Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Price out of Scottish squad.
    Methinks we could be seeing the likes of Herring, Jack Mc, DT, Jordi , Marmion/Cooney, Addison yet
    Maybe (would be very happy to see Cooney)- but rotation is going nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      How lovely to read this article and think back on Cheika whinging about Fiji referring him

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...ea560afca4f7fd

Ger in the phucking sea Michael you ****e talking numpty.
      MOAR NOIZE!:

Cheika volunteered to speak about the issue at the start of his team media conference. “There has been some chat about the players not being told about the framework: the judge put it in there. I want to make a couple of points. The framework is for referees, not the players, and used to decide whether there are red or yellow cards in a game. In my view, the officials in this tournament are using that framework very well.

“Second, our players are coached to tackle around the middle where they can dislodge the ball. We do not need the framework to tell them how to tackle. I am not sure where that is coming from and I do not know why it was put in the judgement.

“Reece was nervous while giving his evidence. There are people starving out there but they flew a QC over. When people are asking you questions and you have done nothing wrong you are nervous and may not have answers to all the questions on the top of your tongue. We thought we would just mention it. People are making a point about us so we thought we would make one back – a bit of tennis.

“I do not know why they did it. I do not particularly want to talk about this today because there is a part of it which is us versus everyone else. We know that and we are not going to let it derail us. We will suck it up and get focused on what is important – the match on Sunday. We are not going to let them get to us. We will concentrate on our footy and do our best for Australia.”

“It will be up to Reece predominantly,” said Cheika. “We will see what he reckons and go from there. We have talked about it with the players. No one believes that what Reece did met the red card threshold because of the framework they have in place.”

The man is one of the most insufferable arses in the sport
      I am the million man.

Comment

John Quill handed a 3 game ban for his hit on Owen Farrell. Motu Matu'u - the other Samoan lad who put in a high hit v Russia has also got a 3 game ban.
        Last edited by neill_m; 27th-September-2019, 12:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

The man is one of the most insufferable arses in the sport
          He is, but I think he knows what he’s doing with this - creating an “us against the world” mindset in the Aussie dressing room ahead of a clash with their toughest pool opponents.

Comment

England’s Piers Francis faces a Rugby World Cup ban after being cited for a dangerous high tackle on the United States full-back Will Hooley, handing England their first major setback at Japan 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
              England’s Piers Francis faces a Rugby World Cup ban after being cited for a dangerous high tackle on the United States full-back Will Hooley, handing England their first major setback at Japan 2019.
              Confirms it should have been a red and England should have been down to 14 for the full 80 minutes. 3 match ban.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

Confirms it should have been a red and England should have been down to 14 for the full 80 minutes. 3 match ban.
                Would have made a dull game a bit brighter- am shocked at how lenient/bad the refereeing is in what is a world showpiece,

Comment

Franz Steyn is carrying a lot of "conditioning".
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Good win for Georgia, and Uruguay unsurprisingly stretched by the turnaround. On that showing Fiji aren't going to have any pushover vs Georgia.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Bigger drop goal after 35 seconds.

Comment

Great start by Wales. 10-0

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                          Bigger drop goal after 35 seconds.
                          Unlike us who kick a penalty away rather than taking the points

Comment

Aus get one back. 10-5

Comment

Quality try.. The second old man Ashley Cooper caught it, you knew it was a try..
                              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Aus 5 - 10 Wales
                                24 mins
                                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X