Leinster 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post

McGrath has broken his wrist I think so they are thin for experienced 9s which means Gibson - Park has to play. They are caught on the 3 Passport rule and only 2 from Lowe, Fardy and Tomane can play along with Gibson Park. Interesting to see Tomane being given another run, he was not that impressive last week and very much at sea defensively
    It's Nick McCarthy who injured his wrist, not Luke McGrath.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
      problems with the conveyor belt?
      Not so far. Leinster A won 43-28 away to Ulster A.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Not so far. Leinster A won 43-28 away to Ulster A.
        It is still moving okay, but some of the products don't look quite so shiny
        Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

'I love the Scannells' Will Greenwood

Comment

Disappointing to lose the game on Saturday night. Played well in patches but didn't put together a consistent performance over 80 minutes. Ross Byrne landed two touchline conversions but missed a couple of relatively straightforward penalties which kind of summed up the whole evening.

Leinster back-row have struggled a bit in the opening two games. Not all that surprising, I guess, due to a few reasons. Josh Murphy (and Doris in the Cardiff match) aren't up to that level yet. The injuries to VDF, Leavy, SOB and Connors have left the back-row unbalanced. Ruddock has played well but he's not a groundhog. Playing him as a 7 would be mitigated if there was a fetcher at 6 or 8 but none of Murphy, Deegan, Conan or Doris excel in that area. It's left Leinster vulnerable at ruck time and struggling to generate enough quick ball at rucks while they're not providing enough of a turnover threat in defence.

Anyway, in team news Jack McGrath picked up a knee injury in training last week which they expect to keep him out until the Munster match. Tom Daly damaged his MCL during the Leinster A game and is expected to miss the next 4-6 weeks of action.

Sexton, Ringrose, VDF, Rob Kearney and Ryan are all expected to be available to feature this weekend.

Comment

Here's Johnny....

Leinster team to play the Dragons on Sat 15th. KO 5.15pm

15 Rob Kearney; 14 Jordan Larmour, 13 Garry Ringrose, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Dave Kearney; 10 Johnny Sexton (c), 9 Jamison Gibson-Park; 1 Ed Byrne, 2 Sean Cronin, 3 Andrew Porter; 4 Scott Fardy, 5 James Ryan; 6 Max Deegan, 7 Josh van der Flier, 8 Jack Conan

16 Bryan Byrne, 17 Peter Dooley, 18 Tadhg Furlong, 19 Ross Molony, 20 Caelan Doris, 21 Hugh O'Sullivan, 22 Noel Reid, 23 Joe Tomane

Comment

Looks (unnecessarily) strong

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                Looks (unnecessarily) strong
                No way, the Welsh are the ones constantly complaining... lets hammer them everywhere (probably orders from above)...
                then see how seriously they take the league...
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Pacey back three for Leinster, lots of tries to come.
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Realistically, Dragons are about the worst PRO14 team in the northern hemisphere and should be slain early on. Less than 40 margin is weak.

Comment

+42, 7 tries and 15 points for Sexton. Comprehensive- well done Leinster

Comment

Little Dragons fullback, Jordan Williams scored a brilliant try from his own 10 metre line, beating several Leinster players by sheer speed and marvellous sidestepping.
                        James Ryan looking bigger this season and showing some great subtle footballing skills as well as the grunt work.
                        Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Am I wrong or does Henshaw look a bit slimmer this year? Seems to carry it better.

Comment

Delighted to see VanDerFlier back fit

I am the million man.

Comment

Very strong Leinster performance. That conference looks done and dusted.

...is it a bit early to say the conveyor belt may be spluttering a bit after the latest products(Ryan, Leavy, Lemar, Porter) have rolled off?

Comment

Leinster A 57 Cardiff Blues A 10

Comment

Working...
                                X