No announcement yet.

Connacht 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies, he did penalise it, but failed to produce a yellow card for it - that'll learn me to post just after waking up! But given that it would have been McCusker's second yellow card, clearly the ref bottled it because McCusker should have been off the pitch for the rest of the game.

Could Paterson not have intervened there with "check, check" to get him to look at it again?
    Last edited by mr chips; 27th-October-2018, 12:13.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

With the stricter high tackle laws, big lumbering 8s like McCusker and others similar are going to struggle legally against small players, especially if they slide down any bit while being tackled. Another driver of smaller and more mobile packs?
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

19-0 to Connacht 33 minutes gone. Connacht with bonus try disallowed for accidental offside. Should still get it before halftime

Comment

Giving Dragons a bit of a hiding at the moment but Dragons butchered two try opportunities as well. A lot of good ball-handling from Connacht but some aimless kicking away the ball as well. Should win with bonus point. Dragons pretty inept.
          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Dragons are awful- poor discipline, execution and committment. Must be awful to be a fan

Comment

Ref and TMO doing their best to make it competitive...

Comment

Ireland international lock Ultan Dillane is the latest player to commit his future to Connacht by signing a two year contract extension that will keep him at the Sportsground up to the end of the 2020/21 season.

The 25 year old was first capped for Ireland against England in the Six Nations in 2016, the same year that he won a PRO12 Championship with Connacht.

Dillane joined the Connacht Academy ahead of the 2012–13 season and made his debut for the senior team in December 2014. He has since gone on to make 73 appearances in the Connacht jersey.

Announcing the contract extension, Connacht Head Coach Andy Friend said: “We are delighted to announce that Ultan Dillane has signed a two year contract extension. Ultan has played the game at the highest level and brings a wealth of experience to our side. He will continue to be a central figure as we target further success in the seasons ahead.

Commenting on the signing, Ultan Dillane said; “I am delighted to be extending my contract and committing to Connacht for a further two seasons. I am proud of the fact that I have come through the academy system in the province and gone on to play for Connacht and Ireland at senior level. There is huge confidence and ambition in the Connacht squad and throughout the organisation and I am really excited about what we can achieve over the next few years.

Comment

Connacht v Sale is being streamed on the EPRC site.

Comment

Try for Sale. 17-12 to Westies now
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

20-18 to Connacht now
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Former Ulster LHP Paddy McAllister joining Connacht from Gloucester for next season.

Last edited by neill_m; 15th-January-2019, 16:37.

Comment

Working...
                        X