Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connacht 2018/19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Connacht 2018/19

    Connacht secure signing of Back Row Colby Fainga’a.
    forti et fideli nihil difficile

    #2
    Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post
    Connacht secure signing of Back Row Colby Fainga’a.
    Don't know him. Some press raving about his quality, I'd question his fitness record though, has played about 10 top=level games a year for past few years.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Pony View Post
      Don't know him. Some press raving about his quality, I'd question his fitness record though, has played about 10 top=level games a year for past few years.
      With Butler+Connolly+Boyle all competing for openside, we don't need more than 10 games from him

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by connachta View Post
        With Butler+Connolly+Boyle all competing for openside, we don't need more than 10 games from him
        Also Masterson/McKeon/O'Brien, though not specialist 7s, all seem able to cover that, and the other, backrow slots. Not quite sure why Connacht needs this guy.
        Erse end of nowhere

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
          Also Masterson/McKeon/O'Brien, though not specialist 7s, all seem able to cover that, and the other, backrow slots. Not quite sure why Connacht needs this guy.
          Muldoons departure maybe?
          forti et fideli nihil difficile

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post
            Muldoons departure maybe?
            Heenan above all

            Fainga'a will bring quality. Link-player (even played 9 on his last Rebels game when the SH was binned)

            Connacht just need a LH now..
            If no further signing is made, we would rely on O'Donnell (post Academy talent) and McCabe, was he rated among Munster fans?

            Comment


              #7
              [QUOTE=connachta;1778881]Heenan above all

              Fainga'a will bring quality. Link

              Jordan Duggan gone to Connacht on 6 week trial.

              Comment


                #8
                [QUOTE=rootsman;1778926]
                Originally posted by connachta View Post
                Heenan above all

                Fainga'a will bring quality. Link

                Jordan Duggan gone to Connacht on 6 week trial.
                Very young. You think he can make it as senior 4th choice LH?

                Comment


                  #9
                  [QUOTE=connachta;1779019]
                  Originally posted by rootsman View Post

                  Very young. You think he can make it as senior 4th choice LH?
                  Big ask but a good player!
                  Will need to leave Naas and play AIL Div 1 to see.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Úds aplenty in the opening half hour at the Sportsgrounds. Two apiece and one just ruled out for Glasgow. Connacht seem to have decided tackling is optional but they look like they can always pick holes in attack. Kelleher looking very sharp.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      They shat it in the end. Nine points up with a kick to make it 12 and a Glasgow player in the bin for ten minutes, they managed to lose the sin bin period 10-0 and Glasgow took five points. Looks like the same old Connacht.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Good win for Connacht against the Scarlets. Bundi Aki back with a bang and looking a hell of a lot more effective at 12 than Robbie Henshaw is for Leinster. Connacht 13, Tom Farrell, is something of an underrated player. He's tough, smart and fast.
                        Erse end of nowhere

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                          Good win for Connacht against the Scarlets. Bundi Aki back with a bang and looking a hell of a lot more effective at 12 than Robbie Henshaw is for Leinster. Connacht 13, Tom Farrell, is something of an underrated player. He's tough, smart and fast.
                          Yeah Robbie would be far better at 13 with Bundee at 12 for Ireland.
                          Great game last night. Finlay and Dillane very good. Would have been very interesting if Dillane hadnt had to come on so early. Would have caused havoc if he'd come on in 50th minute

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                            Good win for Connacht against the Scarlets. Bundi Aki back with a bang and looking a hell of a lot more effective at 12 than Robbie Henshaw is for Leinster. Connacht 13, Tom Farrell, is something of an underrated player. He's tough, smart and fast.
                            Yeah, Farrell was very good throughout last season and is continuing where he left off. An outside bet for an Ireland call up this year if he keeps going as he is. He sliced us open for a very nice individual try when Connacht beat us a year ago.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Robertson-McCoy should be looking at a long ban for this.

                              https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1046095923221331968

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X