Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWC 2019 - Other Sides

South Africa:
    15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen (c), 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Kwagga Smith, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Replacements:
    16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Jesse Kriel

12 changes for SA v NZ on Sat morning as the front line players return. Eben Etzebeth (lock), last weekend’s Bok captain, and Pieter-Steph du Toit (loose forward) are the only two forwards who were retained from the win over the Wallabies, with Makazole Mapimpi (wing) the only backline player in the starting line-up who started last weekend. NZ expected to bring the Crusaders players who didn't travel to Argentina into their team.

Game is on Sky Sports Main Event/Action 8:35am.

Should be a good one.

Comment

Danny Cip given the dump by Eddie Jones
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

No surprise there- Some might think England must be an outstanding side to leave the likes of him at home- but he’s just not what Jones wants. Dare I say like Zebo (prior to the departure to France). Some players are incomplete, but what they have is outstanding. For some coaches the weaknesses never outweigh the strengths. Cipriani was headed to France but thought there was a possibility of the WC, and stayed. Well hacked off now, I’d say.

Comment

Japan 34-21 Fiji in the Pacific Nations Cup Fri pm/Sat am.

Comment

Impressive draw 16-16 Rassie’s boys away to AB- building nicely.

Comment

Some game alright, not sure that mo’unga has done his chances of keeping the 10 jersey much good, he made a lot of mistakes and the AB looked far better with Beauden at first receiver

I don’t rate Willie leRoux either, makes a load of mistakes, SA Nearley literally kicked away their chances of winning that game.

Watching Ioane and Kolbe is some battle.

The injury to Retallick looks worrying, looked like a dislocation or a break, could be an awful cruel blow for him and a big loss for NZ.

Comment

Confirmed as dislocation for retallick on radio,could be out for world cup
                Still there's a light I hold before me
                You're the measure of my dreams
                The measure of my dreams.

Comment

He ll do very well to make it back, looked very painful. Snyman came flying in on him at a ruck and smashed him. Wonder who ll play instead of him patrick tuipulotu is a tank but not the tallest or mobile, Fifita could get the nod and add his dynamic ball carrying to their pack. I forgot about Barrett, he ll get the nod.
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Was that the first game of rugby where the TMO wasn’t used once? I can’t remember a time when he was consulted? But I was kinda distracted watching it.

That hit on Retallick would have warranted another look, as would the late hit and possible shoulder only by Reiko on Kolbe after he had kicked through

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                      Was that the first game of rugby where the TMO wasn’t used once? I can’t remember a time when he was consulted? But I was kinda distracted watching it.

That hit on Retallick would have warranted another look, as would the late hit and possible shoulder only by Reiko on Kolbe after he had kicked through
                      Used the TMO to check the South African try

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Surprised no one seemed to be saying that at the time or on twitter, can you come flying in on a guy whos a sitting duck? Synman is a giant. The Saffers have form here, wasnt it Bakkies Botha did that to Adam Jones for the Lions.
                        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Used the TMO to check the South African try
                          Forgot that one, was there any other?

Comment

Looks like the lawmakers have reduced the tmo's role, apparently to try to make the game run more fluently with less tmo interventions. Stuart Barnes writes well about this in this week's Sunday Times.

This is a mistake imho, that will lead to more unchecked cavalier challenges (e.g. ugly cleanouts, shoulder charges, hits to head & neck areas) and overall lower player welfare, as players cop on that they are not being scrutinised as much as heretofore....

Silly, really stupid silly actually imho, surely there was a way to get tmo to check stuff offline, in parallel with play, and intervene only when they thought appropriate....

This World Rugby policy will probably lead to loads of unchecked off the ball hits, grunt rugby and massive physical attrition at this world cup.....

P.s. This will favour grunt sides e g. England (Bill Beaumont 's home country) & SA in particular

You heard it here first , RWC19 is likely to be full of grunt rugby, dominant defences and off the ball hits, unmoderated by depowered tmos. So like 2007 again, i.e. crap ,and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same 2 sides in the final I.e. Eng v SA in an ugly slug fest, like who gives a monkey's for that kind of sh** rugby.

World rugby are such fuppin muppets!!!!

P.p.s. a player may well be paralyzed or perish in this RWC, and almost certainly when these defacto law changes are adopted throughout rugby this season. Abandoning proper adjudication of hits ,etc could well have those regrettable outcomes. Muppet stuff!!

P.p.s.I'm getting tired of rugby doing this retrograde nonsense!!
                            Last edited by Daithi; 31st-July-2019, 11:20.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                              Confirmed as dislocation for retallick on radio,could be out for world cup
                              AB's putting an positive spin on it, damage supposed not to be too bad, time will tell
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                              X