Clear All

"I did a bit of coaching myself, Dalkey under 8s ..."
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
      "I did a bit of coaching myself, Dalkey under 8s ..."
      Known for their expansive style of play

Comment

How many of the Japanese squad would you have in our 23 if you could pick them tomorrow. They're only hanging around waiting for the rain anyway.

Comment

Sean Cronin gone, injured in training, Rob Herring called up for what could be a long weekend jaunt in Japan
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

That's rough on Sean Cronin
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Irish player stats at RWC19

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/irela...rld-cup-207306

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                The most surprising thing was the number of turnovers and handling errors by Earl's.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                  The most surprising thing was the number of turnovers and handling errors by Earl's.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                  Yeah, tbh I'm not at all sure how accurate that is. Yes, he had one turnover iirc v NZ, & just one other I vaguely remember in another game I saw. I didn't think he had his best tournament tbh, but he was alright & I'd imagine that stat is wrong.

The stats confirmed that CJ had a fine tournament really. Other than that not many players held their end up either statistically or to the eye, unfortunately...
                  Last edited by Daithi; 23rd-October-2019, 14:48.

Comment

Thanks for posting- unfortunate as with most media presentation of statistics, it doesn’t really convey accurately what it might seem to at first glance. So yes, Earls handling errors seem high (8), but if he had had the ball just 10 times and dropped it 8 times (80%) we might have a very different view of his mits than if he had had the ball 100 times (8%). Note also earls had 8 offloads, more than anyone else. The tackle success figures are slightly better, as it’s successes divided by tackles, but again including minutes played would give a better indication of business and success. Metres made is another silly stat- a ball kicked long and run back unopposed for 30 metres is very different to metres made in heavy traffic (eg CJ, Healy etc).

I wish the media would make a little more effort presenting and interpreting this stuff- with a little help many of us will understand a lot more from these sorts of numbers.
                    Last edited by jagawayagain; 23rd-October-2019, 17:26.

Comment

Interesting read, pointless to pick through on a forum though it’s just a recipe for provincial mud slinging
                      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

Interesting read, pointless to pick through on a forum though it’s just a recipe for provincial mud slinging
                        Ah jeez OSS, you'd never descend to that kind of behaviour, would you!? ;)

P.s. I suppose it's an exclusively Leinster fans thing to do anyways ...;)

Comment

Ah jeez OSS, you'd never descend to that kind of behaviour, would you!? ;)

P.s. I suppose it's an exclusively Leinster fans thing to do anyways ...;)
                          Dunno, I was promised a ban for pointing out exactly what that link reports. Earls, amazing on the wing - hands like tits.
                          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

It would appear to be all Stuart Lancaster's fault, according to BOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                              Ffs Bod almighty, let's blame it on anybody but 'Saint Joe'. Look I liked JS as a coach, but the responsibility for Ireland regressing alot since 2018, and underperforming massively @ RWC19 is his really: e.g.

- he insisted on continuing with visibly over the hill players like RK & Best despite constant evidence of the need for change there
                              - Similarly he stuck stubbornly with out of form players like Stockdale &Ringrose , & selecting McGrath, etc when better players were available & playing well
                              - he stupidly stuck with his totally worked out, out moded, gameplan despite evidence of a need to evolve ,after England, then Wales, then England again all showed it up hugely with big losses. This was before of course Japan & NZ did ditto @ RWC19!? Surprising that hey!?!
                              - At RWC19, he did not reward form in his top XV e.g. kilcoyne v healy, Farrell v Ringrose or Henshaw, Conway v Stockdale, Larmour v Kearney, (also Scannell v Best )
                              - Recovery & lack of rotation was an issue at previous Irish world cups. Yet, even after seeing his top side losing & playing flat as a pancake versus Japan, just a week after playing Scotland, & looking good tbh, he still picked his top side v Samoa, v Samoa ffs, just 7 days before facing mighty NZ, who he knew vwere going to be prepped & rested for 14 days before the same game. NZ subsequently absolutely hammered an error strewn, embarrassing, not fully recovered(?) looking Ireland!!

So the responsibility for Ireland's failure at another RWC lies firstly squarely with Joe Schmidt, then his management team & finally his 'selected' players ... in about that order imho.

P.s. So leave Stuart Lancaster out of it!! if Leinster had Mickey Mouse as their head coach it shouldn't have affected team Ireland at RWC19 imho, as they had so much time in camp Joe this year!!!
                              Last edited by Daithi; 24th-October-2019, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                                Haha,and then at the bottom of the page you get a link to the almighty one's views from the day BEFORE the game https://www.offtheball.com/rugby/bri...zealand-916252

"The stars are aligning" he said - must have been cloudy last Friday wherever BOD is, those aligned stars had nothing to do with Lancaster on Friday but a few days later he gets the blame for the failure, you really couldn't make this stuff up.

Comment

Working...
                                X