Club songs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club songs

I was watching Against The Head and after UCD won their game it showed them singing a strange litttle song. I'm sure there were actual english words in it somewhere I just couldn't make sense of them. Not unlike the excited babbling of a toddler watching Dora the Explorer. It had a touch of the ging-gang-gooleys about it. Somebody please explain.[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Might it have included something along thefollowing lines?

Yerra-waddy, Yerra-waddy, yup-yup-yup,
    Horum, Horum, hup-hup-hup;
    With a hey nonnie nonnie
    And a hotcha-cha,
    Yerra-waddy, Yerra-waddy, U.C.D.

If so - it's pure classical Greek.
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Students huh!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Might it have included something along thefollowing lines?

Yerra-waddy, Yerra-waddy, yup-yup-yup,
        Horum, Horum, hup-hup-hup;
        With a hey nonnie nonnie
        And a hotcha-cha,</font>
        Yerra-waddy, Yerra-waddy, U.C.D.</font>

If so - it's pure classical Greek.
        Is that seriously it or are you taking the michael? It does look about right.
        Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

You should be quite familiar with it Chief, as I understand thatthe uncouth, deprived hooliganswho play for Ewe See Dee in the Siggersunn Cup also sing it after pitched battles or "games" as they call them.

It's a long time since I've sung it - but that's about 80% accurate.

Maybe youngsterslike Piquet, epaddyor LLCoolJ could correct my errors.
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

You should be quite familiar with it Chief, @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">as I understand thatthe uncouth, deprived hooliganswho play for Ewe See Dee in the Siggersunn Cup also sing it after pitched battles or "games" as they call them.@@@@/SPAN>

Having trouble picturing that. Us GAA folk don't usually come through a school system which includes daft singing and fart lighting as leaving cert subjects.

Comment

Is naked billiards a vocational qualification so?
              Comment

Originally posted by Chief

You should be quite familiar with it Chief, @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">as I understand thatthe uncouth, deprived hooliganswho play for Ewe See Dee in the Siggersunn Cup also sing it after pitched battles or "games" as they call them.@@@@/SPAN>

Having trouble picturing that. Us GAA folk don't usually come through a school system which includes daft singing and fart lighting as leaving cert subjects.

Does your curriculum include English grammar?[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

"Yerra-waddy, Yerra-waddy, yip-yip-yip,
                  Ho-ra, Ho-ra, yip-yip-yip;
                  With a hey nonnie nonnie
                  And a hotcha-cha,
                  Coláiste na hIolsgoile Ra-ra-ra!

C...O...L...L...I...D...G...E..........Collidge!

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd58

"Yerra-waddy, Yerra-waddy, yip-yip-yip,
                    Ho-ra, Ho-ra, yip-yip-yip;
                    With a hey nonnie nonnie
                    And a hotcha-cha,
                    Coláiste na hIolsgoile Ra-ra-ra!

C...O...L...L...I...D...G...E..........Collidge!

Thats the GAA version of the song-from years ago.....not sure of the spelling..but if singing it it go's near enough as follows:

yerawaddie yerawaddie yup yup yup
                    Harum Haurum Hup hup hup
                    Ha ha ha Hee hee hee
                    yerawaddie yerawaddie UCD
                    with a Hey nonnie nonnie and a cha cha cha
                    Colaiste na hOllscoile RA RA RA
                    C-O-L-L-I-D-G-E COLLEGE!!!
                    Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

UCC have a similar enough song made up of gibberish words..called the Tarax...must be a college thing
                      \"I am \" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that \"I do \" is the longest sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

You should be quite familiar with it Chief, @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">as I understand thatthe uncouth, deprived hooliganswho play for Ewe See Dee in the Siggersunn Cup also sing it after pitched battles or "games" as they call them.@@@@/SPAN>

Having trouble picturing that. Us</font> GAA folk don't usually come through a school system which includes daft singing and fart lighting as leaving cert subjects.

Grammar schmammer. I was in UCD for 4 years and I never heard that song at a sporting event. Thank heaven for small mercies.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

You should be quite familiar with it Chief, @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">as I understand thatthe uncouth, deprived hooliganswho play for Ewe See Dee in the Siggersunn Cup also sing it after pitched battles or "games" as they call them.@@@@/SPAN>

Grammar schmammer. I was in UCD for 4 years and I never heard that song at a sporting event. Thank heaven for small mercies.

You must have been in the Drama Club.....

Comment

UCC ones is quite similar actually.

Pres/Christians also have one. I mean, most rugby clubs do. There is an Isle etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by legend99

UCC ones is quite similar actually.

Pres/Christians also have one. I mean, most rugby clubs do. @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">There is an Isle@@@@/SPAN> etc. etc.

Coolmine Rugby Club in D15 have that as their club song as well, as the club website says

"There is an Isle has been heard from Italy to the Cayman Islands
                              to Hong Kong. It is a song which was introduced to the club by some of
                              the founding members in 1980, who hail from the Munster regions where
                              the song originated (the song may have actually originated in Scotland,
                              according to the Limerick Leader)."

Have ye no songs of your own sez he! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                              Comment

Working...
                              X