Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Serious lack of judgement by LB in allowing Stan Wright to be a full participant in their 2009 Celebrations after putting one of their own employees into hospital the previous night.
    I would hope that Jack Dunne was not pressured by LB and the fact that he is only an academy player to 'accept' the resolution. Further i'd hope that IRPU are knocking on doors in LB making sure their player has been treated properly.
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

    Comment


      Originally posted by Sulla View Post
      Serious lack of judgement by LB in allowing Stan Wright to be a full participant in their 2009 Celebrations after putting one of their own employees into hospital the previous night.
      I would hope that Jack Dunne was not pressured by LB and the fact that he is only an academy player to 'accept' the resolution. Further i'd hope that IRPU are knocking on doors in LB making sure their player has been treated properly.
      Papers say the punching incident has been resolved to the satisfaction of all parties so I take it that includes Jack Dunne...…….I'm sure he gets to keep his academy contract as a reward.
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

      Comment


        One thing I dont miss about playing rugby is the big nights where everyone is on the smash, always gets messy, esp with big men downing drinks. Shocking from Wright to do that, even worse from Leinster to allow him attend. All is not well it seems in the RDS. Looking forward to Cummiskeys article about the trouble inside Leinster when you actually peel back the covers and take a peek underneath.
        Last edited by Talking Sense; 6th-June-2019, 11:49.
        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
          One thing I dont miss about playing rugby is the big nights where everyone is on the smash, always gets messy, esp with big men downing drinks. Shocking from Wright to do that, even worse from Leinster to allow him attend. All is not well it seems in the RDS. Looking forward to Cummiskeys article about the trouble inside Leinster when you actually peel back the covers and take a peek underneath.
          Funnily enough its one of the things I miss, and why I enjoy European games- not the messiness- which I think occasional, rather than typical, but sanctions were always important way of ensuring things that got out of hand were controlled. It beggars belief that a few days after a witnessed violent incident, said gentleman is welcomed back into the fold.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
            All the comments about “nothing wrong with a dig in the jaw” are ignoring the fact that the lad delivering it is a huge fella who could do serious damage with just one punch. There was a reason the kid ended up in hospital.

            Reminds me of the time a few years ago when a certain ex-Leinster SH gave a then Leinster academy SH a single “dig in the jaw” on a night out and did serious harm. Fair bit of surgery required to put things right. That was all brushed under the carpet of course. Only a single mention of it was made in the press before the IRFU squashed the story.

            This isn’t harmless “boys will be boys” stuff. It’s dangerous when you consider the size and strength of these lads.


            A wise man once said If your gonna poke an animal poke a small one.

            Comment


              Just removed a few posts. Folks, keep it to PM until you're able to show where it has been put into the public domain by a reputable source, i.e. a paper of record or similar and not just some randomer's twitter account. Any more identifying of the individual on here without that will result in the thread being locked and bans handed out.
              Tis but a scratch.

              Comment


                Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                Just removed a few posts. Folks, keep it to PM until you're able to show where it has been put into the public domain by a reputable source, i.e. a paper of record or similar and not just some randomer's twitter account. Any more identifying of the individual on here without that will result in the thread being locked and bans handed out.
                The name is in the IT, Chips

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                  Serious lack of judgement by LB in allowing Stan Wright to be a full participant in their 2009 Celebrations after putting one of their own employees into hospital the previous night.
                  I would hope that Jack Dunne was not pressured by LB and the fact that he is only an academy player to 'accept' the resolution. Further i'd hope that IRPU are knocking on doors in LB making sure their player has been treated properly.
                  But how could he not feel pressured? In that situation, its kind of like asking a lad suffering from concussion if he can play on. By allowing https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...dent-1.3915870 to attend the formal event Leinster sent out a clear message to the victim.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

                    But how could he not feel pressured? In that situation, its kind of like asking a lad suffering from concussion if he can play on. By allowing https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...dent-1.3915870 to attend the formal event Leinster sent out a clear message to the victim.
                    That's why i hope IRPU are knocking on doors in the LB, but i doubt it. There's a big employer / employee side to this, just imagine if you were a junior employee who was assaulted by a former retired employee at a work do and that employee was celebrated at an event the next day? the WRC lawyers would have a field day
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                    Comment


                      A lot of people are very quick to say how the academy lad is the victim, without having any clue what happened, or what was said or done in the build up, contrary to popular belief there are plenty of reasons to hit a fella.

                      The biggest surprise is that this made the papers, these were never reported before and there have been a plenty of drink fueled incidents involving internationals and provincial players over the years that never made the paper, i know of unsavory drink related incidents involving 3 retired Munster players, and one who is still playing, and similar with another Leinster player still
                      on the international panel. All scratched off to a night out.

                      Comment


                        Victim-hood aside, the youngfella appears to have got the worse end of the deal
                        Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                        Comment


                          Any news on Sean O Brien's surgery? 6 months off ...any fear he mightn't play again

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                            A lot of people are very quick to say how the academy lad is the victim, without having any clue what happened, or what was said or done in the build up, contrary to popular belief there are plenty of reasons to hit a fella.

                            The biggest surprise is that this made the papers, these were never reported before and there have been a plenty of drink fueled incidents involving internationals and provincial players over the years that never made the paper, i know of unsavory drink related incidents involving 3 retired Munster players, and one who is still playing, and similar with another Leinster player still
                            on the international panel. All scratched off to a night out.
                            “Plenty of reasons to hit a fella” is not generally accepted as a legal defence for assault.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                              “Plenty of reasons to hit a fella” is not generally accepted as a legal defence for assault.
                              It sure isn’t, people tend to be more specific when offering defense of such incidents.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Username View Post
                                Any news on Sean O Brien's surgery? 6 months off ...any fear he mightn't play again
                                Didn’t he give an interview recently that he said it was 50/50 if the surgery would work.

                                The IRFU appear to have made the right call not offering him any extension, a season in England might prove them wrong, but I doubt it, he will be well marshaled by the opposition.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X