Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

Welsh twitter is rarely right about anything but on this issue it is. Why should Leinster supporters not have to travel and everyone else does for a home semi final? Saracens have to travel two hours up the road, on an Easter weekend when the trains aren’t working etc why shouldn’t Leinster? It makes the tournament look like a fiddle.
    Poor Lads , sure they would all fit in two bus’s
    I’d have no sympathy for Salaries . I hope ye bate them .
    Good luck

Yes Leinster have an advantage but where do you move them to Croker ?
    National side not at its best at the moment but great to see two Irish sides in the semi final full of Irish lads and a chosen few .

Feck sarries
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post

Poor Lads , sure they would all fit in two bus’s
      I’d have no sympathy for Salaries . I hope ye bate them .
      Good luck

Yes Leinster have an advantage but where do you move them to Croker ?
      National side not at its best at the moment but great to see two Irish sides in the semi final full of Irish lads and a chosen few .

Feck sarries
      Why cant Leinster play in Limerick or Belfast? Munster, Ulster and Connacht are expected to play in Dublin?

Comment

I stand corrected, let’s see how full it is tomorrow because that could serve to prove my point anyway. Leinster playing semi finals in LR makes Irish rugby look parochial. There is no reason why Leinster can’t travel to Belfast or Limerick just like Saracens have to travel to Coventry. I suspect the fear is that no one would travel which is really rather sad.
        Except 25000 people wouldnt be at the game. Nobody benefits from that. What about if Cardiff ever make a semi do they not play in Mill Stad. Edinburgh in Murrayfield, etc etc

Comment

I stand corrected, let’s see how full it is tomorrow because that could serve to prove my point anyway. Leinster playing semi finals in LR makes Irish rugby look parochial. There is no reason why Leinster can’t travel to Belfast or Limerick just like Saracens have to travel to Coventry. I suspect the fear is that no one would travel which is really rather sad.
          MOD EDIT
          The capacity of both Belfast and Limerick is half of LR.
          Last edited by mr chips; 22nd-April-2019, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post

Stop acting the absolute gowl! The capacity of both Belfast and Limerick is half of LR. Go back to banging your usual drum of Conor Murray is....
            That isn’t the point, although you wouldn’t have the intelligence to realise that.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              Except 25000 people wouldnt be at the game. Nobody benefits from that. What about if Cardiff ever make a semi do they not play in Mill Stad. Edinburgh in Murrayfield, etc etc
              The difference is that there aren’t alternatives, in Wales or Scotland, owned by the union that could accommodate a Heineken semi final. In Ireland there are two stadiums that would be big enough but the terror is that not enough Leinster supporters would be bothered enough to travel to watch Leinster play.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

It doesn't really matter whether 250 or 25,000 Leinster supporters would travel to Belfast or Limerick. EPCR would still forfeit huge amounts of money by playing the semi-final in either venue, no matter how many Leinster fans showed up. It's not particularly fair but it's the only realistic commercial decision they can make. It's likely the same for Welsh and probably Scottish teams that home semi-finals would be played in Cardiff and Edinburgh respectively.

How does the semi final gate and telly money get shared out?

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

The difference is that there aren’t alternatives, in Wales or Scotland, owned by the union that could accommodate a Heineken semi final. In Ireland there are two stadiums that would be big enough but the terror is that not enough Leinster supporters would be bothered enough to travel to watch Leinster play.
                  Thomond/Ravenhill arent anything near realistic alternatives and Leinsters support is more than enough at away european games/big games.

Comment

Thomond/Ravenhill arent anything near realistic alternatives and Leinsters support is more than enough at away european games/big games.
                    The issue wouldn’t be the Leinster attendance at away games, it would be the Leinster attendance at a “home” semi final if it wasn’t played in LR. The media are very quick in hurtling to judgement over the slightest drop off in Munster attendance, I wonder what they would make of Leinster playing in front of a half empty TP or Ravenhill, in a HC semifinal, because the Leinster faithful were unwilling to travel.

Comment

Our esteemed countrymen in blue aside, I rather like non-home semis. I have to say that I’m delighted to be heading to the Ricoh in 12 hours time, rather than to that dreadful Sarries ground.

Comment

The issue wouldn’t be the Leinster attendance at away games, it would be the Leinster attendance at a “home” semi final if it wasn’t played in LR. The media are very quick in hurtling to judgement over the slightest drop off in Munster attendance, I wonder what they would make of Leinster playing in front of a half empty TP or Ravenhill, in a HC semifinal, because the Leinster faithful were unwilling to travel.
                        Huge assumption to make that they wouldnt travel and slightly ridiculous when you look at their away semis, quarters.

Comment

Huge assumption to make that they wouldnt travel and slightly ridiculous when you look at their away semis, quarters.
                          It would be good to find out.

Comment

It would be good to find out.
                            How would you cover or explain the substantial loss of revenue? I'd be happy to travel to Limerick or Belfast or Cork for a Leinster SF (even though I'm 35 mins from my couch to my seat in LR tomorrow) but there is no other stadium suitable commercialy. Different story if Thomond was a 40,000 plus all seater or if the IRFU owned Páirc Uí Caoimh.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

How does the semi final gate and telly money get shared out?
                              EPCR take all the money from the semi-finals and finals. It's part of the funding that is then redistributed to the unions/clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cianostays View Post
                                How would you cover or explain the substantial loss of revenue? I'd be happy to travel to Limerick or Belfast or Cork for a Leinster SF (even though I'm 35 mins from my couch to my seat in LR tomorrow) but there is no other stadium suitable commercialy. Different story if Thomond was a 40,000 plus all seater or if the IRFU owned Páirc Uí Caoimh.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
                                Because the rules of the competition stated that semi finals can’t be played in home grounds. Sorry if that means there is slightly less money going into the pot if Leinster qualify for a home semi final but rules are rules. It makes the competition look grubby and it makes Irish rugby look like it is treated differently to everyone else; a persistent criticism out of the Welsh which is generally complete nonsense but in this instance has plenty of substance. Anyway, they have got rid of the rules now to keep the French happy so I trust that next time Munster qualify for a home semi final they will be allowed to play it in TP, just like Racing and Leinster play their “home” semi finals in home grounds.... sorry got to go as I have to contact the aviation authorities about a pig I have just seen flying past the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X