Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ustix View Post

How could you omit Simon?
    Absolutely. Shocker. Should have been the first name on the team sheet.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Not a chance. They didn't fill the RDS last year
      Surely the Leinster ultras will be out in force to welcome back the Heineken cup champions for a victory parade as they make their way to another final of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Not a chance. They didn't fill the RDS last year
        ???? They added in some extra seating at the RDS for the semi-final last season. There were 19,000 at the game.

Comment

There are some on here that would consider visiting Babbling Brook a heresy. However I think its worth having a look to see how much interest this article has generated there. Kind of instructive really. http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewto...5228&start=900
          "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

I had a read of a few posts, people are quick to point to one dumb Munster fan while they completely ignore the Leinster lad that was thrown out for sectarian abuse in their QF.

The media have reported on it a lot less than also

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

???? They added in some extra seating at the RDS for the semi-final last season. There were 19,000 at the game.
              Whatever, I was there and there were plenty of seats in the open terraces at either end
              Anyway, my main point is that it won't be moved to the godawful aviva.
              Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Lancaster probably wasn’t all that expensive. Remember he was kind of in the wilderness and he doesn’t seem like the type to be demanding megabucks. I’d say he’s on a decent wedge but no more than JVG.

Contepomi wouldn’t be pricey either because he’s not that experienced. Similar to Fla or Felix most likely. His personal connection with Leinster was probably a big draw for him.

McBryde will not be cheap, but that’s probably the one guy they’re really splashing out on.

What Leinster also have is a recent track record of success and a proven infrastructure to deliver more. Very attractive to coaches, just as it is to players, cos they can see real potential to win trophies.

We don’t have that but we do still have a big brand and some world class players so we shouldn’t struggle to attract top coaches.

I’d love to see us move JVG to a DoR role and bring in ROG as head coach with chief responsibility for our attack. I think he’d be the ideal guy to introduce the sort of skills-based attacking ethos he’s seen in NZ. He knows Munster well enough and has the respect to be able to implement it too.
                Lancaster may of been cheap in 2016 but when he resigned last month I’d say the price went up. I’d say it’s only a matter of time before ROG ends up with the reigns at Munster although if goes aswell as hoped he may only be stopping off on his way to the Ireland Job.
                “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  I had a read of a few posts, people are quick to point to one dumb Munster fan while they completely ignore the Leinster lad that was thrown out for sectarian abuse in their QF.

The media have reported on it a lot less than also
                  That wasn’t ignored, was reported in national papers discussed on all rugby podcasts and radio shows (both rugby and general sports) out there. Also discussed on this thread, babbling brook and the rugby section of Boards. Finally the Munster fan was discussed in a lighthearted way mostly.

The Leinster fan shouting sectarian abuse happened at the QF where as the Munster Fan dressing like a knob happened more recently so it’s being discussed more now.

“One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

That wasn’t ignored, was reported in national papers discussed on all rugby podcasts and radio shows (both rugby and general sports) out there. Also discussed on this thread, babbling brook and the rugby section of Boards. Finally the Munster fan was discussed in a lighthearted way mostly.

The Leinster fan shouting sectarian abuse happened at the QF where as the Munster Fan dressing like a knob happened more recently so it’s being discussed more now.
                    What a Leinster fan did doesn’t make me feel any better about what a Munster fan did. We have our own standards, and that guy fell well short.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

What a Leinster fan did doesn’t make me feel any better about what a Munster fan did. We have our own standards, and that guy fell well short.
                      The guy I was quoting seemed to be upset that the Leinster fans behavior wasn’t being referenced by people discussing what the Munster fan did. Id agree the incidents were separate and can be discussed in isolation.

Comment

The guy I was quoting seemed to be upset that the Leinster fans behavior wasn’t being referenced by people discussing what the Munster fan did. Id agree the incidents were separate and can be discussed in isolation.
                        I know- and I also believe you are correct, in that it has been discussed, as has been the Zebo incident at Ulster. The only point I’m trying to make is that whatever other sides fans do does not legitimise similar or worse behaviour by ours.

Comment

Naw the coverage of the bigot dub was nowhere near the level of coverage fintian-no-socks got

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Naw the coverage of the bigot dub was nowhere near the level of coverage fintian-no-socks got
                            Go away out of that, your just trying to get offended if that’s what you really think. I’d like to think young Fintan will be getting inundated with socks this Xmas.

Comment

10 years ago today:
                              Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Sarries resting who they want this weekend, makes it a more even playing field next weekend

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e_iOSApp_Other

Comment

Working...
                                X