X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Namibia v Canada game called off

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      Townsend had a big happy grin on his face the time the Irish team bus got delayed

Think he was involved in Glasgow the time Matawalu bit Dunners too?

No, thanks
      He bit Clohessey and Townsend tried to make it a racial issue, same as the Poison Dwarf (Shane Williams) did to Marcus a few years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post
        Namibia v Canada game called off
        At least 46 players will be relieved, no longer competing for the worst team in the tournament, which Canada would have won handily.

Comment

Fine clear blue skys in Yokohama reported so hopefully the storm has passed and the Japan Scotland game can go ahead

Comment

USA v Tonga and Wales v Uruguay going ahead.

Assessment still ongoing in relation to Japan v Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by El Pedro View Post
              Now they are saying it could be played behind closed doors, which would be fair, I can’t see them clearing the area around the stadium to make it safe for fans. If it gives ahead i fancy Scotland to win, but the Japanese could get 4 tries and a losing bonus point, that’s my favored outcome
              Jagawayagain said : " You want Ireland to have a QF against the all blacks"

If Japan only get one point, Ireland win the Pool.

Comment

Japan v Scotland to go ahead.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

blow me over with a feather.....Japan Scotland goes ahead. Delighted. Would have left a bad taste if Japan went through without playing game. Hope they do it now, 4-1 win for Scotland

Comment

Going to be one hell of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Jagawayagain said : " You want Ireland to have a QF against the all blacks"

If Japan only get one point, Ireland win the Pool.
                      Yes, and Pedro posted 4 tries and a losing bonus for Japan was his favoured outcome, but thank you for explaining the point I was making.

Comment

Japan were very shaky v Russia in 1st half. Pressure might be big factor and Scotland are a stubborn bunch when they put their minds to it. If they give Japan nothing early on might well be Scotland's day.

Comment

It won't be a 4-0 win either way anyway.

I expect Scotland to win. The Russian and Samoan games have showed that Japan's base level is lower imho. It will be very hard to stop them getting nothing out of it, and some of reffing so far has been incredibly suspect.

Ideal scenario is 4-1 Scotland. Japan through, but we go top and the two faced jocks piss off home early.
                          "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Very tough to call Japan vs Scotland. Both under pressure, not much between them in terms of capability, Japan arguably with a bit more momentum.

If the Japanese manage to drive the pace of the game I can't see the Scots coping well. Their defence is suspect.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

https://twitter.com/rugbyworldcup/st...71879529750529

Canada team head out to help with relief efforts following the cancellation of their game. Decent, very decent.
                              "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Scotland have a chance to make a poor effort look decent enough to return home with heads held reasonably high- I think that’s a massive opportunity to save face. Japan, on the other hand, with everything in their favour can only lose face. I think Scotland will win, hopefully not by enough to qualify, and not too little to deny Japan first place. 4-1, 4-0 is what I’m hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                                X