awsome leicester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awsome leicester

Thought Leciester were awsome today. This game was won at the breakdown. Won playing Munster type rugby, just says to me that we should not have to abandon our traditional game to beat the best. Must be extremely frustrating and dissapointing for Llaneli. Where do they go to from now ??

One standout lesson from this game is that, post Halstead, we need a big dynamic carrier. With Carney , B Murphy, possibly Warwick, Payne ?, Mafi, Mossie to choose from then we will be back in business, weneed fear no one in Europe

tuilagi would be handy to bosh it up the centre

Comment

Hope they go on to win it.

They dealt the body blow that knocked us out, not Llanelli.
      PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin)

Hope they go on to win it.

They dealt the body blow that knocked us out, not Llanelli.

Yeah,remember we were lucky to win the first time out against them. If P. Burke hadn't missed those penalty chances for Leicester and played even at an average level in the first half, we would have been nowhere close to having a chance to win with a penalty from inside our own half to win the game....

For the second match, the tactics of playing "total rugby" instead of Munster rugby did us in. The Leicester pack were dominant, not because they're miles ahead of Munster, or even a better pack than Munster, but because the Munster pack were stretched across the field at every breakdown.

The tactic was nearly disasterous against Bourgoin in Geneva. Methinks DK wanted to play a more "expansive style" than win in the usual "up the jumper" type of way....

Anyways, best of luck to them in the final. Good fans and good fan base. If I didn't hate Leicester rugbyclub so much I'droot for them. Good to see them win without Johnson or Healy.

Comment

Given that it's gonna be an all England final, will the stadium be full for same ? Are those who bought tickets early still gonna go to a GP final. I have gone to a few finals where we weren't present ( shur bought tickets in anticipation anyway earlier in comp. ) but because there was a country difference in the final game. Couldn't be bothered going to a GP-GP final. Not at all the same banter I've seen at other finals I reckon.

Comment

Yes, Tigers were undoubtedly the better team. But then they were pretty streetwise too (as if we didn't know). Scarlets never really got going, and when they looked like they might do something wily old Tigers always managed to disrupt. That's not to say thye weren't good or had the best players (they were and they had).

Personally thought Corry was the difference - he battled on all day, was always in the right place, and never shifted his concentration. Even stranger that the young #8 is a tad older than our soon-to-be-retired talisman, who is also considered to be a throw back to other days?

Yes indeed, a strange year when Leicester look winners by going back to old fashioned skills, and we abandon such a mindset and instead preach the expansive game......

Maybe we can't spell - expensive might be more apt......

Comment

A quality performance by a Leicester team that scored4 tries against both the Ospreys and Scarlets first XVs within a week.

As for "streetwise" how about Simon Easterby's non-stop cheating?

Maybe the Scarlets should have fielded a decent team in Cork last weekend - playing two big games in 7 days didn't seem to affect the Tigers too much.

I wonder how many the Ospreys will score against the Scarlets on Tuesday?
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

4 tries? it was only 3, goode, jennings and deacon

Comment

I was getting carried away. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Whatever about Cheikas other signings Jennings is sheer class.
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Errr, Keogh and Hogan aren't that bad either, sewa.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Originally posted by sewa

Errr, Keogh and Hogan aren't that bad either, sewa.

That's like, so last year.
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

A Wasp's win today would set up a cracking final. Off to the pub now to watch that and then roll on Twickenham.

Anyone else going to the final anyway??????

"This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

Working...
                          X