Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
    Nick Mullins on bt said Lowe can’t play today cause park and fardy are in the 23 and only 2 allowed ??

does that rule apply to Munster ? We have often played more than two.

Is is this why cloete was left out of squad does this only apply in Europe ?
    No it doesn't apply to South Africans.

Comment

Porter bought that dummy. 14-27. If Wasps can score next, things'll get interesting.

Comment

Jesus wept.

Simple hands puts Iceman Reid under the sticks.

English club rugby is a mess
        I am the million man.

Comment

Toulouse somehow couldn’t get the bonus point at home against Bath and avoid another kicking in Dublin. What a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
            Toulouse somehow couldn’t get the bonus point at home against Bath and avoid another kicking in Dublin. What a shock.
            Nearly lost it trying to avoid the BP. It has worked out well for Leinster. Ulster should be no problem and big chance of a home SF v ST.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
              It is Toulouse's interest to win but not score 4 tries to avoid Leinster and play Racing
              Best result for Toulouse away to Racing rather than away to Leinster. Leinster now get home semi if Toulouse beat Racing and Leinster beat Ulster.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                Yes. Smart old Toulouse have just handed the kicking over to Ulster.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Weirdly I actually think Ulster will also be happier going to Dublin. They know the stadium, they’ll have no problem getting up for a game against the neighbours and they’ll have a large crowd with them. They’ll be underdogs but probably have a better chance of scoring than they would have in the Parisian nightclub.

Glad the quarters won’t be a repeat of the pool games (Sarries v Glasgow excepted).

Comment

Lads what makes everyone think Toulouse will beat Racing. Racing in the Paris version of 3Arena is a tough ask.

Also I get the financial reasons butbare Leinster taking a tad of a gamble going to Aviva.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
                      Lads what makes everyone think Toulouse will beat Racing. Racing in the Paris version of 3Arena is a tough ask.

Also I get the financial reasons butbare Leinster taking a tad of a gamble going to Aviva.
                      A French team would rather go to another French team rather that the current (Irish) favourites. Racing will. probably start favourites but it might be close.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post

No gamble going to the Aviva. 65% of the moolah from a 51,700 capacity crowd for Leinster versus 50% from a sell-out (18,500) of the RDS makes it an absolute no-brainer. Ulster have far more experience of playing at the RDS than they do at the Aviva where I think they've only played once since it opened (sf in 2012 v Edinburgh).

IRFU money-men will be delighted with the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

No gamble going to the Aviva. 65% of the moolah from a 51,700 capacity crowd for Leinster versus 50% from a sell-out (18,500) of the RDS makes it an absolute no-brainer. Ulster have far more experience of playing at the RDS than they do at the Aviva where I think they've only played once since it opened (sf in 2012 v Edinburgh).

IRFU money-men will be delighted with the draw.
                          Any idea when Leavy will be back?

Comment

Re. Lenister's recent performances - Ringrose has always been a classy 13 with footwork, footballing skills and gas. But now he is looking physically powerful too, both in attack, where he is hard to pull down, and in defence, where he rarely misses a tackle and usually knocks his man backwards. At the moment he looks the complete midfielder and is only getting better.
                            Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Was Ruddock playing? He’s good captaining Leinster during the 6N at home to the dragons but at this level he goes missing big time. Agree on Ringrose, very classy player. Max Deegan showed well off the bench, I wonder will he leave Leinster to get an 8 jersey somewhere.
                              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                                Was Ruddock playing? He’s good captaining Leinster during the 6N at home to the dragons but at this level he goes missing big time. Agree on Ringrose, very classy player. Max Deegan showed well off the bench, I wonder will he leave Leinster to get an 8 jersey somewhere.
                                Would disagree with you there. In the past few games Ruddock has got through a mountain of work, nothing too showy or flashy, but he is generally in the thick of things, is a tough nut and a hard-nosed competitor. Quite a good leader too. He could well make the RWC squad. For me he pips Jordi Murphy. Backrowers POM, Stander, Leavy, JvdF are probably nailed on, likely SOB too if he is fit, but Conan, Ruddock and Murphy will all compete for selection. Beirne can also play 6 and 8; and Henderson 6. It's a healthy state of affairs.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                                X