Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 - Other Sides

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Immediately afterwards:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wWsbb_UCM

    And then the press conference:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43YdvSWwCw8

    Thoroughly likeable chap!
    Believe.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

      You can't say much perhaps, but the rest of us can :)

      I'd say the Aussies would love Angus Gardner to be not Australian. Couldn't be arsed even trying to look it up but I'd love to know the winning ratio of games where ref and victorious side are from the same general area of the world.

      I'd have loved Poite in charge against Japan
      After all the mistakes Gardner had in favour of France in his first game he wasn't going to then favour anyone against Japan. Hard to believe I would have preferred he ref the first game and Barnes ref yesterday.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Gaillimh View Post
        Immediately afterwards:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wWsbb_UCM

        And then the press conference:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43YdvSWwCw8

        Thoroughly likeable chap!
        What a charmless man Cheika is.

        Comment


          Big piece here highlighting the fixture congestion that is deeply unfair on some nations.

          Condensed schedule presents a host of problems in Japan
          https://the42.ie/4826565

          Comment


            Originally posted by lawrence View Post
            Big piece here highlighting the fixture congestion that is deeply unfair on some nations.

            Condensed schedule presents a host of problems in Japan
            https://the42.ie/4826565
            This was highlighted quite a bit already and it at least it has changed that New Zealand, Scotland, Wales, England are some of the sides with the 4 day turnarounds and not just the weaker sides.
            Its a problem you can only solve with extending period you play group stage or change groups to 4 team groups

            Comment


              Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              This was highlighted quite a bit already and it at least it has changed that New Zealand, Scotland, Wales, England are some of the sides with the 4 day turnarounds and not just the weaker sides.
              Its a problem you can only solve with extending period you play group stage or change groups to 4 team groups
              The squad size is an issue as well. The piece highlights how POM was only cleared to play the morning of the game and Conan had been injured during the week. If POM has not been cleared it would have meant only Beirne on the bench to cover the BR as ruddock would have started.

              If the HIA protocol is six days then there is a serious case for games to be that far apart as a min. What if it happens that a specialist position isn’t available like props or hookers, then you have the prospect of a game starting with uncontested scrums.

              Comment


                Scots all over Samoa but unable to convert anything yet. Hard to see them not getting a BP today. Samoa are poor. Scots should win this by 25-30 points

                Comment


                  Originally posted by lawrence View Post

                  The squad size is an issue as well. The piece highlights how POM was only cleared to play the morning of the game and Conan had been injured during the week. If POM has not been cleared it would have meant only Beirne on the bench to cover the BR as ruddock would have started.

                  If the HIA protocol is six days then there is a serious case for games to be that far apart as a min. What if it happens that a specialist position isn’t available like props or hookers, then you have the prospect of a game starting with uncontested scrums.
                  Expanding squad sizes then is cost issue for some and completely aids the stronger unions so much more than the "tier 2" sides. How much do you expand squad sizes to then?
                  Beirne covering second row and there is others able cover back row no?
                  Ideally games should be that far apart but you limit your coverage of the competition if you do that.
                  Groups with 5 teams have to have some mid week games unless you want to have a cricket world cup length tournament and is that what we really need.


                  Comment


                    Scots struggling to gain anything tangible so far ,very disjointed game
                    Scotland 3 Samoa 0 after 25 mins

                    Comment


                      Teams will need chalk bags at this rate in the Scot v Samoa game. Ball is like a bar of soap
                      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                      Comment


                        Hilarious, Laidlaw on break, is so slow it looks guaranteed to fail and then Samoan player actually pushes him towards the line and he barely makes it over
                        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                        Comment


                          17-0
                          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                          Comment



                            I remember a time about 15 years or so ago when you'd have backed Samoa all day in a XVs match against Fiji. The gap that's opened up between them now is pretty remarkable. Samoa are as bad a team as I've seen in this tournament.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                            "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                            "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                              Hilarious, Laidlaw on break, is so slow it looks guaranteed to fail and then Samoan player actually pushes him towards the line and he barely makes it over
                              Laidlaw was as surprised as anyone when he scored that.
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

                              Comment


                                Watching this our strategy should possibly be:

                                - Knock ball on in their half.
                                - Demolish their scrum
                                for penalty
                                - Kick to corner and maul

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X