No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 - Other Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus point at the very death—-well played Samoa, and Japan held their heads, to get two tries in 10 min.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Presumably its fair enough to think that Scotland will get 5 against Russia on Wednesday.

Japan - 14
      Ireland - 11
      Scotland - 10

There is one unlikely way we dont qualify, by losing to Samoa with no BP and Japan Scotland Draw.
      We win and we are in a QF. A BP in the Samoa game wont make any difference to our placing, its all down to who wins the other game.
      Japan win and we are Second
      Scotland win and we top the group.
      Well, that keeps things simple.

Comment

Presumably its fair enough to think that Scotland will get 5 against Russia on Wednesday. and if Japan dont get one then

Japan - 13
        Ireland - 11
        Scotland - 10
        Hindsight eh!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          Bonus point at the very death—-well played Samoa, and Japan held their heads, to get two tries in 10 min.
          Their fitness is key to that. They keep going with real intensity.

Weren’t at the level they were against us, particularly at the breakdown, but still a good performance against a dogged Samoa.

Japan were a lot more legal on their own clear outs than the other day. Committed fewer men and had nobody piling in from the side or beyond the ball. I wonder if they were warned by Peyper beforehand. He was a lot stricter than Gardner.

Comment

If we qualify, it doesn't matter THAT much who we play. We need our A game anyway and NZ might be even be easier than SA. To add spice to the permutation, if I had to bet money on it, I'd back Scotland to beat Japan. Scotland at their best can make a game against anyone, and it's do or die for them. The Japanese might just slightly underestimate the Scots. However, if Japan top the pool then that sets up a massive grudge game v SA. You could see SA blasting Japan out of it such is the power of their forwards. I'd fancy Rassie to come up with a game plan to stop Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
              If we qualify, it doesn't matter THAT much who we play. We need our A game anyway and NZ might be even be easier than SA. To add spice to the permutation, if I had to bet money on it, I'd back Scotland to beat Japan. Scotland at their best can make a game against anyone, and it's do or die for them. The Japanese might just slightly underestimate the Scots. However, if Japan top the pool then that sets up a massive grudge game v SA. You could see SA blasting Japan out of it such is the power of their forwards. I'd fancy Rassie to come up with a game plan to stop Japan.
              Would much prefer to face SA, despite Rassie’s knowledge of us- would take less for us to beat them than AB.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

Scotland play on Wednesday at 4:15pm in Shizuoka with a forecst 23/24 degrees and then again on Sunday. Fatigue is going to be a big problem for them. Japan have now got 7 full days rest.

The performance of the competition goes to Japan in how they selected the fixtures.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Well, that keeps things simple.
                  Its simple once we win, but if we lose to Samoa and dont get a BP, then Japan and Scotland draw we go home.

Comment

Scotland play on Wednesday at 4:15pm in Shizuoka with a forecst 23/24 degrees and then again on Sunday. Fatigue is going to be a big problem for them. Japan have now got 7 full days rest.

The performance of the competition goes to Japan in how they selected the fixtures.
                    Hmm. That's a very big advantage. The reality is you can't magic a recovery from an international rugby game, time is needed. Russia will not lie down, they'll want to get something out of the tournament. Have Scotland any sort of bench that they could risk a 2nd team and be even more fresh v Japan? Or get a good start with a mixed team, and get big players off early. That I guess will be what the Scots brain trust have to calculate. The thing is, they have to beat Japan so they have to leave enough in the tank to do that. They need to exhaust minimum in beating Russia

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
                      Fooka wooka. What a time to penalise a crooked feed
                      Peyper doing his best to make sure Japan play SA.....A f*cking disgraceful decision based on his reffing of the scrums all day

Comment

Massive advantage for SA in the knock out stages, whoever they play.
                        Japan Scotland is on the 13th, the last game of the pool stages... SAs last game is against Canada on the 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

Massive advantage for SA in the knock out stages, whoever they play.
                          Japan Scotland is on the 13th, the last game of the pool stages... SAs last game is against Canada on the 8th.
                          The height of either teams ambition is just to make it there, but it does highlight tat again the issues with fixtures that has been one of the best (Uruguay beating Fiji) and worst aspects of this WC (Fiji losing to Uruguay)

Comment

Its simple once we win, but if we lose to Samoa and dont get a BP, then Japan and Scotland draw we go home.
                            If we lose & scotland win we’re out, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post

If we lose & scotland win we’re out, right?

If we cant beat Samoa we should just go home anyway.

Comment

I just realised Scotland need 5 points v Russia or will need a 5 point win over Japan to qualify (assuming we beat Samoa). That's really tough for them. They are going to have to put in a big shift to get that.

Comment

Working...
                                X