The rugby Ulster play - Season 2018/19 - SEE MOD note post 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

...and Austin Healy couldn't understand why Addison didn't wait the full 80 to take the kick at goal.
    Ruan Pienaar's 90 second masterclass from last January. Maximising his permitted time ...

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      Is all of this nasty vitriol aimed at Zebo simply because of his momentary showboating that day in Paris or is there more to it? Seems way over the top from Ulster fans.
      Par for the course in Ravenhill really
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

I'd say what we should all do right now is post forcefully expressed reactions to this on the basis of no known facts whatsoever.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
          Someone called him fat, he's taken exception to it by making vague accusations on social media like a 13yr old wee girl.

If it's something serious it needs to go through official channels.
          No idea what was said, so at the risk of premature comment I would say its hard to blame the player for not reporting it. Even the suggestion that this may have happened makes it incumbent on Ulster to contact Zebo to hear from him, regarldess of whether or not he wants to make a formal complaint

All in all disappointing to hear the boo boys out

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

No idea what was said, so at the risk of premature comment I would say its hard to blame the player for not reporting it. Even the suggestion that this may have happened makes it incumbent on Ulster to contact Zebo to hear from him, regarldess of whether or not he wants to make a formal complaint

All in all disappointing to hear the boo boys out
            No, it's incumbent on Zebo to raise it with the relevant authorities and UR. Not the other way around. Should UR contact every opposition player to ask how they enjoyed their match experience? Or just the ones who make bitchy comments on social media.
            Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
            http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post

Par for the course in Ravenhill really
              God love him, a bit of booing. You'd never hear that kinda thing at Thomond...

Comment

Originally posted by osullik79 View Post
                If you look at ulster fans forum a couple admit to calling him a fat cnut. I would consider that abusive, but because they say it wasn't racist that's ok. Some sad individuals.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
                Yes. I agree with you that would be abusive. Not the fat bit, but the cnut. Unfortunately, there are a few nasty fans among the supporters of all teams, but they should not be allowed to give all the others a bad name. As said above, Zebo should simply state what he heard and not leave us all to speculate.
                Erse end of nowhere

Comment

No, it's incumbent on Zebo to raise it with the relevant authorities and UR. Not the other way around. Should UR contact every opposition player to ask how they enjoyed their match experience? Or just the ones who make bitchy comments on social media.
                  Yes they should because even a hint of racism around a club needs to be dealt with proactively and decisvely. And I know you dont want to hear this but Ulster in particular needs to be cognizant of their reputation. Fair or not, it has been tarnished. And needs to be rebuilt and protected. Hiding around process and procedures is the last thing they need. I'd be surprised if they havent already reached out to Zeebs.

Comment

Yes they should because even a hint of racism around a club needs to be dealt with proactively and decisvely. And I know you dont want to hear this but Ulster in particular needs to be cognizant of their reputation. Fair or not, it has been tarnished. And needs to be rebuilt and protected. Hiding around process and procedures is the last thing they need. I'd be surprised if they havent already reached out to Zeebs.
                    I'm an Ulster supporter who has been living abroad for several years so don't get to Ravers anymore. But as far as I can see, their fans are no better or worse than those of other provinces. There are always a few misfits wherever you go.
                    What do you mean by "their reputation"?
                    It is not clear whether you are talking about the fans or the management.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

I assume Munster contact every opposition player then? There is no history of racisim at Ulster, there is no history of sectarianism either which is impressive given the tumultuous history. If a racist comment had been made I'm sure fans would have singled the perpetrators out.

It's very easy to make accusations on social media, with no depth or facts behind it. Then let the social media warriors run with it. I expected better from Zebo when playing in Ireland.

Comment

I don't believe any racist name calling occurred and in any event Zebo actively subscribes to this home boy/gangsta nonsense.
                        People seem to have forgotten the receptions McCrea and Volley got at Thomond.
                        We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                        Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

I'm an Ulster supporter who has been living abroad for several years so don't get to Ravers anymore. But as far as I can see, their fans are no better or worse than those of other provinces. There are always a few misfits wherever you go.
                          What do you mean by "their reputation"?
                          It is not clear whether you are talking about the fans or the management.
                          Ulster rugby reputation (players, management, fans, structures, past and present), at the risk of ridicule I wuill use the word "brand"
                          Rugby clubs are a business competing for sponsors, advertisers, players, fans, public funding etc.
                          Ulter rugby - the business, the brand were badly tarnished by the rape trial (without bgetting into the rights or wrongs of the whole thing but it did damage them)

They cant have this hanging over them. The Django reference by Zebo suggest something racist was said, and Ulster Rugby need to figure that out and fast. If it wasnt that needs to come out if it was they need to make a statement
                          I'm not saying Ulster fans are better or worse than others, frankly I have no idea and if I had to guess I'd say they are the same as others: generally decent but always a few idiots
                          The only thing Ulster Rugby can control now is their response

Comment

I assume Munster contact every opposition player then? There is no history of racisim at Ulster, there is no history of sectarianism either which is impressive given the tumultuous history. If a racist comment had been made I'm sure fans would have singled the perpetrators out.

It's very easy to make accusations on social media, with no depth or facts behind it. Then let the social media warriors run with it. I expected better from Zebo when playing in Ireland.
                            I would 100% agree that if it was personal and not racist Zebo should have chosen his words more carefully, and should now come out and say so. But we dont know that, its now out there, and needs to be dealt with.

Comment

I don't believe any racist name calling occurred and in any event Zebo actively subscribes to this home boy/gangsta nonsense.
                              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack the Knife View Post
                                So, say, someone wears a habit, or burka, it’s ok to abuse them?

Comment

Working...
                                X