Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

    Healy and Furlong improved the team when they came on, to be fair. Furlong and Kearney going off is probably what derailed what was looking an improved performance. Suspect Larmour will get the nod against Toulouse despite Rob's two tries.
    That will be an interesting call, given how dangerous Toulouse are out wide. If Leo trusts Larmour to be the last line of defence it will be quite a good test of the young lad. He struggled a bit at FB when you lost to them, but wasn’t as bad as some made out IMHO.

    Think Leinster’s biggest concern this weekend is the form of Sexton. Hasn’t played much of late and hasn’t been himself. Will he bounce back? (Will he actually start?)

    SOB looks smaller and leaner than he has in ages, which may explain why he’s not making the big carries of old. May just be a matter of building back up over the coming months ahead of the RWC. Leinster need him back to his best sooner than that though.

    Comment


      Johnny Grey put in 43! tackles in the Leinster match...more than 1 for every 2 minutes of play.
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

      Comment


        All in all, the Warriors made 311 tackles (29 were missed) in the whole game... Nearly 4 per minute!. As I watched the stats live on the Pro14 site, I thought I was seeing things...
        "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

        Comment


          Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

          That will be an interesting call, given how dangerous Toulouse are out wide. If Leo trusts Larmour to be the last line of defence it will be quite a good test of the young lad. He struggled a bit at FB when you lost to them, but wasn’t as bad as some made out IMHO.

          Think Leinster’s biggest concern this weekend is the form of Sexton. Hasn’t played much of late and hasn’t been himself. Will he bounce back? (Will he actually start?)

          SOB looks smaller and leaner than he has in ages, which may explain why he’s not making the big carries of old. May just be a matter of building back up over the coming months ahead of the RWC. Leinster need him back to his best sooner than that though.
          I think it will be RK at fullback with Jordan/Lowe on the wings...

          I think the interesting question will be whether Fardy plays at 6 or not

          Comment


            Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

            I think it will be RK at fullback with Jordan/Lowe on the wings...

            I think the interesting question will be whether Fardy plays at 6 or not
            If Fardy and Lowe play that rules out JGP, right?

            Comment


              JGP and Fardy have tended to play in the big games with Lowe missing out. You'd wonder why did he sign for Leinster?
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                JGP and Fardy have tended to play in the big games with Lowe missing out. You'd wonder why did he sign for Leinster?
                Superior hair stylists?

                Did JGP get injured in Glasgow match? solves that problem

                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                  JGP and Fardy have tended to play in the big games with Lowe missing out. You'd wonder why did he sign for Leinster?
                  Supposedly he was sorted before Fardy. Fardy became available after and Leinster management deemed him too good to turn down.

                  JGP qualifies for Ireland this August so ti won't be a problem next season and Lowe qualifies for Ireland in 18 months or something.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                    That will be an interesting call, given how dangerous Toulouse are out wide. If Leo trusts Larmour to be the last line of defence it will be quite a good test of the young lad. He struggled a bit at FB when you lost to them, but wasn’t as bad as some made out IMHO.

                    Think Leinster’s biggest concern this weekend is the form of Sexton. Hasn’t played much of late and hasn’t been himself. Will he bounce back? (Will he actually start?)

                    SOB looks smaller and leaner than he has in ages, which may explain why he’s not making the big carries of old. May just be a matter of building back up over the coming months ahead of the RWC. Leinster need him back to his best sooner than that though.
                    It's an interesting decision for Leo alright. i think Leinster will look to win with offence rather than grind them down, so I have a slight inkling it'll be Larmour with, possibly, Lowe and Larmour on the wings. The two non-Kolpak rule is the annoying one because, with McGrath still fresh from injury, JGP probably has to be in the 23 so one of Lowe or Fardy will miss out. I'd lean towards Fardy missing out.

                    Comment


                      With SOB not playing to well, Toner only back from injury I don’t see how Leinster could consider not starting Fardy.

                      Dave is back to his international best and Rob is scoring try’s for fun again so they can easy compete without Lowe.

                      Comment


                        Lowe is some player though. Gives them a massive extra threat that nobody else brings. Fardy is important too but they can maybe cope better without him than the other two. Very difficult decision who to leave out.

                        Comment


                          Would rather Fardy, he provides experience and grunt, as well as no ****e taken attitude, something Leinster seem to have lost recently. Lowe is an electric player, certainly gets tries when none seem possible, if all things were equal it would be JGP who'd miss out, all depends on McGrath injury.
                          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                            With SOB not playing to well, Toner only back from injury I don’t see how Leinster could consider not starting Fardy.

                            Dave is back to his international best and Rob is scoring try’s for fun again so they can easy compete without Lowe.
                            I believe said bros were spotted in the vicinity of an old church in Paris last night acting in a potentially flammable manner.
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                            Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

                              .......... so I have a slight inkling it'll be Larmour with, possibly, Lowe and Larmour on the wings. .
                              , there are two Kearney's available in the back three, but only one Larmour.

                              Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                              Comment


                                And for me, the choice is already made: Larmour, toujours!!!

                                PS: I must really have nothing to do so I do such horrible jokes...
                                "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X