No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulster desperately unlucky but I also think some Leinster players maybe suffering from a 6 nations hangover.

Comment

Listened to it on the radio on the way back from Edinburgh, if they both show the same determination in the remaining PRO14, Ulster should have a quarter final against Glasgow. I wonder whether the same boys in blue will turn up next week?

Comment

What did stockdale do? I only caught the last 5 mins on the radio

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
          dropped the ball whilst attempting to dot down one handed in goal. All he had to do was dive and he went for the running place (which he flucked up)

Cooney missed a conversion from about 10 yards right of the right post too
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
            He made a brilliant trade mark break ,left 2 or 3 leinster players for dead and then dropped the ball just as he was about to ground it.

Comment

Stockdale was probably 2-3 meters over the line . He should have scored before Dave hit him when he eventually decided to put it down .
              Very tough physical game where Ulster got lucky with the first try from blockdown but really put up w big fight .
              Probably deserved the win

Sickened for Leavy. Didn’t see what happened but some of the driving into rucks was madness.
              Ulster fans were in great voice and in large numbers
              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Cooney is the best SH in Ireland.
                  Stockdale will have nightmares.
                  The only Irish players in the HCup final will be zeebs and dryan.

Comment

Leinster are certainly not firing on all cylinders like last year.

i’m not saying we’d beat them but I wouldn’t fear them if we’re lucky enough to get to either HEC or Pro14 finals
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Just watched the game, which was a phenomenal contest. Ulster did better than I expected them to, particularly a couple of lads such as Treadwell. Losing Best so early was really unlucky, and I hope Rory makes it back really soon. Stockdale was clearly sickened after the full time whistle, which is entirely understandable - his non-try was the difference between winning & losing. I'd say he'll need a few days to get his head right after that. Ross Byrne had balls of steel to go for that penalty when he was struggling so much with his standing leg. Ryan was unusually (for him) quiet, although he did nothing wrong - just thought Fardy was the more visible at the breakdown (insert "unseen work" comment here).

But jesus, Dan Leavy - you have to feel for him. Any news on his prognosis? From watching the "live" coverage, it seemed as though someone landed on his knee so that it bent in completely the wrong direction. Highly unlikely he'll make the RWC now but more importantly, I hope he recovers firstly to the point that his life outside rugby isn't affected and secondly that he'll be able to return to the game. Best of luck to him.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

James Ryan topped the tackle count for the match (21/21) and the carry count (23), most of which gained ground. Wouldn't say he was quiet at all!

Comment

[QUOTE=Waterfordlad;n2564065]Leinster are certainly not firing on all cylinders like last year.

i’m not saying we’d beat them but I wouldn’t fear them if we’re lucky enough to get to either HEC or Pro14

state the obvious. Leinster are decimated by injuries and a lot of our squad depth has been eroded by players leaving.
                          we have very little chance of winning it this year. Ulster yesterday +14 were the bet of the year.

Comment

Something very impressive about McFarland.
                            Ulster is going places. Did they ever try and lure Steenson home?
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by neliog93 View Post
                              James Ryan topped the tackle count for the match (21/21) and the carry count (23), most of which gained ground. Wouldn't say he was quiet at all!
                              Fair enough, I guess some of it was unseen - by me at least!
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post
                                state the obvious. Leinster are decimated by injuries and a lot of our squad depth has been eroded by players leaving.
                                we have very little chance of winning it this year. Ulster yesterday +14 were the bet of the year.
                                A lot of the Leinster players yesterday look quite slight compared to the Ulster players. However that might have been my eyes! Good players but small. Henshaw and Toner missed for that.
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X