Connacht 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt see game in full
    Very poor game management from Raynal wrt incident with Finlay and allowed far too much messing occur despite being very whistle happy

Comment

Poor, poor performance by Connacht. Sale scored their tries way too easily. And Connacht seemed to lose the plot. Hope its nothing to do with a 6 Nations hangover

Comment

Not sure Connacht are hugely focused on Challenge Cup games.

They’re going well in the Pro14, looking to get to the play-offs and guarantee their place in the HEC but still have some work to do. In that context Europe is a bit of a distraction. I think Friend will secretly be happy enough.

Comment

Zebre v Connacht was advertised as being on TG4 but is only on Freesports, in case anyone's looking for it. Missed the start, but sadly the commentator sounds awfully like Reggie Corrigan.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I love the ref in this game, he's just so little that every player on the pitch looks like a f*cking giant next to him. It's almost like the special effects in Lord of the Rings that made Ian McKellen look three feet taller than Elijah Wood. In terms of the game, 0-6 after a fairly disjointed first 20 with a lot of reset scrums and penalties against Zebre culminating in an official warning. Reggie sounds as disinterested as Cooder any time he gets the mike.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

HT still 0-6. Fairly tedious display.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

5-6 to Connacht in the end
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

TG4 will struggle to find enough highlights with which to fill the 35 minutes they've allocated to it this evening. I would advise everyone not to bother with it.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Watched the first half ‘live’. Dipped in and out of the second hall until near the end. A great 4 points for them (and is)- but a woeful game. They will need a lot more next week against Cardiff.

Comment

Felt for them though. That ref allowed Zebre to kill the ball all day long. Absolutely destroyed any chance of continuity and half decent rugby.

Comment

Big clear out of players in Connacht. I wonder if they've a few players in the Munster squad lined up. Johnston and Nash come to mind.

Comment

Right, Connacht v Cardiff just kicked off. Season-defining game for the Westies so I hope they get the win here.
                          def67b45159e2bc5dc2ccbc62f8c09ed5c5884f0

NB please don't cross-post any updates from the Leinster-Glasgow game in this thread, for those of us planning to watch it after this one "as live".
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

A fine try for Blade! TMO check for a couple of things ...
                            Try awarded.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Maulage in the corner to go ahead again after Cardiff had equalised. Carty lands an incredible touchline conversion despite a gale. 14-7, 28 min.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Catching up with this after having had to pause the broadcast - I just saw one of the best tries I've seen any side put together. Offloads aplenty starting with Bundee Aki, the move went from Connacht's 22 to Carty finishing the try half a dozen moves later. A joy to witness.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X