Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Sarries resting who they want this weekend, makes it a more even playing field next weekend

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e_iOSApp_Other
    I wonder if Niall Kelly is one of those who claim that ALL Leinster fans are arrogant?
    "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by offshorerules View Post

I wonder if Niall Kelly is one of those who claim that ALL Leinster fans are arrogant?
      Dunno who Niall Kelly is, but I wouldn’t argue with it.

Comment

Dunno who Niall Kelly is, but I wouldn’t argue with it.
        He'll be hurt by that. And on the tenth anniversary of his infamous article.

Comment

McFadden banned until August 25th
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
            McFadden banned until August 25th
            Disappointed for him but he can have no complaints.
            “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

He's a dirty player. The ban makes the ref and tmo look incompetent.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                He's a dirty player. The ban makes the ref and tmo look incompetent.
                To be honest it’s not the first time a ref and TMO have missed an obvious Red this season. Very frustrating and usually happens in the first half. Hopefully the refs are getting feedback that it’s not good enough.
                “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

It would be interesting to hear what the exceptional circumstances are that reduced the 10 week ban down to 6 weeks, especially considering his poor disciplinary record, which you would think would actually count against a player.

edit, found it. What a load of horseshti.

However, the Committee took into account the Player’s previous disciplinary record and his good conduct acceptance of culpability, his remorse and his engagement with the instant disciplinary process (including at the hearing). It subsequently applied mitigation which reduced the ban to six weeks.

His ban was almost halved because he engaged with the process, and accepted he was culpable, and if he has a good disciplinary record then I would hate to see a bad one, not it only did the ref make a balls of this but the disciplinary committee did as well.

Last edited by lawrence; 2nd-May-2019, 20:53.

Comment

It would be interesting to hear what the exceptional circumstances are that reduced the 10 week ban down to 6 weeks, especially considering his poor disciplinary record, which you would think would actually count against a player.

edit, found it. What a load of horseshti.

However, the Committee took into account the Player’s previous disciplinary record and his good conduct acceptance of culpability, his remorse and his engagement with the instant disciplinary process (including at the hearing). It subsequently applied mitigation which reduced the ban to six weeks.

His ban was almost halved because he engaged with the process, and accepted he was culpable, and if he has a good disciplinary record then I would hate to see a bad one, not it only did the ref make a balls of this but the disciplinary committee did as well.
                    What previous bans are you referring to and how long ago were they?

Comment

I must admit I don’t ever remember him being banned previously
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

https://www.the42.ie/mcfadden-three-...25715-Apr2016/

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-34341469.html

Comment

Over 3 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

Over 3 years ago

I was wondering what flaky justification you were going to come back with, I was thinking you would have questioned the incidents themselves...

Anyway, Its called a disciplinary Record, as in they "took into account the Player’s previous disciplinary record"

Not his recent disciplinary record.

Comment

I was wondering what flaky justification you were going to come back with, I was thinking you would have questioned the incidents themselves...

Anyway, Its called a disciplinary Record, as in they "took into account the Player’s previous disciplinary record"

Not his recent disciplinary record.
                              I don’t think it’s unreasonable or “flaky” for the panel to take into account the severity of the previous incidents or how long ago they happened. The guy is gonna miss the end of the season including a European cup final, domestic semi and any chance to play himself into contention for the RWC.

At 33 it’s probably his last chance to play in any of those occasions again. Why are you so offended that he’s not further punished?
                              Last edited by Joe Konys barmy army; 3rd-May-2019, 05:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

I don’t think it’s unreasonable or “flaky” for the panel to take into account the severity of the previous incidents or how long ago they happened. The guy is gonna miss the end of the season including a European cup final, domestic semi and any chance to play himself into contention for the RWC.

At 33 it’s probably his last chance to play in any of those occasions again. Why are you so offended that he’s not further punished?

6 weeks is plenty punishment, in a completely meaningless game he did something utterly foolish that removes the possibility of on field glory ever again for
                                his club, but that’s his problem to deal with the consequences of, the issue I have is that basically cutting his scentence in half for bullshti reasons just makes a mockery of the disciplinary process, after the ref bottled it on the day the panel bottled it later. Any player with 2 previous citings that were upheld shouldn’t receive any leniency.

According to the report the panel didnt take into account the severity or length of time between incidents, they were happy with his overall record.

Maybe the ref actually screwed him, had he received a red card he would probably not have been cited and could have been able to play some part in the remaining games.

Comment

Working...
                                X