Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post

    1. Revenge, they felt they were robbed in the 6N match
    2. Glasgow, We'll see how their style of play translates to the international level and finds out our style (unless joe takes a few things on board)
    3. Hogg, again he will feel he's a point to prove after been 'taken out' in the 6N game
    Important Leinster beat Glasgow this weekend. Keep them in their box.

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by Sulla View Post

      1. Revenge, they felt they were robbed in the 6N match
      2. Glasgow, We'll see how their style of play translates to the international level and finds out our style (unless joe takes a few things on board)
      3. Hogg, again he will feel he's a point to prove after been 'taken out' in the 6N game
      If Schmidt shows up in Japan and Ireland haven't changed anything tactically, then tbh, for as much good as he's done, it will be no great loss when he leaves b/c he never would have changed and Ireland would suffer for that stubbornness going forward. He has to be able to adapt. i'm not saying fling it all over the pitch, but lay off the box kicking, have Sexton play deeper to get the carriers some pace before making contact. pin teams back with kicking for territory, have some offloads, if they get bogged down within range, take a shot at a drop goal every now and again, etc. when jackson did that a couple times against SA, it was great to watch. Sexton can hit them, why not go for it a few times ? when carbery didn't take a shot at one after the clock went red last weekend I was borderline furious.

      Comment


        #93
        Scotland generally choke when the pressure comes on. The game against England, they played brilliantly when there was nothing to lose and then cravenly when the game was to be won. Can't see them beating Ireland.

        Comment


          #94
          Well Leinster showed today how to beat Glasgow today and should be extension Scotland....

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
            Well Leinster showed today how to beat Glasgow today and should be extension Scotland....
            Should be fine, as long as we get Nigel as referee
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

            Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

            Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

              Should be fine, as long as we get Nigel as referee
              Nigel had no real impact on the result yesterday….Got two decisions wrong I thought....Fraser Brown should have got a yellow and Rob probably should have got a red but they fairly netted each other out

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                Well Leinster showed today how to beat Glasgow today and should be extension Scotland....
                Whats gone wrong with Jonny........very poor again yesterday. Not looking good for Japan.
                Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by cornerboy View Post

                  Whats gone wrong with Jonny........very poor again yesterday. Not looking good for Japan.
                  I thought Johnny , missed kick aside was good yesterday. One decision to scrum instead of take the points. What else did he get wrong ?
                  When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Benji View Post

                    I thought Johnny , missed kick aside was good yesterday. One decision to scrum instead of take the points. What else did he get wrong ?
                    Agree- and it seemed a bloody awful day, shipped some punishment too so was absent for a while before he went off. That said, I’d wonder how much more there is left of him. World Cup and lions?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by cornerboy View Post

                      Whats gone wrong with Jonny........very poor again yesterday. Not looking good for Japan.
                      Didn't have his best game of the season but he still led his team to the title.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

                        Nigel had no real impact on the result yesterday….Got two decisions wrong I thought....Fraser Brown should have got a yellow and Rob probably should have got a red but they fairly netted each other out
                        I think Furlong should have got a YC for his shoulder charge from the side of a ruck in first half.
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                        Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                        Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                          Agree- and it seemed a bloody awful day, shipped some punishment too so was absent for a while before he went off. That said, I’d wonder how much more there is left of him. World Cup and lions?
                          Absent for a while ? He let the forwards and McGrath keep it tight . No harm in that .
                          Not pretty but I thought Leinster dragged Glasgow into a forward battle they weren’t able for .
                          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

                          Comment


                            I hope all of the hopefuls for the 31 seats on the plane get a great rest during the summer.

                            What the Irish squad achieved in 2018, culminating in a great win over the All Blacks, was a massive effort and achievement. It was going to be next to impossible to keep that effort at the same level, and so it has proved. And it's a hugh compliment to Leinster that they got back on horse and deservedly won the Pro14.

                            I'm optimistic about what a refreshed squad of players will do, and I expect Schmidt and team to take lessons also from this year's championship.

                            Looking forward to a summer free of NH rugby. Whatever about the players, I for one want a break from negativity about Munster and Ireland.
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

                            Comment


                              Looks like the following without anymore injuries -

                              Healy, Kilcoyne, Furlong, Porter + AN Other
                              Best, Scannell, Herring/Cronin
                              Ryan, Toner, Beirne, Henderson
                              POM, CJ, Conan, VDF, Ruddock/Jordi
                              Murray, Cooney, Marmian/McGrath
                              Sexton, Carberry, Byrne/Carthy
                              Henshaw, Ringrose, Aki,
                              Larmour, Earls, Stockdale
                              Kearney

                              I think the final place will come to a choice between Farrell/Conway

                              Comment


                                No Seanie?
                                Gwan Joe!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X