No announcement yet.

The rugby Ulster play - Season 2018/19 - SEE MOD note post 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 teams, 4 wins against AP 4th and 5th, and against Top14 2nd and 6th... Nice week-end.
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Huge result for Ulster, delighted for them. Great weekend for the Irish

2019 building on 2018?

Comment

Zebo hinting that it was more than boo’s that were said to him from the crowd.

Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Someone called him fat, he's taken exception to it by making vague accusations on social media like a 13yr old wee girl.

If it's something serious it needs to go through official channels.
          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

If a large chunk of the crowd are booing him every time he touches the ball it's not a stretch to think one idiot will go further.

Agree with Jackie though that he should be reporting this properly and not through a cryptic Insta post. It's tainting Ulster rugby but not allowing them do anything to take action against whoever was involved, which they more than anyone would be eager to do.
            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

He hasn't said it was racist, he's just been incredibly vague. I heard quite a few comments about his post Munster body shape.

​​​​​​If anything was said that was racist he should be reporting it properly rather than having a moan to his followers on social media. Makes him look a sore loser but the SMWs will be lapping it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                Someone called him fat, he's taken exception to it by making vague accusations on social media like a 13yr old wee girl.

If it's something serious it needs to go through official channels.
                That’s it? Someone called him fat? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                  He hasn't said it was racist, he's just been incredibly vague. I heard quite a few comments about his post Munster body shape.

​​​​​​If anything was said that was racist he should be reporting it properly rather than having a moan to his followers on social media. Makes him look a sore loser but the SMWs will be lapping it up.
                  I agree if it was racist there should be reports but how do you know what was said did you hear everything that was said

Comment

Zebo should clear this business up by explaining exactly what he means.
                    If there is more to it than just being called fat (which is not abusive or racist), then he must say so.
                    Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                      Zebo should clear this business up by explaining exactly what he means.
                      If there is more to it than just being called fat (which is not abusive or racist), then he must say so.
                      If you look at ulster fans forum a couple admit to calling him a fat cnut. I would consider that abusive, but because they say it wasn't racist that's ok. Some sad individuals.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

That’s it? Someone called him fat? Hmmm
                        God knows, because Simon hasn't said. But because he is black then people are jumping the gun that it must be racist.

Can't speak for everyone who was there yesterday but in my experience I have never heard anything racist or sectarian at Ravenhill. I would be very surprised if it was that.

Comment

There is nothing on his social media saying it wasnt racist. The reference to django (I don't follow him so don't know if that is regular) would suggest racism. I'd suggest that it could end up being the Spide v Spade comments again.
                          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

"Django" was a nickname apparently given to Zebo by his Irish teammates a few years back.

Personally, I doubt that any "fat" comments would bother Zebo, so I presume he heard something racist. But what would I know, I'm only a social media fan?

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

There are very few things that could be said which would provoke that sort of reaction from a player outside of racism or personal comments towards his family. Disgusting from Ulster fans regardless and letting themselves and Irish rugby down once again. Hopefully those responsible can be identified.

Comment

Is all of this nasty vitriol aimed at Zebo simply because of his momentary showboating that day in Paris or is there more to it? Seems way over the top from Ulster fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X