No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily said from the cheap seats, but I am heartened to see the whole squad get a fright. It badly needed a bit of a shaking
    I am the million man.

Comment

Comment

Toner not suited to long half flights anyway.

Comment

According to Joe, Earls will most likely start this weekend and cutting Marmion doesn't appear to have anything to do with him limping off the other day.

In other news, Ringrose can apparently cover FB, wing and OH.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

As mentioned I don't understand Kleyn ahead of Toner (I don't think he has shown anything to deserve a place), I also don't understand McGrath ahead of Marmian (unless injury).
            I think Dev’s been fairly poor this year but agree that Kleyn hasn’t made a big impression either. Neither one stood out so it must have been close. Maybe the GPS data they had and detailed analysis of the “unseen work” was a bit more definitive.

Not a huge fan of McGrath either. He’s grand but Marmion has proven himself at this level and Cooney looks a better and more versatile player. Joe obviously sees something I don’t.

Overall I’m happy enough with the squad, although would have loved TOD to sneak in. Still think that, with Beirne, POM, Hendo and CJ all capable of playing 6, plus two no.8s in the squad, we could have used another ball-carrying 7 like him rather than yet another cookie-cutter back-row like Ruddock.

Comment

Very good Munster representation, 12/31, only 2 less then Leinster. Delighted for both Klyen & Farrell who were prob close calls. Didn’t expect to see them in there. Thought we’d carry a third scrum half instead of a fourth center. Really looking forward to this now.
              "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

I think Dev’s been fairly poor this year but agree that Kleyn hasn’t made a big impression either. Neither one stood out so it must have been close. Maybe the GPS data they had and detailed analysis of the “unseen work” was a bit more definitive.

Not a huge fan of McGrath either. He’s grand but Marmion has proven himself at this level and Cooney looks a better and more versatile player. Joe obviously sees something I don’t.

Overall I’m happy enough with the squad, although would have loved TOD to sneak in. Still think that, with Beirne, POM, Hendo and CJ all capable of playing 6, plus two no.8s in the squad, we could have used another ball-carrying 7 like him rather than yet another cookie-cutter back-row like Ruddock.
                Spot on. McGrath can't pass off his left and has been caught making crazy decisions at times. Don't get that one.

Ruddock in to be a "good lad around camp" and captain in the smaller games maybe? Agree that he's a pretty middle of the road back row who adds nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                  I can see Andy playing himself into the 15 jersey if Keith and Stockdale are fit and firing
                  Wishful thinking
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

Wishful thinking
                    It's in me tealeaves
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post

Spot on. McGrath can't pass off his left and has been caught making crazy decisions at times. Don't get that one.

Ruddock in to be a "good lad around camp" and captain in the smaller games maybe? Agree that he's a pretty middle of the road back row who adds nothing special.
                      Very tough on Marmion who does not deserve to be dropped. I think Schmidt should be taking three scrum halves anyway, probably at the expense of one of the four centres.

Ruddock is Joe's Mr Reliable, rarely outstanding but a physical tough nut, with a high work rate, who is generally in the thick of things. I would have him over Murphy, and in top form he could well play himself into the match day 23. Would still liked to have seen another real 7 in the squad.
                      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

https://twitter.com/lukefitz11/statu...298113027?s=19
                        well luke Fitzgerald not happy with toner call anyway
                        Still there's a light I hold before me
                        You're the measure of my dreams
                        The measure of my dreams.

Comment

I think I can safely say this is the only time I want to listen to Franno.

Poor fella will be in tears about Kleyn.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Toner not suited to long half flights anyway.
                            :smile2:

Comment

I have never been a huge Devin Toner fan but have to say that I feel very sorry for him. It’s a very harsh way to end his international career for a guy who has made the very most of his attributes (height only really) and delivered a lot for Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                                With Kleyn and C Farrell included, it’s obvious Joe knows we need big hulking players to try to compete with the boks and orcs.

one added bonus of Jean K getting in is that it will drive Franno mad :)
                                Was listening to the ruck inspector on the last word this evening. Franno is about to go off the edge :)
                                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                                X