RWC 2019 - Other Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Peyper doing his best to make sure Japan play SA.....A f*cking disgraceful decision based on his reffing of the scrums all day
    Only saw the FH but watched the replay. When I heard about the call assumed it was a home town decision but having seen it you would have to watch a lot of games to see a feed as crooked as that. It wasnt even into the second row, and I think he called it as "not a roll". Giving up the BP more about Samoa stupidity.

Comment

The antithesis to Cheika.

Comment

Ireland to get BP win over Samoa
        Scots to get BP wins over Russia and Japan, that's my take on it
        ireland v sa 1/4 final

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post
            Ireland to get BP win over Samoa
            Scots to get BP wins over Russia and Japan, that's my take on it
            ireland v sa 1/4 final
            With the very short turnaround Scotland have after Russia I think they'll do well to even beat a highly motivated Japan. Us losing to Japan was a big disaster for Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

With the very short turnaround Scotland have after Russia I think they'll do well to even beat a highly motivated Japan. Us losing to Japan was a big disaster for Scotland.
              The reality is that, in these conditions and with the crowd behind them, Japan are a better team than Scotland. They have to be favourites to top the group. It’s a shame for them they will meet one of the two real heavyweights in the QF. They’d give most sides a go in current form.

Comment

Im fairly sure if that monster of a lad wanted to do a bit of murdering he would be fairly successful at it, and it wouldn't end in an "attempt"

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

If we cant beat Samoa we should just go home anyway.
                  Obviously, but like what were you on about scotland & japan drawing for

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Obviously, but like what were you on about scotland & japan drawing for
                    Did you read the post?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Did you read the post?
                      Obviously not well enough :p

Comment

France qualify for quarters....just. Tonga just two points short at the end. Set piece a shambles for les blues. England to head the group comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Only saw the FH but watched the replay. When I heard about the call assumed it was a home town decision but having seen it you would have to watch a lot of games to see a feed as crooked as that. It wasnt even into the second row, and I think he called it as "not a roll". Giving up the BP more about Samoa stupidity.
                          He was allowing crooked feeds, crooked throws etc all day long. He yellow carded a Samoan for a slightly late hit to the chest ( who wasn't hurt) but only gave a penalty (after being forced to) for a collision to the head from a Japanese player after a kick (who then didn't come back after a HIA). Worst decision was allowing a Japanese player on the Samoan side of a ruck pull a guy competing for a turnover off his feet and the ref gave Japan the penalty.

Comment

The switch in the UK commentary between the Argentinian red and the Tuilagi hit in the air was interesting to hear. One very much "letter of the law, safety important to the game", the other "oh there was no real intent, it was just mistimed".

I don't think you can have it both ways. If a high tackle sees a guy red carded because safety makes the intent irrelevant and a technical error in timing or positioning the punishable offence, then I can't see how the referee decides that Tuilagi doesn't get a yellow because "he just mistimed the tackle". Just mis-timing the tackle is pretty much the root of most people being hit in the air, as far as I can see.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

On the crooked feed, I don’t think I’ve seen a straight one yet, and I’m fairly sure the hooker isn’t doing any hooking a lot of the time, it’s going out between the Flanker and lock on a lot of scrums.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                                The switch in the UK commentary between the Argentinian red and the Tuilagi hit in the air was interesting to hear. One very much "letter of the law, safety important to the game", the other "oh there was no real intent, it was just mistimed".

I don't think you can have it both ways. If a high tackle sees a guy red carded because safety makes the intent irrelevant and a technical error in timing or positioning the punishable offence, then I can't see how the referee decides that Tuilagi doesn't get a yellow because "he just mistimed the tackle". Just mis-timing the tackle is pretty much the root of most people being hit in the air, as far as I can see.
                                That was Ugo Monye. I didn't think much of his mental gymnastics.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X