Connacht 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Yeah, Farrell was very good throughout last season and is continuing where he left off. An outside bet for an Ireland call up this year if he keeps going as he is. He sliced us open for a very nice individual try when Connacht beat us a year ago.
    Tom Farrell had another good game against Leinster on Saturday. At present he is probably the form 13 in Ireland after Ringrose.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Looks like Connacht are bigger threats to leinster these days..
      We need to perform today.. This landsdowne voodoo needs to end..
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Fair play to the Crusties. Fine effort up North.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Connacht going looking for monies from the Govt.

New plans for the Sportsground

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/connach...-sportsground/

Wonder if they get it ahead of Leinster/RDS?
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Been a long time since I've seem a team use a kicking game to dominate as much as Ospreys are dominating Connacht at the moment

Comment

2 smart 5 pointers.. Con doing all the hard graft and getting v little .. Marmion not really performing yet..

Comment

What the actual fu*k was that idiot Patterson looking at at the end of the match, no Connacht player touched the ball when Allen when to ground. The ball clearly came off his elbow.....I really wonder what TMOs are looking at.

Comment

A 22-17 win for Ospreys in the end. Careless by Connacht to lose it after coming back strongly to 17-17. Decision to award the try at the end looked correct. 17-17 would have been a much better result for Munster.
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I’m still wondering what they saw on that replay- unless there are angles we didn’t see - that’s an awful decision. Connacht deserves more out of that- although should/could have made it safe earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                      I’m still wondering what they saw on that replay- unless there are angles we didn’t see - that’s an awful decision. Connacht deserves more out of that- although should/could have made it safe earlier.
                      The ball was knocked out of Allen's hands by a Connacht player, then gathered by Evans who touched down. The gap in Connacht's midfield defence caused the try, not the melee at the end.
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyl View Post
                        What the actual fu*k was that idiot Patterson looking at at the end of the match, no Connacht player touched the ball when Allen when to ground. The ball clearly came off his elbow.....I really wonder what TMOs are looking at.
                        The decision was correct by the offiicials

Comment

Dan Evans told BBC Sport Wales: "We fought hard to get back in a position to sneak a win. It was a lovely line by Cory and it was right place, right time (for me).

"I knew it wasn't a knock-on, but it was a bit of luck and overall I think we deserved the victory."

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                            it was a good call.
                            Thought that Blade improved things when he came on for Marmion. Also O'Halloran had a 'mare

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                              It's just a pity that none of the officials picked up on McCusker (who had already served ten minutes in the bin) blatantly shoving O'Brien in the back while in the air at a lineout a few minutes beforehand. An extremely poor piece of officiating and not the only piece of dangerous play that went unsanctioned - there were two or three high tackles in fairly quick succession which were missed or ignored.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

It's just a pity that none of the officials picked up on McCusker (who had already served ten minutes in the bin) blatantly shoving O'Brien in the back while in the air at a lineout a few minutes beforehand. An extremely poor piece of officiating and not the only piece of dangerous play that went unsanctioned - there were two or three high tackles in fairly quick succession which were missed or ignored.
                                I thought he gave a penalty of that (although it could easily have been a YC - it was blatant, cynical and dangerous)

Comment

Working...
                                X