No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 - Other Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tongan's just loved hitting Billy. They could have kept playing till today and they wouldn't have tired of putting him back on his arse. He took it well to be fair him and joined them for their team prayer afterwards.

Not sure many other sides will neutralize Billy to the same extent, some of the Frogs are a bit tackle shy. If England keep him and Tuilagi fit and playing at 90% of their best then they will be bloody hard to beat. Can't see them beating the All Blacks in a semi-final though (I honestly thought that the Boks would beat the All Blacks and change the way the draw fell).

Comment

Some very impressive scrummaging from the Georgians. If rowntree can get us out scrummaging international packs it could bode well.

Comment

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Comment

Comment

England VS USA.

Elliot Daly; Ruaridh McConnochie, Jonathan Joseph, Piers Francis, Joe Cokanasiga; George Ford (capt), Willi Heinz, Joe Marler, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, George Kruis, Tom Curry, Lewis Ludlam, Billy Vunipola

Fair plat to Eddie Jones, he is giving Billy V as much of a flogging as any Quinn executive ever got, this will be his 6th game on the bounce, with games against Argentina and France after this he won’t be getting any break, and then into the knockouts. 9 games at least on the trot.

All going well he won’t get any rest before the Heineken Cup
                Last edited by lawrence; 24th-September-2019, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  England VS USA.

Elliot Daly; Ruaridh McConnochie, Jonathan Joseph, Piers Francis, Joe Cokanasiga; George Ford (capt), Willi Heinz, Joe Marler, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, George Kruis, Tom Curry, Lewis Ludlam, Billy Vunipola

Fair plat to Eddie Jones, he is giving Billy V as much of a flogging as any Quinn executive ever got, this will be his 6th game on the bounce, with games against Argentina and France after this he won’t be getting any break, and then into the knockouts. 9 games at least on the trot.

All going well he won’t get any rest before the Heineken Cup
                  Curry is playing a whole lot of minutes too
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

High shoulder hit from the Samoan OC on the Russian FB (I think). Polite seemed likely to give a red card, until the TMO got involved.

Now, they're looking at another high tackle. Should be two red cards in the space of 3mins.
                    Last edited by kahalui; 24th-September-2019, 11:00.

Comment

Can't believe Poite hasn't awarded red for either, if not both, of those. Time to head over to the referee rant thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                        Can't believe Poite hasn't awarded red for either, if not both, of those. Time to head over to the referee rant thread.
                        Perhaps the first could be a yellow but the second defo Red.

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post

Perhaps the first could be a yellow but the second defo Red.
                          I thought they were both reds, Daboss, but I agree, the second one was worse.
                          The mitigating factor for the first one (according to the TMO) was the Russian dropping into the tackle, which didn't really happen. If it weren't for the TMO Poite wouldn't have been as lenient.

Comment

We are on course for both Russia and Samoa to be unable to field a team to play us. Between HIA’s, injury’s and citings neither side will be close to having a team if this keeps up.

Comment

You would have to question the fairnsss of the scheduling also. Russia having 3 days rest versus a team playing their first game. Seems very unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                                You would have to question the fairnsss of the scheduling also. Russia having 3 days rest versus a team playing their first game. Seems very unfair.
                                RWC have previous here - they screw the smaller countries with short turnrounds. Yes, Fiji second XV should be able to beat Uruguay, and delighted to see Uruguay win but would have preferred it it were on the back of say a 6-7 day turnaround for Fiji so they could have mixed and matched a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X