No announcement yet.

Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Leinster were keeping something for the derby.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Just stop. Garces kept Saracens far more in check than he did against Munster
      I am not saying he didn't but you name me another ref who lets a high tackle across the face of a guy in the air go without a card when he wasn't looking at the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

Agreed. He made mistakes but didn't seem to favor either side.
        Midfields were standing offside for much of the game. Hard to play attacking rugby with that kind of suffocating defence. Well done Sarries - they totally ruled the second half with their hard-nosed game.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Nonsense.

How many scrum infringements within five yards of either goal line were committed by the defending team toda​​​​​​y?

Once more, you fail (or pretend to fail) to understand that if you regularly penalise a team, they will stop offending.

Early in today's game Sarries were pinged for offside by the backs at a lineout.

They didn't do it again.
          You seem to think that but the scrum calls were correct and you would never give a penalty try for what you suggest. Laws state probable try but you have to be very certain it will have stopped score.
          And once more you have no grasp of the realities of refereeing.

Comment

Schadenfreude galore

Comment

Jesus that was relentless display of power rugby,they may not be likeable but they are efficient and clinical .
              They play on the edge of the rules too ,itoje twice could have been yc.
              thought leinster like us got smothered and didnt kick in behind them enough ,box kicking to lian williams is not a good move.
              the top 2 teams in europe without a doubt and unluckely for leinster today saracens were just too good.
              hard luck to all leinsterfans ,its always hard to lose a final
              Still there's a light I hold before me
              You're the measure of my dreams
              The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                Jesus that was relentless display of power rugby,they may not be likeable but they are efficient and clinical .
                They play on the edge of the rules too ,itoje twice could have been yc.
                thought leinster like us got smothered and didnt kick in behind them enough ,box kicking to lian williams is not a good move.
                the top 2 teams in europe without a doubt and unluckely for leinster today saracens were just too good.
                hard luck to all leinsterfans ,its always hard to lose a final
                I actually thought they made Sarries work for the full 80 mins wheras they blew us away in the third quarter

​​​​Leinster didn't stretch them ( nor did we)
                I am the million man.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how the Irish media reports this. When Munster were beaten by Saracens in the second half of the semi there was a lot written about how poor we were. Will we see something similar regarding Leinster?

We definitely aren’t too far behind Leinster, if at all, irrespective of how next weekend goes
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Saracens play on the edge more than any team I've seen.
                    I feel like I'm missing something, regarding Ringrose. He's not a bad player, but some people think he's the next O'Driscoll. https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...ight-1.3887606 He blew a 4-2 overlap today and - Clermont aside - I honestly can't remember him being brilliant against a top-class team. I'd pick Chris Farrell every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                      Will be interesting to see how the Irish media reports this. When Munster were beaten by Saracens in the second half of the semi there was a lot written about how poor we were. Will we see something similar regarding Leinster?

We definitely aren’t too far behind Leinster, if at all, irrespective of how next weekend goes
                      They hammered Leinster, scoreboard didn't reflect the game to my eyes. Leinster pinned inside their own 22 for the last 20 mins trying somehow to get out

Sarries would win the 6N right now, they are above everyone imo
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                        You seem to think that but the scrum calls were correct and you would never give a penalty try for what you suggest. Laws state probable try but you have to be very certain it will have stopped score.
                        And once more you have no grasp of the realities of refereeing.

Again, how many times did the defending scrum offend inside their own five-yard line while going backwards?

What I have bolded is absolute rubbish.

"You have to be sure that they would probably scored"

​​​​​​ Bolleaux.

Comment

A different ref, a different result IMHO. Garces didn't ping Saracens for multiple offsides, crooked throws, knock ons. Doesn't seem to care much about player welfare either, lots of arms around necks allowed in clear outs and counter rucks. Hasn't reached the depths of Peyper yet though!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	57F81ABC-69C5-4B37-A0F2-D214B1622A45.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	2569239

They’re never far from our thoughts at Munster.
                            Last edited by Stringer9; 11th-May-2019, 18:36.
                            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
                              A different ref, a different result IMHO. Garces didn't ping Saracens for multiple offsides, crooked throws, knock ons. Doesn't seem to care much about player welfare either, lots of arms around necks allowed in clear outs and counter rucks. Hasn't reached the depths of Peyper yet though!
                              Are you talking about the Munster match?

Comment

Comfortable win. Match was over at 65 mins. Squeezed life out of Leinster.

McCall is a fine coach. Strange that he was overlooked for the Irish job.

Comment

Working...
                                X