No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually hate interpro knockout games. They're a great occaision and spectacle but they're terrifying when your team is a favourite. Sexton, Henshaw, Lowe are big losses to the potency of the backline and Toner would have been a shoe in in the pack. There's also not much on that bench to change the course of the game if need be, Leavy and JGP the only ones I would turn to, so Leinster need to play with real control - the last thing we need is for Stockdale to pick an early intercept or some ****e.

I'll make a call for Big Jimbo Ryan for man of the match right now

Comment

Leinster (v Ulster):

15. Jordan Larmour 14. Adam Byrne 13. Garry Ringrose 12. Rory O’Loughlin 11. Dave Kearney 10. Ross Byrne 9. Luke McGrath 1. Cian Healy 2. Sean Cronin 3. Tadhg Furlong 4. Scott Fardy 5. James Ryan 6. Rhys Ruddock (captain) 7. Sean O’Brien 8. Jack Conan Replacements 16. James Tracy 17. Ed Byrne 18. Andrew Porter 19. Mick Kearney 20. Dan Leavy 21. Jamison Gibson-Park 22. Noel Reid 23. Rob Kearney

Big call by Leo dropping Rob and Sexton, cant believe Rob can get in the irish team but cant get a game for his club.
      \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
        Leinster (v Ulster):

15. Jordan Larmour 14. Adam Byrne 13. Garry Ringrose 12. Rory O’Loughlin 11. Dave Kearney 10. Ross Byrne 9. Luke McGrath 1. Cian Healy 2. Sean Cronin 3. Tadhg Furlong 4. Scott Fardy 5. James Ryan 6. Rhys Ruddock (captain) 7. Sean O’Brien 8. Jack Conan Replacements 16. James Tracy 17. Ed Byrne 18. Andrew Porter 19. Mick Kearney 20. Dan Leavy 21. Jamison Gibson-Park 22. Noel Reid 23. Rob Kearney

Big call by Leo dropping Rob and Sexton, cant believe Rob can get in the irish team but cant get a game for his club.
        They are not dropped, Leo regarding Sexton: "He has a thingy, which is tight, in his leggy, somewhere around there, not sure what its called!"

Comment

Way to pick em Joe!
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            A key point though is that you've both Leinster props in your combined 23, while Leavy is the best backrow of either side - so long as he isn't too rusty. As a combination, Fardy and Ryan is stronger than Treadwell and Henderson. Even though Ulster aren't as weak as a lot of people seem to think, Leinster should be able to out-muscle them - an Ulster win would be a reversal of epic proportions.
            True, in most cases the Leinster lads are quite a bit better whereas the Ulster lads are only marginally so.

That said, front row battle will be interesting. Marty Moore is playing very well of late and will be looking to make a statement. Also looking forward to the back threes running at each other - lenty of pace and footwork on both sides (Daverage excepted, obviously).

Comment

Fair play to Leo for the Larmour call. A bit of an indictment of Joe's selection approach to full back.

Disappointing for Irish rugby to see how far back McGrath is now gone. Can't have a guy with that pedigree wasting away in his peak years.
              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Big call by Leo, another big game for Larmour to stake his claim for both the Leinster 15 shirt and the Irish one.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                  Fair play to Leo for the Larmour call. A bit of an indictment of Joe's selection approach to full back.

Disappointing for Irish rugby to see how far back McGrath is now gone. Can't have a guy with that pedigree wasting away in his peak years.
                  He's a bit unlucky in that he's not getting a run of games to play himself back into form because when he should be starting matches for Leinster he's in the Ireland squad and not getting any starts. Frustrating position for him to be in but sounds like he'll be starting for Ulster next season.

Comment

The Leinster team that’s taking the field today versus the one that started the same fixture last year is missing a lot of talent, Toner, Sexton, Nacewa, Lowe.

The big calls that were made on the sideline could come back to haunt Leo, home advantage and experience should get them through, but I think the bookies handicap is to be beaten (-14) and Ulster have a great chance if they play very well, a draw even is a good possibility.

Comment

Jeez Lawrence,

Thanks for the heads up on the odds.
                      ​​​​​​i can see Ulster possibly beating the handicap, it is knock out rugby after all and they are quite a good side but that's it imho.

Leinster by ~14 is a fairly good call by the bookies imho.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                        The Leinster team that’s taking the field today versus the one that started the same fixture last year is missing a lot of talent, Toner, Sexton, Nacewa, Lowe.

The big calls that were made on the sideline could come back to haunt Leo, home advantage and experience should get them through, but I think the bookies handicap is to be beaten (-14) and Ulster have a great chance if they play very well, a draw even is a good possibility.
                        It's the same team (bar SOB for VDF) that beat Toulouse with a bonus point a couple of months ago

Comment

Addison is a big loss for Ulster, he's the key to their counter attack and creative back play. Leinster by 10.

Comment

Really poor from Ringrose.

Comment

the least I can write is that it's intense...
                              "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Did not expect such a game: Ulster are very aggressive, very active, they grabbed the Blue Shirts by the throat and I have to admit I rarely saw the Leiinstermen as disturbed as they were in the first half. Great intense game anyway.
                                "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Working...
                                X