Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
    Utter bull**** from Nigel Owens tonight. One of the most obvious red cards of the season not given.

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1101571416720314368
    Marginal decision to me. I can see why Nigel decided it was a yellow. Don’t agree with you.
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by dermotmccarthy View Post
      If this was TP and 10 seats were unoccupied we would have hordes of our blue friends coming on here to say how fickle the Munster fans are.
      I've been around here long enough to know that this has literally never, ever happened. There are like five Leinster posters here and we don't comment on attendances because we largely don't care. But good attempt at trying to derail a Leinster thread.

Didn't see tonight's game as I was at Shamrock Rovers but sounds like we got the job done. Looking forward to watching back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Marginal decision to me. I can see why Nigel decided it was a yellow. Don’t agree with you.
        Deliberate shoulder to the face, no? First time I saw it I thought it might be accidental but you can see he decides to lean in.

Comment

Nothing remotely marginal about it. As clear a red as I've seen in a while.
          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

He jumps to hit McFadden in the head with his shoulder. No attempt to make a legal tackle. It is a red all day long.

Comment

Cheetahs handled the yellow well, and got a lucky try- jack on from a ruck on halfway, and very pacy wing out runs everyone. In flashes last night Cheetahs moved the ball from hand to hand well, but they kicked away huge amounts of possession, and very badly. They may be difficult to handle on dry pitches- but awful in the wet.
              Last edited by jagawayagain; 2nd-March-2019, 08:41.

Comment

Should have been a red card in my opinion too
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

No great surprise to hear that Ox Nche has been cited for his shoulder to the head of McFadden.

Comment

New deals for Cullen and Lancaster

Comment

It would be interesting to know which of the two was signed first
                      Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Cullen was first and he signed off on Lancaster.

Comment

Leavy should be back soon? Toner?
                          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                            Leavy should be back soon? Toner?
                            Leavy and Luke McGrath are expected to be back for the Edinburgh match on Friday. Toner, it would seem, won't be back until after the Ulster match. Ditto Henshaw and vd Flier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Leavy and Luke McGrath are expected to be back for the Edinburgh match on Friday. Toner, it would seem, won't be back until after the Ulster match. Ditto Henshaw and vd Flier.
                              Serious worry that the shocking Irish performances in the 6N will carry forward into Europe

The seeming lack of power from.the forwards suggests Racing away will not go well(hopefully Toulouse if it is Leinster).

...not to mention Jonny's erratic behaviour/form.
                              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Leinster's "we've already secured a home semi-final" selection to play Edinburgh tomorrow. KO 7.35pm

Ciaran Frawley; Fergus McFadden, Noel Reid, Joe Tomane, Barry Daly; Ross Byrne, Luke McGrath; Ed Byrne, Sean Cronin, Michael Bent; Josh Murphy, Mick Kearney; Rhys Ruddock (c), Dan Leavy, Max Deegan

Bryan Byrne, Jack McGrath, Andrew Porter, Jack Dunne, Oisin Dowling, Nick McCarthy, Jimmy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                                X