No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockdale getting way too hard a time, Ringroses error was just as costly for Leinster. Leinster not playing as good as last year but you would expect that with so many players out injured. Still the best team on the day and in reality if we needed to score a try at the end we would have.

Hopefully get Sexton and Henshaw back for the semi and maybe Toner.

Comment

I genuinely thought Ulster were better on the day. Would have won it bar Stockdale’s error
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        Cooney is the best SH in Ireland.
        Stockdale will have nightmares.
        The only Irish players in the HCup final will be zeebs and dryan.
        Is that all Oracle?!
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
          I genuinely thought Ulster were better on the day. Would have won it bar Stockdale’s error
          You don’t think Leinster would of put it over the line in that last passage of play if they needed to?

I was sitting beside 4 ulster lads, at no point did I think we were gonna loose and at no point did they think they were gonna win. Ill watch it back on TV later and maybe I’ll think differently. From my seat the ball looked to go a good bit forward for the Mashell try and their other try was a monumental fook by ringrose.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Is that all Oracle?!
            If it is it’s knackered

Comment

A lot of the Leinster players yesterday look quite slight compared to the Ulster players. However that might have been my eyes! Good players but small. Henshaw and Toner missed for that.
              Was very impressed yesterday by probably the smallest man on the pitch - Ulster FB Lowry. He has lovely footwork, great acceleration and a rugby brain. For his size, not a bad defender either. Great to see both him and Larmour constantly looking for attacking opportunities from the FB position. That is the nature of the modern game, and the reason that FBs such as L.Williams, Hogg, Daly, Folau, Smith, le Roux are all to the fore. (Conway had a great game at FB for Munster too)
              Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Hope Jacob isn't beating himself up about it. Sh1t happens.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47765731

Jacob Stockdale has apologised to Ulster supporters for his missed try in Saturday's Champions Cup quarter-final defeat by Leinster.

The Ireland wing, 22, dropped the ball in the act of scoring what would have been a vital try at the Aviva Stadium.

Ulster, who led by two points at the time, were eventually beaten 21-18.

"I've had some incredible highs with Ulster rugby, but unfortunately yesterday was a low for me," Stockdale wrote on his Instagram account.

"Sport can be cruel and sometimes you have to learn your lessons the hard way.

"To the Ulster fans I just want to say I am sorry, I let you down, the support we had yesterday was truly amazing and you deserve to be looking forward to a European semi-final."

Stockdale is the joint-top try scorer in the Champions Cup this season after scoring six tries for his province in the pool stages and he apologised to his team-mates in the changing rooms after the full-time whistle in Dublin.

Ulster head coach Dan McFarland defended his star winger, saying: "I'm proud of Jacob. Jacob played a great game and did a lot of good things. He's disappointed but that's not the reason we lost the game."

In the 44th minute, Stockdale broke up the left wing and ghosted past the challenges of Adam Byrne, Jordan Larmour and Sean Cronin before beating Dave Kearney's covering tackle over the line - but the winger lost control of the ball as he attempted a one-handed touchdown.

"There are not many people in the world, who can beat that many players to even get in a position where they put the ball down," McFarland added.

The Ulster coach continued: "What is it? Probably three millimetres off his fingers [when he loses control of the ball]. It's a small thing but there are so many other small things that could have sent the game in other directions."
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

PS McFarland's handling of the issue was spot on - in stark contrast to how a certain comic-book club owner might have responded in similar circumstances.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Definitely think we got away with that one and if Stockdale had got his try we wouldn't have recovered. Sometimes you need to ride your luck in games like that. Horrible to see Leavy get what looks a terrible injury.

Comment

Thats terrible news for Leavy, he’s a great player

Comment

Does anyone know what the ‘Sectarian incident’ was that Leinster Branch dealt with? I hope that sort of **** isn’t creeping into Irish rugby circles.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                          Does anyone know what the ‘Sectarian incident’ was that Leinster Branch dealt with? I hope that sort of **** isn’t creeping into Irish rugby circles.
                          ??
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Leinster are certainly not firing on all cylinders like last year.

i’m not saying we’d beat them but I wouldn’t fear them if we’re lucky enough to get to either HEC or Pro14 finals
                            Think that game yesterday was actually played at test intensity - cliche often rolled out but yesterday it was true, Good game for the neutral but Poite & the officials were poor in my opinion. The ruck intensity was bananas but both teams coming in from all sorts of stupid angles with no respect to their own health & bodily safety

Would not be looking forward to facing either team on this form. Ulster also playing at a level of intensity and controlled aggression that I suspect we might struggle to live with. Cooney in particular looked the business. Suspect they'll take a lot from this for the Pro14 run in, well coached team, young talent coming through and starting to believe they can do something,

Crap game from a RWC perspective, Best and Leavy injured, the Leavy injury looked a bad one. He has had a poor run of luck with injury.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

??
                              https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-37968541.html

I have to confess I hadn't heard about it until RichardP brought it up. Good to see the club condemning it and hopefully the gowl isn't let back into games.

Comment

Cheers. Ah well, just a tiny gobshite who will hopefully be excluded from the game.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X