SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

<DIV =line>Irish to lodge racist abuse claim </DIV>

BBC Sport

London Irish are to lodge a formal complaint about racial abuse in Friday's Heineken Cup match against Ulster, the BBC understands.

London Irish director of rugby Brian Smith told BBC Radio Berkshire that full-back Delon Armitage was racially abused by an Ulster player.

"One or two things have happened at the end of each of the games that we will be formally taking forward," he said.

Smith said Irish would lodge a formal complaint with authorities on Monday.
    <DIV =bo>

"We'll do whatever we need to on Monday in terms of putting those issues in writing," he said.

"There's no room for some of the nonsense that one of our players had had to put up with for two weeks in a row."

__________________________________________________ _____

I've often wondered why serious assault in not just rugby, but also soccer and other sports, is dealt with by a sending off, or a match ban or two, but "racial abuse" is seen as so much more serious?

I don't know what happened in Belfast this evening, but in general, shouldn't things that happen in the heat of the moment on the field of play be treated just as that?

</DIV>
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Please do not post any names or suggestions of who might be involved in this until LI put their complaint into writing.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

If things happened at the end of the first game then he's sh*t of of luck. No point bring them up now. The issue with tonight is a different matter.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
        Please do not post any names or suggestions of who might be involved in this until LI put their complaint into writing.
        i was surprised that the bbc published the LI comments without a reply from ulster. would seem to be the polite and legally-astute thing to have done.
        <font color=RED>STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!</font>

Comment

So am I however the bbc does not concern me.

Comment

So am I however the bbc does not concern me.
            except of course that the bbc article is quoted in full above

Comment

Well the bbc published it'sso its nowpublic domain.

Comment

i'm not sure that's how libel laws work, y'know

anyway, was only commenting, don't think you've really got much to worry about

Comment

My though is that if LI had an issue they should have lodged a complaint but said nothing to the press.

Comment

My though is that if LI had an issue they should have lodged a complaint but said nothing to the press.
                    You would have thought that if Brian Smith was concerned for his players' welfare then he would have lodged a complaint as well last week.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

There is nothing at all libelous about the BBC article.

The important thing with an incident like this is that no one make presumptions, it's a very serious allegation.
                      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

I wonder who it was, if true [img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                        Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Probably blown out of all poportion as usual. I'd say there was a comment about a Black playing for London "Irish". PC gone mad again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta

The important thing with an incident like this is that no one make
                            presumptions, it's a very serious allegation.

Originally posted by dropkick

Probably blown out of all poportion as usual. I'd say there was a comment about a Black playing for London "Irish". PC gone mad again.
                            Wonderful! Simply wonderful. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The crowd were calling them plastic paddys, wonder does that count[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X