Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

A French team would rather go to another French team rather that the current (Irish) favourites. Racing will. probably start favourites but it might be close.
    Ulster would rather go to another Irish team than Racing again too. The formbook is less of a thing in games like this I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
      Re. Lenister's recent performances - Ringrose has always been a classy 13 with footwork, footballing skills and gas. But now he is looking physically powerful too, both in attack, where he is hard to pull down, and in defence, where he rarely misses a tackle and usually knocks his man backwards. At the moment he looks the complete midfielder and is only getting better.
      And he didn't get picked for the Lions tour 18 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
        Was Ruddock playing? He’s good captaining Leinster during the 6N at home to the dragons but at this level he goes missing big time. Agree on Ringrose, very classy player. Max Deegan showed well off the bench, I wonder will he leave Leinster to get an 8 jersey somewhere.
        There's no reason Deegan can't overtake Conan at Leinster - I think he has more talent.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

There's no reason Deegan can't overtake Conan at Leinster - I think he has more talent.
          He also has to watch out that Doris doesn't overtake him

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
            Nick Mullins on bt said Lowe can’t play today cause park and fardy are in the 23 and only 2 allowed ??

does that rule apply to Munster ? We have often played more than two.

Is is this why cloete was left out of squad does this only apply in Europe ?
            Overseas ruling only applies to Aussies and Kiwis (Canadians too I think)

Saffers and South Sea Islanders are excluded

THe exclusion of the Saffers is a bit of an anomally, Gibson-Park was complaining that it is wasn't quite balanced just last week.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

Maybe not as powerful?
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Maybe not as powerful?
                Conan just doesnt seem to have that X factor (to my wallabluffer eye).

Christmas was supposed to be the day he put down a marker against CJ and he was resoundingly invisible.

He just seems a small bit of a flat track bully, he hasn't shown up with big plays against the top sides or Test sides, bar minnows. He's 26 now and has 80 odd caps for Leinster, you'd think if he had a big of scumbag in him it would have bubbled to the surface by now like
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Christmas was supposed to be the day he put down a marker against CJ and he was resoundingly invisible.

He just seems a small bit of a flat track bully, he hasn't shown up with big plays against the top sides or Test sides, bar minnows. He's 26 now and has 80 odd caps for Leinster, you'd think if he had a big of scumbag in him it would have bubbled to the surface by now like
                  I'm a bit of a fan but the idea that he might threaten CJs place is now gone.

He is very powerful and very quick and I think he will keep his place even with (possibly) SOB and Deegan and Doris breathing down his neck. Might make the Irish bench for a game or two
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

It certainly is a wonderful issue for Leinster having Deegan and Doris both not making the team, I think ppl forget how big a player Deegan was in that RWC, I’d love to see more of him, sure he looks like he needs another year of training but he does have a big frame and is the most talented of any of them in terms of handling. Haven’t seen any of Doris but the hype is big so he must be v good.

With Leavy Sob Vdf Conan Ruddock Fardy Deegan Doris Penny Murphy Connors plus whatever new starlet there is from the senior schools cup coming through you’d wonder how long they can keep them all happy. Even with Sob injured and Fardy as a lock Deegan and Doris can’t even make the squad for the big games.
                    Last edited by Talking Sense; 21st-January-2019, 10:48.
                    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

really? i thought he was leinster's best player!

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post

really? i thought he was leinster's best player!
                        Sorry boss, I was really only watching the lads in red
                        I am the million man.

Comment

IMHO Ruddock and Conan are similar in that they’re both good players who perform well at club level and can do a job for Ireland but aren’t up there at the level of POM, CJ and SOB.

Doris and Deegan may get there. If either of them are to leave for gamtime I’d like to see Doris go home to Connacht.

Comment

A Kearney special from the goalkeeper on the Scarlets 9.

Comment

Excellent finish from O’Loughlin.

Comment

Rob side stepped and made a show of out on the wing by a back row, resulting in a Scarlets try.

Merciful hour!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X