Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    It’s going to be a long few days hearing about how Garcès ruined the game, and that Sarries are cheating financially and all that Bla Bla Bla.




    The stronger, faster, fitter and better team won.
    Unfortunately Lawrence Leinster fans don't bellyache about the referee like Munster fans do, we just accept we were beaten by the better side.

    Comment


      Originally posted by lawrence View Post


      The problem is that the full picture is not in the public domain. The English clubs are supposed to be on a level playing field financially but Sarries are allegedly playing games by hiding pay to some players, who they recruited, put through their academy, trained, developed etc etc.

      But it’s all nonsense really, of the starting teams Leinster have more big money imports (Fardy, Lowe, Henshaw) than sarrie (williams), and Sarries are as forthcoming with their actual spend on players as Leinster are.
      Half expecting Izzy Folau to end up there this summer tbh. Move in with the Vunipolas
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Isa View Post

        Unfortunately Lawrence Leinster fans don't bellyache about the referee like Munster fans do, we just accept we were beaten by the better side.
        Sure ye don’t.

        Comment


          Originally posted by lawrence View Post
          It’s going to be a long few days hearing about how Garcès ruined the game, and that Sarries are cheating financially and all that Bla Bla Bla.




          The stronger, faster, fitter and better team won.
          Deja entendu. We already heard that in spades after Coventry.

          Comment


            Sense I have is a team at their peak and a team who are past their peak but very good. Hope for the rest of us. Munster need youth next season. TP will get us into the quarters but we need the X factor.

            PS - Leinster were poor in attack. Need a new attack coach.

            Comment


              Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              Sense I have is a team at their peak and a team who are past their peak but very good. Hope for the rest of us. Munster need youth next season. TP will get us into the quarters but we need the X factor.

              PS - Leinster were poor in attack. Need a new attack coach.
              Felix?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Isa View Post

                Unfortunately Lawrence Leinster fans don't bellyache about the referee like Munster fans do, we just accept we were beaten by the better side.
                We admitted we were beaten by the better team in the semi. I don’t think anyone said otherwise, despite us scoring more points against them than Leinster today. Sarries beat both of us by double scores.



                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Isa View Post

                  Unfortunately Lawrence Leinster fans don't bellyache about the referee like Munster fans do, we just accept we were beaten by the better side.
                  Even in defeat to Saracens, Leinsterfans find a way to have a go at Munsterfans, w@nkers
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    Garces tried to ref the game for the first forty but by the second half he was back into his old “anything goes” style. He’s a terrible ref.

                    Not a big gap between Leinster and Munster on that performance. The Blues caused a few more problems for Sarries’ defence and hung in a little longer but not much, and they weren’t missing their first choice 10 and best finisher...
                    Had to go out, so only watched first half live. I was thinking that Garces seemed to have a very different approach to referring, and wished he done the same on Easter Saturday. Given the comments above he went back to his usual style after the break.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Isa View Post

                      Unfortunately Lawrence Leinster fans don't bellyache about the referee like Munster fans do, we just accept we were beaten by the better side.
                      I'm feeling your pain.
                      ​​
                      And strangely grateful that you can come to our Munster forum so you can show how you are not whining about being a loser.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by lawrence View Post


                        The problem is that the full picture is not in the public domain. The English clubs are supposed to be on a level playing field financially but Sarries are allegedly playing games by hiding pay to some players, who they recruited, put through their academy, trained, developed etc etc.

                        But it’s all nonsense really, of the starting teams Leinster have more big money imports (Fardy, Lowe, Henshaw) than sarrie (williams), and Sarries are as forthcoming with their actual spend on players as Leinster are.
                        Just in the interest of, you know, truth:

                        Starting XV players actually developed elsewhere and bought in by saracens:
                        Alex Lozowski
                        Brad Barritt
                        Sean Maitland
                        Liam Williams
                        Ben Spencer
                        Mako Vunipola
                        Will Skelton
                        Billy Vunipola

                        Starting XV players actually developed elsewhere and bought in by Leinster:
                        Fardy
                        Lowe
                        Henshaw
                        Cronin(ignored by munster)(<--cheap shot maybe but I'm not in a good mood and the quoted post was bull****)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Isa View Post

                          Unfortunately Lawrence Leinster fans don't bellyache about the referee like Munster fans do, we just accept we were beaten by the better side.
                          That’s total horse****; you went on about Frank Murphy from Christmas until the start of the Six Nations

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by BlueArmyOriginal View Post

                            Just in the interest of, you know, truth:

                            Starting XV players actually developed elsewhere and bought in by saracens:
                            Alex Lozowski
                            Brad Barritt
                            Sean Maitland
                            Liam Williams
                            Ben Spencer
                            Mako Vunipola
                            Will Skelton
                            Billy Vunipola

                            Starting XV players actually developed elsewhere and bought in by Leinster:
                            Fardy
                            Lowe
                            Henshaw
                            Cronin(ignored by munster)(<--cheap shot maybe but I'm not in a good mood and the quoted post was bull****)
                            Yea there is a bit in that, but not a huge amount, there will be the perception that Sarries are a collection of the Who’s who of world rugby on massive wages when their success is as much about developing and investing in a lot of good players over a long period
                            of time.

                            The V bros have been with Sarries for 6 plus years and mako came from Bristol who were not in the premiership.

                            Barritt is with Sarries 11 years.

                            Spencer was signed from a div 1 side in 2011.

                            Their sucess is not built the same way Toulons was, they have a great set up, excellent coaches, well resourced, and they have a team spirit that should be the envy of most other sides.

                            They have earned their success not bought it, but it’s going to be reported that they have bought it.


                            Edit
                            This makes for interesting reading on the topic... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.r...demy-analysis/
                            Last edited by lawrence; 12th-May-2019, 06:49.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Isa View Post

                              Unfortunately Lawrence Leinster fans don't bellyache about the referee like Munster fans do, we just accept we were beaten by the better side.
                              Someone said today, this was a final the fans deserved.

                              It certainly was a final that many of their fans deserved.
                              Con Artist

                              Comment


                                Jaysus this is an awful feeling, just made it into the hotel bed. You wouldn’t wish a Heineken cup final loss on anyone. Better team won on the day bilit Maro should of been sent off (sorry that’s my very biased excuse qualification).

                                See you all all next weekend for the next game, big game for both of us now

                                congrats Sarries 2019 Heineken cup Champs.
                                “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X