No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawrence, no matter who commits the fault, could be CJ or POM, or any of our guys. That's not a question of local rivalry with the Blue Shirts or who else. What I mean is that there are rules. What a ref in a lowest league cannot see because is is alone or nearly, in HC, in PRO14, in the AP, in Top14, they have cameras, and every DANGEROUS infrigement must be punished. And when I write "punished", Chrizzie, this does not mean a simple penalty.
    Jamie Heaslip never recovered from the attack from behind by Papé Rémy Grosso was hit by Tungafa'asi high tackle in the kin and by Cane's shoulder in the face at the same time and was heavy injured in the forehead. I understand that Keith risks much more when tackled by a monster from the South than CJ, or that Jordan Larmour risks a lot when he bends and taclkles low Itoje or Nakatawa. Accident always happen, but there are a LOT OF deliberate attacks that remain unpished.
    Same in the rucks. They are really time bombs where 100+ kilos players fly like leaves in an autumn wind, head over arse, or where players competing for the ball with the hands and the arms in the ruck like mechanics in a motor get attacks with the head or the shoulder in the back, in the ribs, in the head... FFS, if refs must cut the games like carpaccios whistleling 300 times in 80 minutes, no matter; Players will moan, supporters in the stands will moan, TVs will moan because the show will become awful and they will lose money in what becomes a Gladiators game, and the game itself will be under threat. But at the end, we will come back to the rules, risks will be lowered (never to 0 naturally because the essence of the game itself is the fight), but all the deliberated attacks and other slags of deliberate violence will be erased.
    That's only my humble opinion.
    PS: As my son was born, I dreamt to see him one day on a pitch. He is 21. Got his Aïkido black belt at 16. He is hard as steel But you cannot imagine how I am happy he chose another way than the one I imagined 21 years ago...
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Jaysus! even Jonny's at it....

Murray Kinsella‏Verified account @Murray_Kinsella
      FollowFollow @Murray_Kinsella
      Sexton: "We will have to look at the sin binning. He [Garces] said we were offside but we haven't seen it. We probably felt there was a knock-on a couple of phases before. "There were a couple of calls like that."

There were more than a couple of calls like that I think!

Comment

I'm with you, JN. Player safety is paramount and there is too much that goes ignored, whether by Garces yesterday, or Barnes in the ignoring the gouging and dangerous tackling in our game against Castres, or Nigel giving McFadden a free pass for a shoulder to the head in the ruck against Glasgow (or was it Treviso? or both?).

On a separate point, I know you intended to write "unpunished" at the end of your second paragraph, but I really like what you have added to the language instead. From now on, if I ever suspect that the pub has been watering down their beer - and especially if we make it to the Pro14 final, meaning I shall be drinking somewhere in Glasgow - I will frame my complaint in the most eloquent format possible, thanks to you: "I've been drinking here for hours and yet I remain unpished."
        Last edited by mr chips; 12th-May-2019, 12:25.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

Nope, I complained about Frank myself, in fact I only joined this thing to see if you folks thought it was ****ing bizarre that he could ref one of your games. Must be the only “professional” league in the world where this could happen.
          I suppose there's precedent with Alain Rolland reffing the same fixture

Comment

Originally posted by <BM> View Post

I suppose there's precedent with Alain Rolland reffing the same fixture
            Yes like 10 years ago and yes I also don't think that is acceptable. Here’s the thing though just because something happened once that dosent mean it has to stay that way forever. There’s this thing called “change” that is generally involved in improving things. I say we give it a go in this instance.

On a side note how did Gary miss all those lads outside him .....
            “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Yes like 10 years ago and yes I also don't think that is acceptable. Here’s the thing though just because something happened once that dosent mean it has to stay that way forever. There’s this thing called “change” that is generally involved in improving things. I say we give it a go in this instance.

White line fever?
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

A serious case of White Line Fever

Comment

On a side note, Munster were beaten by the best
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                    On a side note, Munster were beaten by the best
                    Yes, but with a bigger difference as Leinster. Only next week we can draw conclusions.

Comment

Overheard in a bar in Newcastle. Perhaps the most insulting thing that could be said to a Leinster fan(s)?

"It's great to see Northsiders supporting the team"

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Wummisky, for all his fan-boy leanings, doesn't hold back on a few of the Leinster ratings in the irish Times:

Rob Kearney: 7

Garry Ringrose
                        Ringrose spurned a five against two advantage on 46 minutes when Jordan Lamour and others were screaming for the pass to finish a certain Leinster try with the game locked at 10-10. Seconds later Liam Williams landed an absolutely vital man and ball tackle to deny another five points. Rating: 4

Robbie Henshaw

Owen Farrell wrapped the arms to put a thumping end of days tackle on him with 76 minutes clocked. Brad Barritt’s 28 tackles left no doubt about the superior inside centre in this game. Rating: 5

James Lowe

Bashed backwards on several occasions as he sought combat with the mightiest Saracens in a contest that will be remembered for the world class contributions of his opposite winger, Liam Williams. Rating: 4

Johnny Sexton

The playmaker should never be making 14 tackles, one more than Henshaw and O’Brien. Played to the bitter end despite a painful arm. The reward for such bravery was meeting the full force of George Kruis. Recovered to gather the Leinster circle offering encouragement for the road ahead. Rating: 6

Luke McGrath

Defensive contributions - saving two tries - sits alongside 10 tackles he made against New Zealand last November but the decision not to end the first the first half with Leinster leading 10-3 proved costly, very costly. Forced to play 80 minutes. Rating: 5

Cian Healy: 8 'game of his life'

Sean Cronin: 6 '
                        Hard to fault this effort and proved, once again in a blue jersey, that he must be Rory Best’s understudy at the World Cup'

Tadgh Furlong: 7

Devin Toner: 5

James Ryan 8

Scott Fardy 6

Sean O'Brien 5
                        Twelve carries for one metre gained

Jack Conan 7

Bench: rating 3

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

SOB 12 carries for 1meter.

say no more.

Comment

Sob shouldn’t go to the World Cup, if he does it ll be the final nail in Joes blue bias coffin that sentences him to another QF exit.
                            \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                              SOB 12 carries for 1meter.

say no more.
                              He was staying in touch with his support........
                              Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                                Sob shouldn’t go to the World Cup, if he does it ll be the final nail in Joes blue bias coffin that sentences him to another QF exit.
                                Here’s how I see it (and without opening the debate because I’m willing to accept the reasoning / goal post moving) SOB who is leaving is still in contention apparently because he isn’t leaving until after the RWC. Zebo then was dropped immediately because he was gone by the time the RWC comes around.

That means that the be all and end all of the national team is the RWC, it trumps everything and is the basis for all decision making.

So as far as im concerned Joes tenure will be deemed a success or a failure dependant on the outcome of our QF. Picking up a 6N is all well and good but it’s second fiddle to the RWC, beating any side in the Autumn friendlies is way farther down the list.

Everything is within his control, we know we have the quality and ability to beat anyone in a QF, so everything is on the line as far as I see it. It’s semi final or failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X