Green, who has a problem with a trapped nerve in his neck, this weekend
    sees the arrival in Dublin of Stan Wright, a 6ft, 18st Cook Islander
    who plays for Northland in New Zealand’s NPC. He will undergo a battery
    of tests before Michael Cheika decides whether to register him as
    Leinster’s Heineken wild card — Wednesday is the deadline. Informed New
    Zealand sources describe Wright as no more than an ‘honest tradesman’
    and point out that if he was Heineken Cup standard, he’d be in the
    Auckland Blues Super 14 squad.

<table valign="TOP" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td name="mpuer" id="mpuer">
    </td></tr><tr align="right"><td align="right">< ="text/">NI_MPU('middle');
    </td></tr></t></table>But
    Wright comes with the recommendation of Auckland scrum coach Mike
    Casey, who is a friend of Leinster’s forwards coach, Mike Brewer. Casey
    was in Dublin last week with the Pacific Islanders and fitted in time
    for a scrum session with the Leinster forwards.
    <!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Good to see local talent coming through, Wickham must be thrilled with this vote of confidence.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
      Good to see local talent coming through, Wickham must be thrilled with this vote of confidence.

The HEC isn't the ideal time formessing around with tyro props Giuseppi. Everyone knows that. [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

The HEC isn't the ideal time for*messing around with tyro props Giuseppi.* Everyone knows that.* [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]
        I agree completely, Checks should have blooded someone far earlier instead of depending on pensioners like Corrigan and Green for so long (both great players in their day, but not anymore).
        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

So why not send us up some of your many surplus up and coming props? In the national interest, of course?
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

By some accounts, Leinster refused to sign Mike Ross and we've already sent Ray Hogan to Connacht, what do want from us, especially now we've Marcus injured? Generally though, we're finally getting some cover for props, Hurley is getting a big chance tomorrow and Ryan, Roche, McGovern and Buckley are in the system.

Comment

By some accounts, Leinster refused to sign Mike Ross and we've already sent Ray Hogan to Connacht, what do want from us, especially now we've Marcus injured? Generally though, we're finally getting some cover for props, Hurley is getting a big chance tomorrow and Ryan, Roche, McGovern and Buckley are in the system.

Roche and/or McGovern might be better off doing a "Hogan". I think their time is nigh with the emergence of Hurley and Ryan.

Comment

Nah, we'll loan them Mushy. He's the best of them.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Roche and/or McGovern might be better off doing a "Hogan". I think their time is nigh with the emergence of Hurley and Ryan.

I agree. If they were any good Puc wouldn't have been signed!

Cheika is a fantastic coach IMO but has a flaw. He's obsessed with signing players from down under even when they are not needed like Micheal Beirne.

Comment

Dunno, Puc was, I'd imagine, signed as cover and to help the young props along as he's very technically proficient (or so I've been led to believe, perhaps Omer or another ex-prop can comment). If Hurley and Ryan are benefitting from the experience and technique he brings then Puc will have been an even better signing than just his showing as a player.
                    Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                    Munster: Early Season
                    Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                    Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                    Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

I really hope Ray Hogan follows his brother back up to Dublin next
                      year. Could be an international but wont inder EOS unless he is playin
                      European Cup rugby. Our scrum is a shambless, serious questions must be
                      asked. Would Hogan be seen as a potential heir to Hayes' throne

Comment

How many Munster born players do you think Leinster need?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                            Keogh, Hogan, Hogan, MOD and Fogerty? Could probably do with another of our upcoming props too.

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy

Keogh, Hogan, Hogan, MOD and Fogerty? Could probably do with another of our upcoming props too.

I just threw that number out there. Did you watch the game last night?
                              Mal was my MOTM, peerless in the lineout and dare I say it great in the
                              tight. Wouldnt bother with MOD at this stage, have him on the bench yeh
                              but not as a starter. The others I would take with maybe that Ryan chap
                              too. Wouldnt really care how many Munster, Connacht or Ulster born
                              players are playing for us as long as they are Irish, the less
                              foreigners player for our provinces the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X