No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the pool and schedule of games really suits us this time. We emptied the well to bate France and ended up taking on the Argies flaccid. This time, through clever selections and timing the bawling for the anthems game is the quarter final (hopefully) and then anything could happen on the day.

Ireland can qualify without overreaching is my thinking
    I am the million man.

Comment

We can fup up against Scotland too and still qualify
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        Japan will be handy enough. The squad has been together for a whole year, posing as the Sunwolves A Team (B team if you get me)and they've been under the national coaching team. So they've been running their systems and patterns for an entire season already.
        They're in it to get out of the pool and I hope that they've targeted Scotland.
        IIRC Japan won three games at the last RWC and failed to get out of their pool.S o they won't be messing about this time. Part of the attraction of beating Scotland is that we feed them to Japan and then Japan rests frontliners for us.

There will be shock in this RWC and if you were betting on who to do it I'd say Japan. I just hope we're not it.
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

There will be shock in this RWC and if you were betting on who to do it I'd say Japan. I just hope we're not it.
          Agreed and I hope it's us sending one of SANZ home early
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Shock will be us..

dumping NZ out in the QF’s
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but wtf with Luke Fitgerald's articles? Almost every headline I read is a negative nelly one from him. Either bashing players or bashing their chances. Jeez man, lighten up ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                Maybe this has already been mentioned, but wtf with Luke Fitgerald's articles? Almost every headline I read is a negative nelly one from him. Either bashing players or bashing their chances. Jeez man, lighten up ffs.
                You mistake is a simple one that’s easily rectified, don’t read Luke Fitzgerald articles.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                  Haven’t commented on them because I haven’t been bothering to read beyond the synopses. He does seem to be off his meds at the moment.

Last one I looked at was positing that dropping Ringrose for Aki (not for Henshaw apparently, it’s all the fault of the furrener with the exceptionally good tan) is even worse than the dropping of Toner, or something.

I suspect the editor is egging him on, but he really needs to wind it in. He’s coming across as a pretty bad human being with this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Haven’t commented on them because I haven’t been bothering to read beyond the synopses. He does seem to be off his meds at the moment.

Last one I looked at was positing that dropping Ringrose for Aki (not for Henshaw apparently, it’s all the fault of the furrener with the exceptionally good tan) is even worse than the dropping of Toner, or something.

I suspect the editor is egging him on, but he really needs to wind it in. He’s coming across as a pretty bad human being with this stuff.
                    Apparently his podcast is just as bad. He seems to be a bit of a dose.

Comment

Give him a break. He has serious, serious problems.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

You mistake is a simple one that’s easily rectified, don’t read Luke Fitzgerald articles.
                        Please note I said "headline". I don't read Beaker's articles

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

I suspect that Luke, perhaps subconsciously, does not heap praise on players for fear of making his own playing record look poor by comparison. Despite injuries, he was given plenty of chances to show his stuff in an Ireland shirt, but by and large was nothing special. The words of one who himself has not "been there, done that" do not carry a lot of weight. I do have a little grin every time I see him have a pop at Stockdale, a player in a totally different class.
                          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...18482?mode=amp
                            damn this doesn't sound good at all
                            Still there's a light I hold before me
                            You're the measure of my dreams
                            The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                              https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...18482?mode=amp
                              damn this doesn't sound good at all
                              disaster if true - best 12 in the squad by a mile. aki and ringrose have no idea what the other is doing really.

probably makes no odds against scotland. as scotland are truly hapless in my opinion but it's a game changer for the quarter final
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                                I disagree. This is the weakest pool by a considerable distance in the competition.

So it should be expected that nothing other then a Pool win is satisfactory.

And anything other then a semi final appearance renders the competition a failure . The stated aim is the last 4. If we don't achieve that it's been a failure . And if it transpires then it should be called out accordingly .
                                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Working...
                                X