wing position. Japan kick it past and regather. Crucial score at crucial time because Hogg lost his head.

Comment

Originally posted by desert man View Post
                            Watch Japans third try just before half time. 22 drop out Scotland. Finn Russell goes down to tie his lace. Hogg ignores him and kicks the drop out anyway. Russell rushes up late and joins the defense in the wing position. Japan kick it past and regather. Crucial score at crucial time because Hogg lost his head.
                            What's all this with modern day players constantly tying their boot laces? You do not lace rugby boots the way you lace normal everyday dress shoes, with a loose little single knot. Many of us played in the days when you had long laces, wrapped them under you instep a couple of times, then tied a tight, double knot. In close to 30 years of playing rugby, I never had a single case of an untied lace and don't remember seeing many either. If you are a big enough eejit to make a horlicks of tying up yer boots, then you must bear the consequences.
                            Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

What's all this with modern day players constantly tying their boot laces? You do not lace rugby boots the way you lace normal everyday dress shoes, with a loose little single knot. Many of us played in the days when you had long laces, wrapped them under you instep a couple of times, then tied a tight, double knot. In close to 30 years of playing rugby, I never had a single case of an untied lace and don't remember seeing many either. If you are a big enough eejit to make a horlicks of tying up yer boots, then you must bear the consequences.
                              Great memories there- I’d add the struggle to undo the knots afterwards when it was sodden and caked in mud. People also lose boots frequently- in my day you’d have been more likely to lose your foot.

Comment

Props would regularly "tie their bootlaces" before a defensive scrum on or near their own Goal Line, so as to slow things down.

Comment

Working...
                                X