German Rugby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Rugby

Twitter reports that Herr Wild is withdrawing his cash from German rugby on the back of the decision of the EPCR to ban Heidelberg from the Challenge Cup.

GH89‏ @GBHutch89 · 38m38 minutes ago

Replying to @T2Rugby

Apparently Herr Wild pulling his money out of German rugby, all Heidelberg RK players employed by his academy told to seek new employment. All a result of EPCR decision to ban them from CC. So @ERChallengeCup successfully crippling Tier2 rugby yet again. Germany back in dark ages

Dropgol Blog‏ @MisterXVBlog

Wild will stop all investments in German rugby and Wild Rugby Academy and German rugby Supporters will be dissolved. Apparently this is due to disqualification of HRK from @ERChallengeCup

Rough translation of the article

So close to the Portuguese game of the DRV XV, it is a message for the German rugby, which will cause a lot of unrest. Hans-Peter Wild, longtime supporter of the HRK, the Wild Rugby Academy founded by him and the DRV wants to completely discontinue his financial commitment in German rugby. In the future, the native Eppelheimer will limit himself exclusively to his involvement with the French capital club Stade Français. The reasons for this move, it was conveyed to the players concerned and the European Cup organizer (EPCR), were in the EPCR decision not to let the HRK start in the Challenge Cup.

Already in recent days, there had been increasing rumors about a held in the previous week session in which the WRA players was taught that they will be terminated on time and the entire WRA-GFR construct will be wound up. Meanwhile, this process was confirmed by several present. Some players, who have been part of this project for years in the colors of the club, reacted with disbelief and horror, because nobody expected this step. Even the trainees employed at the WRA may now have no future with their current employer.

This drastic step was justified, both in the meeting with the concerned players, as well as in a letter of the WRA to the European Cup organizer EPCR, with whose decision the Heidelberger RK does not start in the Challenge Cup. The HRK had qualified athletically for the competition via the Continental Shield, but had not been approved by the organizer - the reason for this: A possible conflict of interest, since with Stade Français another under the influence of HRK-patron Wild club is represented in the competition ,

Europapokalveranstalter EPCR: The HRK was warned by us

It should have been warned, as the organizer EPCR in a press release and in correspondence with TR sets out. In the course of last year, the European Cup organizer had warned the EPO several times with reference to the regulations. Hans-Peter Wild, as well as a meeting with the patron himself in the Swiss Nyon given. The representatives of Dr. Wild and the HRK, one insists with the EPCR, were always informed.

As the organizer already in the precedent Montpelier / Gloucester two years ago - Montpelier owner Mohammed Altrad wanted to take over the English Premiership club Gloucester Rugby, but after an explicit warning of the European Cup organizers had refrained from it - had made clear: Two clubs of the same owner will not be tolerated in the European Cup competitions. This argument is at least a bit shaky given that, for example, the Irish provinces are all under the umbrella of the IRFU.

An absolute disgrace, a visible display of why I don’t support the Nigel’s Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy View Post
      An absolute disgrace, a visible display of why I don’t support the Nigel’s Cup.

The same thing would have happened if it was still under ERC control.

Comment

It’s a load of balls, does nothing for the development of the game.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

It’s a load of balls, does nothing for the development of the game.

I agree it doesn't develop the game, however, in this age of match fixing in sport , it is a necessary evil.

Comment

Again, a load of balls. Sure doesn’t the IRFU gave 4 teams and SRU 2 teams.

Comment

Again, a load of balls. Sure doesn’t the IRFU gave 4 teams and SRU 2 teams.

There's a big difference being under union ownership than there is with a single owner. You just seem to want to find any perceived flaw with this particular organisation.

Comment

If Herr Wild was truly interested in the development of German rugby he could put his millions in trust with the DRV (German Union) and release the money to them based on performance benchmarks. (A more structured version of what JP, Rory and Dennis do here).

The fact that he is throwing thus particular toy of of the pram (while holding onto the shiny pink French one) shows his much of an ego driven vanity project he has been. Good luck to him and his ilk. Next step is to apply usual anti-trust/cartel laws to the Nigel's in addition to basic financial fair play rules.

Comment

Sad enough to see, hard to see any tier 2 nation bridging the gap the way things are now
                  "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

The good news for Germany, they beat Portugal to advance to the playoff with samoa later this month. They'll probably lost that but would have a 2nd shot at world cup qualification in the Repechage tournament but would have to qualify at the expense of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by cirus View Post
                      The good news for Germany, they beat Portugal to advance to the playoff with samoa later this month. They'll probably lost that but would have a 2nd shot at world cup qualification in the Repechage tournament but would have to qualify at the expense of Canada.
                      Canada playing terrible against Russia. They might have a good chance.

Comment

Canada 20-43 Russia FT

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                          There's a big difference being under union ownership than there is with a single owner. You just seem to want to find any perceived flaw with this particular organisation.
                          Just to come back to this again, how come the same principle doesn’t apply to Timisoara Saracens ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to come back to this again, how come the same principle doesn’t apply to Timisoara Saracens ?

You referring to the Saracens link? Sarries not in the same competition I suppose unlike Stade and Heidelberg.

Comment

I don’t believe they’re owned by the same people. Sarries have forged links with clubs all over the place but they haven’t bought them.

Comment

Working...
                              X