No announcement yet.

The rugby Ulster play - Season 2018/19 - SEE MOD note post 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This group is getting interesting. Racing won the Round 2 fixture by 44-12. Ulster currently lead 23-10 after 52 minutes. Could Ulster possibly better R92's result??
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Racing try.

Ulster need to keep focus.

Racing are finding plenty of holes.

Comment

Russell 0/3 in front of goals.

Comment

Russell wasted a try a while ago by not passing. Having a poor day at work
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Ulster in trouble now

Comment

23-22 now. 15 mins left, BP try for Racing just scored.

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Ulster are gone out of this game now. All Racing possession, Racing making ground far too easily.

They have the ball now and need to keep it a while.

Comment

They got away with it with the forward pass there.

Comment

Ulster saved from another try by a Racing forward pass.....that is a marginal call.

Racing just ran straight through Ulster on the way to it.

Fingers crossed they can hold on.

Comment

Why wouldn't they go for the corner??

Comment

Jaysus that last 20 mins must have been nerve wracking for Ulster fans!

Great to see them hold on.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                          Why wouldn't they go for the corner??
                          Andy Dunne on Newstalk was afraid Racing would regain possession and run the length to score. He wanted Addison to kick it wide and out of play in case it hit the post ....
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

That was an odd decision- to kick- gives Racing a point, could have made it 5-0, and topped table. That said, should be enough to qualify, which is a serious advance from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Andy Dunne on Newstalk was afraid Racing would regain possession and run the length to score. He wanted Addison to kick it wide and out of play in case it hit the post ....
                              ...and Austin Healy couldn't understand why Addison didn't wait the full 80 to take the kick at goal.

Comment

Despite some sloppy play, especially in the lineout, Ulster hang on for a narrow win over a very powerful Racing team. Not pretty - but well done. Stockdale is some player and was again the matchwinner today. Old fella Rory continues to lead by example.
                                Why keep an obviously-injured Burns, who can't even kick the ball, on the pitch, with Lowry on the bench?
                                Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                                X