The rugby Ulster play - Season 2018/19 - SEE MOD note post 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

There is just something about the way they play that is very impressive and not just their speed of attack when they get a turnover.

Although the style is similar to when Gregor was in charge they look more agressive and quicker in execution
    When it was being discussed here about an attack coach it seems to me that whatever Glasgow are doing other teams should copy it Not sure who Glasgow's attack coach is it or whether it is all down to Rennie?
    Just checked Mike Blair is the attack coach.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie P View Post
      Embarrassing now for Ulster, shame for Rory to finish this way.
      Best of luck in the future Rory, always a warrior.

I'll never forget him entering a ruck against NZ with his arm broken in two places.
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

I'll never forget him entering a ruck against NZ with his arm broken in two places.
        Conducts himself brilliantly as Captain both on and off the park.
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Captain Fantastic. Hard to think of a better servant to Ulster and Irish rugby.

Comment

Ireland's 6 Nations hangover has transferred over to all of the province's. Form of our players is worrying ahead of World Cup
            Last edited by Yatenga; 18th-May-2019, 06:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
              Ireland's 6 Nations hangover has transferred over to all of the province's. Form of our players is worrying ahead of 6 Nations
              You never know, They might come round in japan and be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Bit of a favourite moment for me was Hartley punching him in the face and Rory not retaliating but appealing to the ref. If ever a player owned his opposite number....

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
                  Ireland's 6 Nations hangover has transferred over to all of the province's. Form of our players is worrying ahead of World Cup
                  If we manage to get past Scotland and SA lose to NZ...
                  I can't think of one Irish player who is clearly better than their South African counterparts. Individually, they're at least as good, if not stronger than us everywhere. Our star players - Murray, Sexton, Furlong, Ryan, Stockdale? would struggle to make the SA XV. Pollard is playing out of his skin these days and FDK has arguably been the form scrum half in world rugby over the last year.

I can't see anything but another QF exit on the horizon. Ire would have to perform at a level well above the sum of its parts to reach SF stage, and judging on this seasons evidence, that's not looking at all likely.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

If we manage to get past Scotland and SA lose to NZ...
                    I can't think of one Irish player who is clearly better than their South African counterparts. Individually, they're at least as good, if not stronger than us everywhere. Our star players - Murray, Sexton, Furlong, Ryan, Stockdale? would struggle to make the SA XV. Pollard is playing out of his skin these days and FDK has arguably been the form scrum half in world rugby over the last year.

I can't see anything but another QF exit on the horizon. Ire would have to perform at a level well above the sum of its parts to reach SF stage, and judging on this seasons evidence, that's not looking at all likely.
                    Is that the “this season” where they took on a fired-up full strength All Blacks, while missing Murray, and beat them, or the “this season” where they had a ****e 6Ns?

Form can change quickly. I’ll worry about the RWC when we at the RWC. A lot can change between now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Is that the “this season” where they took on a fired-up full strength All Blacks, while missing Murray, and beat them, or the “this season” where they had a ****e 6Ns?

Form can change quickly. I’ll worry about the RWC when we at the RWC. A lot can change between now and then.
                      One great game doesn't make up for consistently poor performances since then.
                      What Irish players do you think are clearly better than their SA counterparts?
                      Let's not forget that 2 months before we finally beat NZ for the first time on home soil, SA beat NZ in NZ and only lost to them in extra time at home.
                      Irrespective of current form, SA have more depth and quality than we have Imho.
                      Last edited by kahalui; 18th-May-2019, 16:13.

Comment

Jesus Christ Ulster. WTAF?
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                        X