Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
    10 years ago today:
    Jesus that makes me feel old. Remember reading it on the morning and thinking it was a bit smug, self regarding and ill advised. No point gift wrapping Cheika his pre match pep talk. Showed them no respect at all. Their quarter final victory in the Stoop that year had been all about heart and commitment for me with ample do or die defending on the try line and zero sign of a soft underbelly. The disparaging “and as for Isa Nacewa” comment in particular jumps off the page given his track record in the HEC.

Doesn’t read any better or reflect better on the author 10 years on.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

6 weeks is plenty punishment, in a completely meaningless game he did something utterly foolish that removes the possibility of on field glory ever again for
      his club, but that’s his problem to deal with the consequences of, the issue I have is that basically cutting his scentence in half for bullshti reasons just makes a mockery of the disciplinary process, after the ref bottled it on the day the panel bottled it later. Any player with 2 previous citings that were upheld shouldn’t receive any leniency.

According to the report the panel didnt take into account the severity or length of time between incidents, they were happy with his overall record.

Maybe the ref actually screwed him, had he received a red card he would probably not have been cited and could have been able to play some part in the remaining games.
      I can’t agree that “any player with 2 previous citings that were upheld shouldn’t receive any leniency”. The reason being that not all citings are equal. Using this example there were 2 citings with 3 week suspensions, surly one citing with a 20 week suspension should be treated more seriously. Also the time between citings. In this instance the 2 citings from three years ago were close together so he got an extra week from 2 to 3 weeks but three years later they said he’s been good recently.
      “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Naw, he’s a dirty player they should throw the book at him.

Comment

McFadden has had a number of incidents in the past couple of years that don't tally with the majority of his career, which was pretty much clean. I don't think he can have any issues with the punishment he got.

Comment

Of course he can’t have an issue with it, be got almost half of it removed for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
              McFadden has had a number of incidents in the past couple of years that don't tally with the majority of his career, which was pretty much clean. I don't think he can have any issues with the punishment he got.
              If Leinster want to widen their appeal beyond D4, especially on the Northside, they will have to try and clean up their image
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                Threw a head butt into a lad’s face for no apparent reason, other than a bit of verbals. Lucky to get away with 6 weeks.

He’s been doing that kind of stuff for a while now. Needs to have a look at himself because he seems to have a problem controlling his aggression. Maybe he’s frustrated with injuries and losing his place but he’s doing himself no favours. ****e attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

If Leinster want to widen their appeal beyond D4, especially on the Northside, they will have to try and clean up their image
                  If Leinster want to widen their appeal beyond D4, especially on the Northside, they will have to try more headbutts.
                  "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by offshorerules View Post

If Leinster want to widen their appeal beyond D4, especially on the Northside, they will have to try more headbutts.
                    They could hold a headbutting summer camp for kids in drogheda

Comment

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Well not long to go now. 3 more games to win to complete the back to back double.

Pity Porter isn't back but Ben has been good the last few games.

Interesting Saracens moved Itoje to 6 to combat Fardy.

Leinster by 4 hopefully

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                          Well not long to go now. 3 more games to win to complete the back to back double.

Pity Porter isn't back but Ben has been good the last few games.

Interesting Saracens moved Itoje to 6 to combat Fardy.

Leinster by 4 hopefully

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                          I think Itoje has been moved to 6 not specifically to combat Fardy, but to accomodate the massive Skelton at lock beside Kruis. Skelton has lost about 3 st, is stll a monster but now athletic, and has been playing good stuff. This selection suggests that Sarries are out to impose a physical game on Leinster. I hope Leinster counter by playing it fast and loose and don't get drawn into a slugfest (though they are capable of that too.) Looks like a tight game. Look forward to Sexton v. Farrell.
                          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Best of luck leinster

Comment

Hi Guys, would anybody have a link to watch the game at 4am down here in NZ, as i can't find a Listing on Cricfree aaarrrccchh,,, and Sky New Zealand don't have any rights to the game either, or better still an Ace stream Content Id would be brilliant if a all possibile.
                              Many thanks
                              SkinnyRyan
                              Caoimhin De Burgh

Comment

Unfortunately KT's codes can no longer be posted on the public forum - I've sent you a message explaining more.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X