No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are questions people could ask to Garces... For exemple "Why did you decide to become a réf ?", or "What do you think about the rules of thé game?"...
    For my part, I would ask him "For fecking sake, when will you decide at the end to stop it all and go back in the hole from where you would have better done not to leave it ?!!"
    How was the red 4 not sin binned ? How could Itoje finish the game (and without him, not sûre the Sarries would have definively take advantage from the 35th minute), how was Maitland not AT LEAST sinn binned ? Sarries could do what they wanted and had some more than dubious help from the french refs.
    And for what concerns the game, they are bigger, more powerful, they run longer, faster... I think that they could change their names in "Duracell London"... Amazing...
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
      Comfortable win. Match was over at 65 mins. Squeezed life out of Leinster.

McCall is a fine coach. Strange that he was overlooked for the Irish job.
      He made it clear he wasn’t interested afaik

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Again, how many times did the defending scrum offend inside their own five-yard line while going backwards?

What I have bolded is absolute rubbish.

"You have to be sure that they would probably scored"

​​​​​​ Bolleaux.
        Its not at all. You and i have had this discussion or similar several times before and refs continue to manage things in the same fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
          A different ref, a different result IMHO. Garces didn't ping Saracens for multiple offsides, crooked throws, knock ons. Doesn't seem to care much about player welfare either, lots of arms around necks allowed in clear outs and counter rucks. Hasn't reached the depths of Peyper yet though!
          Are you after bumping your post from Easter Saturday?
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Wonder will we see Wummiskey writing about the demise of Leinster rugby and putting the boot into the fans? Will he fu#k
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post
              Saracens play on the edge more than any team I've seen.
              I feel like I'm missing something, regarding Ringrose. He's not a bad player, but some people think he's the next O'Driscoll. https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...ight-1.3887606 He blew a 4-2 overlap today and - Clermont aside - I honestly can't remember him being brilliant against a top-class team. I'd pick Chris Farrell every time.

Agree Ringrose poor today, SOB a shadow of the player he was, Luke McGrath had a game to forget.
              Leinster missed Dan Leavy today.
              Garces just not a good referee,unless you support Saracens of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                And for what concerns the game, they are bigger, more powerful, they run longer, faster... I think that they could change their names in "Duracell London"... Amazing...
                Said this after the semifinal too. Team BT all over it. Reminded me a bit of team Sky..
                Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

The puke inducing RTÉ media at it again. The Leinster match report /story is the 4 th story on the RTÉ sport app. With the gaa all the headlines. If Leinster won the whole thing would be loaded about Leinster.

Comment

Not going in 10-3 was crucial but every time Saracens got in the 22 they looked like bully’s . Leinster had chances but didn’t take . McGrath poor game Ringrose quiet . Saracens played with their sub props since approx 20 minutes and we still didn’t dominate . Better team win
                    Leinster needed to score from the chances they had but couldn’t .
                    Lowe wasn’t allowed get into it . Saracens played the offside and pushed the physical as they were always going to do .

But watching if trying to play their way out of the 22 was hard to watch as they didn’t a chip or kick to keep Saracens honest . They would tackle all day
                    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                      Its not at all. You and i have had this discussion or similar several times before and refs continue to manage things in the same fashion.
                      Refs are, to my mind, ruining the game by their consistent failure to consistently penalise obvious offences.

Crooked feeds to both Scrum and Lineout, forward passes, off side at and around rucks are penalised rarely if ever.

Itoge did not get a yellow for clocking Kearney solely because he had already got one and he would have been off permanently.

(Do you really think that us arguing on line about this is going to change how Refs (mis)manage games? )

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                        The puke inducing RTÉ media at it again. The Leinster match report /story is the 4 th story on the RTÉ sport app. With the gaa all the headlines. If Leinster won the whole thing would be loaded about Leinster.
                        Why is this important? Some people are never happy . Why don’t you write them a letter
                        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post

Why is this important? Some people are never happy . Why don’t you write them a letter
                          RTE not the very worst but some in the media are very biased and in fairness being Dublin based it's perhaps understandable. We deserve a fair shout..

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post

If you read the bile being thrown at Munster by the Dublin media you would understand.
                            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Garces tried to ref the game for the first forty but by the second half he was back into his old “anything goes” style. He’s a terrible ref.

Not a big gap between Leinster and Munster on that performance. The Blues caused a few more problems for Sarries’ defence and hung in a little longer but not much, and they weren’t missing their first choice 10 and best finisher...

Comment

Ah well such is life when you come up against a team pretending their not a national team. I suspect Saracens would beat most national teams such is their strength. Cash is king......
                                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                                X