Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

That’s total horse****; you went on about Frank Murphy from Christmas until the start of the Six Nations
    I complained about that, bit I didn’t complain about his performance once. I just thought he shouldn’t of been appointed because he’s from and played for Munster. That’s different than blaming a ref for the result of a game. In the amateur GAA a Kerry man can’t ref a Kerry cork game .... I don’t see why that can’t be the same for professional rugby, that’s just my opinion. Do you have a reason why?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

I complained about that, bit I didn’t complain about his performance once.
      So you admit it, you and Isa are one and the same.

\"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

So you admit it, you and Isa are one and the same.
        Nope, I complained about Frank myself, in fact I only joined this thing to see if you folks thought it was ****ing bizarre that he could ref one of your games. Must be the only “professional” league in the world where this could happen.

Comment

I complained about that, bit I didn’t complain about his performance once. I just thought he shouldn’t of been appointed because he’s from and played for Munster. That’s different than blaming a ref for the result of a game. In the amateur GAA a Kerry man can’t ref a Kerry cork game .... I don’t see why that can’t be the same for professional rugby, that’s just my opinion. Do you have a reason why?
          It’s an opinion alright. Do you think the same is true of JP Doyle?

Comment

It didn’t stop Alain Rolland from reffing Leinster games and he played far more games for Leinster than Murphy did for Munster. You may not have blamed Murphy for the result but plenty of others did. I do agree it wasn’t and isn’t a very professional practice for the league but the point was about complaining about referees and Leinster’s fans are no exception.

Comment

Jaysus this is an awful feeling, just made it into the hotel bed. You wouldn’t wish a Heineken cup final loss on anyone. Better team won on the day bilit Maro should of been sent off (sorry that’s my very biased excuse qualification).

See you all all next weekend for the next game, big game for both of us now

congrats Sarries 2019 Heineken cup Champs.
              Maro should have been sent off for Maitlands hit?

I presume this falls into the category of not complaining about refs?

Comment

I don't think that the money spent by Saracens can be compared to Toulon. Yes Saracens have a big budget. This is used to buy some of the best players available but they do have an academy and half the squad originates from that. Also much of the budget is used to retain the players that have become successful at them. Finally they do lure young, promising players from other teams but many of these do become successful which means that their player development is very good.

Toulon and Sacarens are both big spenders but their strategies are much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                  I don't think that the money spent by Saracens can be compared to Toulon. Yes Saracens have a big budget. This is used to buy some of the best players available but they do have an academy and half the squad originates from that. Also much of the budget is used to retain the players that have become successful at them. Finally they do lure young, promising players from other teams but many of these do become successful which means that their player development is very good.

Toulon and Sacarens are both big spenders but their strategies are much different.
                  Not disagreeing with your point at all, but it's very difficult to ascertain what the ins and outs of a company owned by a billionaire who run a rugby teams are truly about (Sarries and Toulon both). They've a ground that is 15000 when they get the scaffolding poles out and they have a debt bigger than Thomond Park cost in it's entirety??

How like? Theyve an average attendance of 12k which is the benefit of them occasionally using the Olympic arena (west ham ground).

August 2018 in the Guardian:

​Much was made a few years ago of Saracens carrying the largest debt of any club in the history of rugby. It was then nearly £50m and has not fallen by much

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...wn-and-verdict

I dunno what to say, Toulon Sarries Racing all owned by the super rich, seems to help matters a bit
                  I am the million man.

Comment

But who's carrying this debt? Is it the billionaire himself, the banks, the city, or someone else? (I know the debt but not the story behind it.)

Comment

But who's carrying this debt? Is it the billionaire himself, the banks, the city, or someone else? (I know the debt but not the story behind it.)
                      No idea, and to be honest I don't really mind who does, my point is that if you're lucky enough to have a billionaire involved you can be at the Toulon Sarries Racing level.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                        Conan is outplaying Billy so far
                        Remarkable.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

No idea, and to be honest I don't really mind who does, my point is that if you're lucky enough to have a billionaire involved you can be at the Toulon Sarries Racing level.
                          For me it's important to know to understand how long they can continue this.

Comment

The debts quoted in these cases are usually those carried by the club and a large proportion are actually owed to the billionaire owner(s) who have pumped in the money. So it’s not like they’re going to call those debts in tomorrow but more a reflection of the poor financial state of the club.

It’s not surprising in Sarries’ case. They have small attendances, don’t own their stadium and wouldn’t make much from direct sponsorship. That really only leaves TV money and RFU cash as significant revenue streams, which isn’t enough to cover the costs of their set up.

Comment

Next week's battle between CJ and Conan is also important for whom will start at RWC. Right now I'd give Conan the edge but think CJ could be an important impact sub.

Comment

For me it's important to know to understand how long they can continue this.
                                They have a remarkable group of players who are at their peak. That same group of players may well deliver a World Cup for England.

Question is how long can they sustain this peak and is there a pipeline behind?

Comment

Working...
                                X