Clear All

• Mike Gibson
    started a topic Leinster 2018/19

Leinster 2018/19

Champions Cup pool with

Wasps
    Toulouse
    Bath

Couple of decent away trips plus Wasps. At least Coventry is easy enough to get to.

• Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
    Bookies scoring the final as a straight shoot-out. Both sides 10/11 to win
    The bookies rarely get it wrong, but I'd have Leinster as slight favourites. I might be tempted to have a wager!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Gibson
    replied
    Cronin has a calf injury and a doubt for the final. Adam Byrne picked up a quad injury against Glasgow and will miss the rest of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    They did the business.
    I couldn't help thinking of Axel and Strings watching Conan take off on a quick tap and go...
    Conan has come on well this season and always puts in a good stint. He's a strong carrier, has some gas, a good engine and a bit of dog. It's hard to see beyond Stander and Conan for the No.8 slot in the RWC squad.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by offshorerules View Post
    Rob Kearney was excellent again. Great to have him back. Toner was immense. Lots of positives but one negative for me is that missing leavy is huge. That said sob did well. A bit of a renaissance maybe?
    An Indian summer- which will hopefully last well into the autumn.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post

No, whimper, Douggie was still a first choice for NZ when he signed for Munster before the '07 RWC.

EDIT 30th of August according to Wiki.

​​​​​​He was rested for the QF v France which they lost.
    Gladly corrected - was sure he'd been told he was on the way out. Munster and Irish rugby's gain either way.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by offshorerules View Post
    Rob Kearney was excellent again. Great to have him back. Toner was immense. Lots of positives but one negative for me is that missing leavy is huge. That said sob did well. A bit of a renaissance maybe?
    O'Brien still looks to have slimmed down a bit much. Hopefully that's just him looking after his body so he's not broken in a year but he'll be a different player. Luckily he showed today he has a more subtle side than maybe he's been asked to show for Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

True, they discarded Howlett when he lost his top pace. Their loss was Munster's benefit, but I suppose it's a bit easier when you have Muliaina and Sivivatu coming down the tracks rather than Dave Kearney (who I'm a big fan of).
    No, whimper, Douggie was still a first choice for NZ when he signed for Munster before the '07 RWC.

EDIT 30th of August according to Wiki.

​​​​​​He was rested for the QF v France which they lost.
    Last edited by Piquet; Yesterday, 00:21.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied

I could swear I saw big Dev take a flat pass at full speed into contact in midfield AND attempt an offload into the bargain
    Funny thing is that Dev has always had the offload in his locker. The Mal O'Kelly comparisons have always been a bit disparaging in these quarters but he's similar in the way he's a footballer rather than a lump in that position.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

I think most of us thought he should always have been the first starter of the 3
    The issue was always Luke McGrath's fitness I think. Even when he's been playing he's been carrying a couple of niggles and with McCarthy on his bike it left us shallow in depth. Cullen has always gone with Lowe in big games when he's had the choice.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by kahalui View Post

Different style players. Ioane is an excellent winger, arguably the best on the planet. The Kiwis expect out and out pace (among other things) from their wingers.
    True, they discarded Howlett when he lost his top pace. Their loss was Munster's benefit, but I suppose it's a bit easier when you have Muliaina and Sivivatu coming down the tracks rather than Dave Kearney (who I'm a big fan of).

Leave a comment:

• offshorerules
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
    Saracens were favourites directly after Leinster win. I think in next few days Leinster will be favourites again as punters react to Leinster making the final.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Gibson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied

I could swear I saw big Dev take a flat pass at full speed into contact in midfield AND attempt an offload into the bargain
    Yep, the longfellah done good.

..the camera switched to Joe during the game and he looked suitably contrite - it was written all over his chops - 'how did I mess it up?'
    ​​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X